Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Wilma said:
    Big Brother Best Shows - watched this today, featuring the original series 1. It's amazing looking back at how much fuss was made of 'Nasty' Nick trying to influence the voting! It certainly explains how politics has ended up how it is now, 20 years on :-)
    Back then you could also watch live feed and remember getting texts/emails that it was kicking off but was a blocked site a work. 

Strange that Craig was considered a boring housemate until the confrontation with ‘Nasty’ Nick which ultimately led him to win. 

Funny to see them all sat around reading as they were allowed to take books in. Wonder why they changed that rule?! 

It was nice to see normal everyday looking people on a reality show instead of the identikit fake tanned wannabes you get now. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    My favourite Number 9 was set in an hotel, can’t remember exactly what happened but it was excellent.
    Is that the one which was in shakespearean rhyming couplets? That was a good one.

My favourite was 12 days of Christine, it was certainly the most hard hitting. Sheridan Smith was great in it

12 days of Christine.
    Watched this for the first time today.. brilliantly done.
    It was like the first time I saw the 6th sense!

• Options
    Anyone given "The Woods" a go? Recommend?
  • Options
    A bit slow tbh... Too much back tracking to make it worthwhile. Will stick with it though as I like the books. 
  • Options
    We gave up after a couple of episodes. 

Enjoy the books but this was awful.
  • Options
    Just started watching The First Team on iPlayer. Not sure if already mentioned. Pretty funny first episode, comedy about young footballers. Lots of scenes shot at the valley. 
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Wilma said:
    Big Brother Best Shows - watched this today, featuring the original series 1. It's amazing looking back at how much fuss was made of 'Nasty' Nick trying to influence the voting! It certainly explains how politics has ended up how it is now, 20 years on :-)
    Back then you could also watch live feed and remember getting texts/emails that it was kicking off but was a blocked site a work. 

Strange that Craig was considered a boring housemate until the confrontation with ‘Nasty’ Nick which ultimately led him to win. 

Funny to see them all sat around reading as they were allowed to take books in. Wonder why they changed that rule?! 

It was nice to see normal everyday looking people on a reality show instead of the identikit fake tanned wannabes you get now. 
    Anna the skateboarding lesbian nun should have won, she has a brilliant dry sense of humour if I remember rightly.  Though obviously what Craig did with the winnings was lovely.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Wilma said:

Anna the skateboarding lesbian nun should have won, she has a brilliant dry sense of humour if I remember rightly.  Though obviously what Craig did with the winnings was lovely.

• Options
    Anyone watched Hunters, the Al Pacino Amazon series yet?

Looks ideal, but something is stopping me diving in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Likewise. Whenever I have seen Pacino interviews recently he doesn’t seem all there and that is putting me off for some reason. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

It’s ok. It’s a bit of a mess in places and struggles to stick to one formula. There are some moments in it that are stand out good. There is also a lot wrong with it including one moment where I almost gave up on it but stuck with it to the end and felt there was just enough to get me interested in a second series. Also at an hour each episode it felt too long. 
  • Options
    We gave up after a couple of episodes. 

Enjoy the books but this was awful.
    The ending was meh! I wouldnt bother personally. 
  • Options
    Four episodes in on the third season of The Sinner on Netflix. Bill Pullman has been excellent as Detective Harry Ambrose. Well worth a watch.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Likewise. Whenever I have seen Pacino interviews recently he doesn’t seem all there and that is putting me off for some reason. 
    He's been suffering from low key dementia for years. Nobody acknowledges it, but it's plain to see 
  • Options
    "I know this much is true" 

mini series based on Wally Lambs book. Sky Atlantic. 

difficult viewing. depressing but absorbing. Mark Ruffalo is becoming one of my favourite actors. 
  • Options
    Dark series 3 binge watch tomorrow 😁
  • Options
    Just watched the first episode and I’m completely lost but it’s fucking great!
  • Options
    "I know this much is true" 

mini series based on Wally Lambs book. Sky Atlantic. 

difficult viewing. depressing but absorbing. Mark Ruffalo is becoming one of my favourite actors. 
    The acting throughout was wonderful and Ruffalo is one of the best of his generation.
  • Options
    Same. Need a reminder of who everyone is!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.tvguide.com/news/dark-season-2-explained-netflix/?fbclid=IwAR3TA3PlkUegb1aZiWRZ-TcM1gqQkAiHiNYb-ip7TqoSgBjpZPrk0P91huI
  • Options
    Dark is the TV version of our Adams family song
  • Options
    I've been watching the remakes of Talking Heads by Alan Bennett. Just my opinion of course but I think they are brilliant.
  • Options
    I've rewatched the last two series over the past week, so am not as baffled as I would have been trying to remember everything. Just done the first three episodes - all I can say is 'wow'. If they manage to close it all up properly in the last five episodes I seriously think it'll be the best TV I think I've ever watched. Even better than Breaking Bad. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I've rewatched the last two series over the past week, so am not as baffled as I would have been trying to remember everything. Just done the first three episodes - all I can say is 'wow'. If they manage to close it all up properly in the last five episodes I seriously think it'll be the best TV I think I've ever watched. Even better than Breaking Bad. 
    I’ve just finished episode 7, an episode I can only describe as a masterpiece. It’s the most complex series of television I’ve ever watched but how they managed to tie up the ‘original’ world storyline in just over an hour and take it full circle is insane.

Im gutted there’s only one episode left.
  • Options
    Finally finished the Dynasty series, really good. Wont be everyones cup of tea, but i enjoyed it! The last episode was cool with a bit of a hangover vibe too it :) 

2 episodes in , just started the order on netflix. Looks promising! 
  • Options
    I’ve just finished episode 7, an episode I can only describe as a masterpiece. It’s the most complex series of television I’ve ever watched but how they managed to tie up the ‘original’ world storyline in just over an hour and take it full circle is insane.

Im gutted there’s only one episode left.
    Fuck me, the end of episode 3 was mind blowing 😳

I left it there as I want to watch it with the gf and she's moving house tomorrow so won't be able to watch the rest until next weekend. It really is brilliant. 
  • Options
    Sadly I couldn't get into Dark. I tried but have never been into sci fi at all so perhaps not for me. 
  • Options
    What did people think of the Salisbury Poisonings on BBC1 last night? Despite some over-acting I found it gripping. 

I have only one other comment to make at this stage: Putin, go **** yourself. 
    Binge watched it last night. Astonishing!
    The audacity of Putin's Russia - there are many ways he could have despatched Sergei Skripal, using a nerve agent was as ostentatious a statement of "I can do what I like" as it gets.
    In fact, once Dawn Sturgess died it was tantamount to a declaration of war.
    Unfortunately it was Russia and not Argentina and our impotence was exposed.
  • Options
    Home Game on netflix, decent series about traditional sporting events. Some strange ones out there.