Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Binged series 3 of The Young Offenders last night during a bout of insomnia. Very disappointed. Still some great character acting and some laugh out loud moments but it’s gone very cheesy and sentimental. 
  • Options
    Did anyone watch The Last Wave on BBC4 last night? It's a French series (subtitles) about a strange cloud and disappearing surfers. All a bit weird and people gained strange powers but I enjoyed it. Only six episodes and first two were on last night.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Did anyone watch The Last Wave on BBC4 last night? It's a French series (subtitles) about a strange cloud and disappearing surfers. All a bit weird and people gained strange powers but I enjoyed it. Only six episodes and first two were on last night.
    I watched the first episode but thought it was a bit Close encounters......without the aliens. Turned over & watched the film "The Post".

Beach looked lovely though 
  • Options
    If anyone hasnt seen Mayans MC you should 

It's a follow in to sons of anarchy and focuses on their opposite number and sometimes mortal enemy the Mayans 

A couple of familiar faces crop up but its definitely on it's own. Second series is better than the first 
  • Options
    Wasn’t too fussed about Mayans but watching kingdom - v good. Love Jay - fuckin nuts.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I wasn't keen on Mayans MC

Looking forward to The First Nine(the prequel to SOA) and after hearing what Kurt Sutter said recently that he also had plans for a follow on from SOA called Sam Crow(which would detail what happened to Wendy, Thomas and Abel as they grew up) 

Obviously both The First Nine and now Sam Crow will all depend on if Kurt Sutter overcomes the issues at Fox but hopefully both can be made.

Was talking to someone about what could possibly happen in Sam Crow the other day, I reckon they ended up moving back to Charming and Abel followed his dad's footsteps and has become president of SAMCRO but Thomas I reckon followed his mum's path and joined the medical profession.

Or maybe I just think to much about these things lol
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    I watched the first episode but thought it was a bit Close encounters......without the aliens. Turned over & watched the film "The Post".

Beach looked lovely though 
    I thought it was more like Misfits, the TV show, in that there was a weird storm and then they had super-powers! 

I agree, the beach was lovely. 
  • Options

Looking forward to The First Nine(the prequel to SOA) and after hearing what Kurt Sutter said recently that he also had plans for a follow on from SOA called Sam Crow(which would detail what happened to Wendy, Thomas and Abel as they grew up) 

Obviously both The First Nine and now Sam Crow will all depend on if Kurt Sutter overcomes the issues at Fox but hopefully both can be made.

Was talking to someone about what could possibly happen in Sam Crow the other day, I reckon they ended up moving back to Charming and Abel followed his dad's footsteps and has become president of SAMCRO but Thomas I reckon followed his mum's path and joined the medical profession.

I agree, didn't enjoy season 1 of Mayans MC. Haven't seen season 2 but might give it a whirl if it's picked up. 

I think you're right about Abel and Thomas. Was definitely the way I saw it. Would look forward to the prequel and the follow on, but think both are a long way off yet. 
  • Options

I agree, didn't enjoy season 1 of Mayans MC. Haven't seen season 2 but might give it a whirl if it's picked up. 

I think you're right about Abel and Thomas. Was definitely the way I saw it. Would look forward to the prequel and the follow on, but think both are a long way off yet. 
    I hope they don't go down that road. It would totally defeat the object of how impactful the ending of sons of anarchy was 

Mayans has a different dynamic but they spent a big chunk of season 1 building characters as opposed to a story, season 2 it really kicks on and it feels more like what I hoped it would

The actors must be booking hot all the time filming it, it's set in southern California and they are in leather cuts, beanie hats, heavy denim and boots like 

I'd be in pants and flip flops dripping with sweat 

• Options
    I watched the Laurel County Docs on Sky Documentaries. I thought they were pretty good if you are into your late 60's / early 70's west LA music scene type stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New series of Last Chance U out soon on Netflix on American college football. Last few series have been excellent and made me appreciate American football.
  • Options
    The Heist of the Century, an Argentinian true story is a very good film available now on Sky Cinema. 

In recent years I have been disappointed with the drama on sky one and sky witness but following the recommendation of @Carter, I watched Condor. It is really good and well acted. Series 2 is 3 episodes in.

Some will know I like French drama and fortunately there are some new one's on More 4/Walter Presents. Detective Cain, A Deadly Union and The Other Mother are all worth a watch. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    From last year and only one episode in but really enjoying 'what if super-heroes where real and just as screwed up as the rest of us' The Boys.
  • Options
    I'm not a big fan of the superhero format but I really enjoyed The Boys, probably because they turned it on its head. 
  • Options
    Just caught up with State of Happiness on BBC4. 

Norwegian political/family drama about the opening up of the oil industry in Stavenger. Mix of English and subtitles. The 1960's sets and costume were brilliant, as is the score and from start to finish it was really well acted and easy to engage with the characters.

The main female lead, Anne Regine Ellingsæter is a star in the making.

• Options
    From last year and only one episode in but really enjoying 'what if super-heroes where real and just as screwed up as the rest of us' The Boys.
    The Boys is great.

The new series of Umbrella Academy is on Netflix, which is equally as good.
  • Options
    Just watching the new series on Channel 5 ‘The Deceived’ Did anyone else just notice our badge on the wall of the pub?! Set in Ireland...
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Just watching the new series on Channel 5 ‘The Deceived’ Did anyone else just notice our badge on the wall of the pub?! Set in Ireland...
    Yes I did and you beat me to it!
    She walks into a pub in Donegal and it's slap bang in the centre of the wall.
    I spotted it before it was even in focus (sad).
    I reckon guinness addick put it there. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes I did and you beat me to it!
    She walks into a pub in Donegal and it's slap bang in the centre of the wall.
    I spotted it before it was even in focus (sad).
    I reckon guinness addick put it there. 
    Haven’t seen the programme, however this has happen to me, when I walked into a pub in a little village called Lettermacaward in Donegal. I’ll have a look to see if it’s the same pub.

Just checked it’s not the same pub.
  • Options
    I know I'm late to the party but I'm watching The Loudest Voice after a few recommendations on here. Fascinating story, well worth a binge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:
    Started watching it’s always sunny in Philadelphia. Hilarious, happy to work my way through 14 seasons.
    possibly the best comedy ever. how far have you got? season 1 is great but it doesn't really start until season 2
    Sorry just seen this. I’ve stalled slightly the last week, so still on series 2 but will definitely start watching again. 
    Does it get better beyond series 2? Done the first two and really struggling apart from the odd moment, each episode just seems to be them screaming at each other half the time. 
  • Options
    New series of Last Chance U out soon on Netflix on American college football. Last few series have been excellent and made me appreciate American football.
    Just finished watching this - a really good watch.
  • Options
    Not sure if i have missed it, but started Little Birds last night. Different but ok, not quite sure what to make of it just yet but ill stick with only done 2 episodes. 
  • Options
    Carter said:

I hope they don't go down that road. It would totally defeat the object of how impactful the ending of sons of anarchy was 

Mayans has a different dynamic but they spent a big chunk of season 1 building characters as opposed to a story, season 2 it really kicks on and it feels more like what I hoped it would

The actors must be booking hot all the time filming it, it's set in southern California and they are in leather cuts, beanie hats, heavy denim and boots like 

I'd be in pants and flip flops dripping with sweat 

I agree, I’d actually hope neither Abel or Thomas were in a prequel and they
    concentrated on the club rather then Jax’s family. Just think they wouldn’t do that and the sequel would see Abel ‘doing a Jax’. 

Thanks for advice on Mayans S2, might give it another shot. 
  • Options
    Just finished Season 1.  Urban's British accent is so bad I thought he was trying to be Australian in it but overall the show is excellent.
  • Options
    just seen the trailer for Project Power

Looks interesting 
  • Options
    Just finished season two and enjoyed it. Hope the new school in the  Next two seasons is as good. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Just finished season two and enjoyed it. Hope the new school in the  Next two seasons is as good. 
    Have watched all five series. Series 3 and 4 set at Independence College in Kansas is a great watch especially the coach Jason Brown.

Never really liked American football until I watched this. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Felt like shouting at the screen and saying come on guys, do your classes, this is your chance to change your lives. The lady who was their educational coordinator was a bloody saint. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Felt like shouting at the screen and saying come on guys, do your classes, this is your chance to change your lives. The lady who was their educational coordinator was a bloody saint. 
    A really gripping watch - so many of the students one step away from life going down the pan.