Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Badger deterrent

2»

Comments

• Options
    Contrary to the TV adverts, I actually think Lynx is a deterrent.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

You're thinking of Persil.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Who are you he's back-up?

What I'm struggling with though is the sweeping genaralisation that cafcfan makes that farmers are too busy scrounging off of Europe and shooting things to look after their livestock and Our countryside. I've not questioned anything else that your chum has stated.

Well how about trying to come back with something constructive rather than your standard and predictable `wind your neck in lad' put-down....and then when anyone challenges you on it you get a right strop on.

You like dishing it out but don't seem to be able to take it.

• Options
    Ledge says:

Get a staffs bull terrier

it may work but some relations of my wife had Badgers in their back garden and one made very short work (and a nasty mess) of their border collie.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Who are you he's back-up?

What I'm struggling with though is the sweeping genaralisation that cafcfan makes that farmers are too busy scrounging off of Europe and shooting things to look after their livestock and Our countryside. I've not questioned anything else that your chum has stated.

Well how about trying to come back with something constructive rather than your standard and predictable `wind your neck in lad' put-down....and then when anyone challenges you on it you get a right strop on.

You like dishing it out but don't seem to be able to take it.

It's a debate, I wasn't aware I was being made to take or dish out anything. I merely disagreed with what your chum said re. farmers, you then stuck your oar in by quoting your chum and asking what I was struggling with, so I explained to you too and now you've gone and got the hump and talk about dishing things out etc. Calm down lad and take a chill pill...
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

You're thinking of Persil.
    You can only use the non-biological version of this deterrent though - EU rules
  • Options
    Gas?
  • Options
    Block paving
  • Options
    They like mashed potato, I saw on the BBC!
  • Options
    find one of the holes to the sett place a smoke machine in it and smoke the buggers out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

find one of the holes to the sett place a smoke machine in it and smoke the buggers out!

I had smoke blown up one of my holes once.

It didn't make me leave.

Mind you it was in northern Laos, so who knows?

• Options
    Funny thing yesterday....was in a pub after visiting B & Q.......and at the bar two blokes were having a row about who infected first....the badger or the cow.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Funny thing yesterday....was in a pub after visiting B & Q.......and at the bar two blokes were having a row about who infected first....the badger or the cow.

Funnily enough, I had a girlfriend (some years ago now I have to say) and we had a very similar conversation!