Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Question

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
just wondering what block was best to sit in for atmosphere in the north upper? Only ever sat up there once for the Palace league cup game a few years ago and can't remeber which block I was in.

I want to try and get a ticket up there for the Newcastle game!

Comments

• G block are a bit nasty, so avoid it. If you haven't got your regulation tea flask (500ml max) we get tetchy.
  • Toss up between H & J, more numbers in J standing though.
  • Get yourself in north lower , C block is the hardest block of all blocks
  • I dont think you can buy for the north upper on a match basis? I thought it was only the North West Quadrant you can purchase tickets for.
  • There a definately a number of seats that are sold on a match by match basis in C block Lower North so i'm not sure it's only the N/W quadrant. A fair number of these are single seats though
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I dont think you can buy for the north upper on a match basis? I thought it was only the North West Quadrant you can purchase tickets for.

I have purchased for the Upper North on a match day loads of times, you have to get them on the day they go on sale though. I was in the Lower North against Wham and I have to say, very uncomfortable!! I'm 6'3 and had to sit side ways...good job we had a spare sit next to us....
  • "I'm 6'3 and had to sit side ways...good job we had a spare sit next to us...."

That's why I like the North Upper - tons of leg room.

Worst ground for leg room - Palarse. Very very cramped.
  • [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I dont think you can buy for the north upper on a match basis? I thought it was only the North West Quadrant you can purchase tickets for.

I have purchased for the Upper North on a match day loads of times, you have to get them on the day they go on sale though. I was in the Lower North against Wham and I have to say, very uncomfortable!! I'm 6'3 and had to sit side ways...good job we had a spare sit next to us....

Large and VERY LOUD then..?
  • People who sit behind me in 'H' block seem to change from week to week, never have the same people there twice so I assume these must be general sale tickets.
  • Gotta be the J block.
  • Sponsored links:

• that must go quickly then as i never have any luck.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Get yourself in north lower , C block is the hardest block of all blocks

You're avin a bubble, surely?
  • L Block is the best - you get all the atmosphere, but fewer chavs! (Duck...)
  • [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Get yourself in north lower , C block is the hardest block of all blocks

Hey, I sit in C block and I'm well 'ard!!
  • Same here! We're the ones who regularly get hit by the attempts to hit the crossbar, so we have to be hard!
  • Which row are you in Stan?
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Get yourself in north lower , C block is the hardest block of all blocks

Hey, I sit in C block and I'm well 'ard!!

Lol,quality
  • Red Pete , Stanmore and me will have anyone on this board

C BLOCK
  • This 'I'm Harder than you' phenomenum has always fascinated me. What possible pleasure do people get from either giving out a hiding or receiving one? Although if you believed everyone you bumped into, none of them have ever lost a fight in their life, they must all fight the same bloke who is probably the bloke off the Mr Muscle adds on TV.

So come on then you Hard nuts what's so great about beating the granny out of someone else....?
  • North Upper H block, there is no 'arder block!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• block L, rows GG and HH. me and curb it sit there and we're hard.
  • I thought GG and HH were you and Curb its bra sizes
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]This 'I'm Harder than you' phenomenum has always fascinated me. What possible pleasure do people get from either giving out a hiding or receiving one? Although if you believed everyone you bumped into, none of them have ever lost a fight in their life, they must all fight the same bloke who is probably the bloke off the Mr Muscle adds on TV.

So come on then you Hard nuts what's so great about beating the granny out of someone else....?

Come on over to the G block you pacifist! We'll chuck lukewarm tea at you and tut when you leave early to beat the traffic.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I thought GG and HH were you and Curb its bra sizes

I'm not privvy to that information!
  • don't come to G block if you want to stand, had some charlton aggro from the fella behind me for standing against west ham
  • [cite]Posted By: The Boat[/cite]don't come to G block if you want to stand, had some charlton aggro from the fella behind me for standing against west ham

Damn right. The G block theme tune is:

"We come, we sit, we don't sing for shit. G Blockers, G Blockers."
  • [cite]Posted By: The Boat[/cite]don't come to G block if you want to stand, had some charlton aggro from the fella behind me for standing against west ham

i am in g block. when ambrose scored i stood, then promptly stacked it falling into the row in front landing on a kid.
    you're not that kid are you?
  • ScoSco
    edited February 2007
    I (now) know you and Mrs Bacon dood!
  • M BLOCK CERTAINLY WERE THE OLD SONGS ARE THE BEST SONGS.

GREAT RENDITION OF IT'S A GRAND OLD TEAM TO PLAY FOR ON SATURDAY.
  • just purchased two tickets for block J

come on you reeedddddsssssssss