Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next CAStrust Meeting Thursday 9th August 7pm (venue likely to be Beehive New Eltham)

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Hi

I have called this meeting to maintain open channels despite the Olympics and holiday season (and probably therefore a small turnout).

Thank you to everyone for your continued support, whether in the flesh, email or in spirit.

We are close to being able to formally register the Trust, but please be patient while we work on this.

Very broadly our aims will be for better representation, consultation, access and openess from the Club, plus other stuff that once formally complete hopefully will be something all of us can unite behind.

If any fans want to do something more right now (as well as supporting us) I would suggest the following:

*Look up your local CASC, ask them when their next meeting is and join up - I think this might be very useful.

http://www.casc.org.uk/branches.php

I firmly believe our Club needs us perhaps more than ever before in our History, although I also very much hope this is not the case.

We got our Charlton back now let's make sure we try and keep it!

any of those active with the Trust so far that have not made direct contact with me re assisting with the work to be done please can you do so as soon as possible.

enq@castrust.org

Comments

• Any details from the last meeting been released yet?
  • Pretty much covered above, but if anyone has any further questions please feel free to contact me direct on enq@castrust.org.
  • Great, I should be able to make this.
  • edited July 2012
    you're the main event mate..
  • So Prague, what are you performing?
  • edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
  • So Prague, what are you performing?

At this rate, some Leonard Cohen...

• Will be there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not if it's Leonard Cohen's Greatest Hits.....
  • Brenda Lamont... I miss her! Well I certainly miss that lovely surname. Got the short straw. Sorry afka no offence meant..
  • edited July 2012
    Hi

Just some points regarding some questions on another thread:

As I understand it Swansea's Trust weren't 'given' anything as such, they arranged a consortium which they were part of to buy/rescue the club. Anyone who is interested in the pros and cons of a Trust should do some research and look into all the other good and bad examples, and come along to meetings.

Personally I am not necessarily sure simple ownership or part ownership is the best route for the Trust long term, in terms of maintaining long term influence as this would be vulnerable to administration scenarios, however this may become appropriate short term, and there also may be other ways a Trust could invest were it fortunate enough to raise funds substantial enough.

In my view a Trust would need to have as part of its core objectives to further the long term interests of the Charlton Athletic, and represent the interests of one of its core stakeholders the fans. This would necessarily include acting responsibly and in partnership with other stakeholders.

From what I read somewhere regarding membership 20% of the fanbase is a possible target, perhaps someone can estimate what that is?

Of course anything above that is my view is not necessarily the view of the Trust, this will be up to the post AGM Trust group.

Cheers

BR

P.S. If you want to show support for the Trust please follow us

Twitter @castrust

like our Facebook/castrust page

join our linked in group CASTRUST

..and please spread the word to others to do as well.

• Bump for rct
  • edited August 2012
    torquayfansforum.com/index.cgi?board=groundreviews&action=display&thread=2839

I hope @budleigh doesn't mind me pinning this link to lots of inspirational pic
  • edited August 2012
    FYI . Unfortunately mens 200m, 800m, triple jump & I think 1500m & javelin final night.

Think the turn out may be low :-(
  • Yup, nay mind it may just be a small core and some wg stuff
  • I've already enquired about the TV monitors at the venue. We could easily break for some of the events. After all, how long does the 200m take...20 seconds?
  • I've already enquired about the TV monitors at the venue. We could easily break for some of the events. After all, how long does the 200m take...20 seconds?

Not if most of the CL posters are running it......

• Sponsored links:

• I'll be there, unless in the very unlikey event I get Olympic tickets.
  • confirmed the beehive pub
  • please can we have a sticky?

ta
  • Got to go to the CAB this afternoon, will hopefully come straight from there.
    Thanks.
  • Is there an agenda?
  • edited August 2012
    membership strategy plus some progress reports, its pretty informal at this stage, and RH wants to talk the future of sustainable football stuff
  • please could a moderator change the time to 7pm at top of the thread, I don't think I can do it?
  • Hope to pop down at some point but 7 is too early for me.
  • edited August 2012
    @AFKABartram ok we should be in the bar afterwards, Thanks
  • Will not be able to attend tonight ,but I send my best wishes and support for everything you are trying to do.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!