Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Glad I stuck with Masters of the Air. Gets really good from the 3rd episode onwards 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Glad I stuck with Masters of the Air. Gets really good from the 3rd episode onwards 
    Have you finished all the episodes? I think overall it's decent and I'm grateful for Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg's continuous efforts in making these WWII series over the past two decades. Although Masters of the Air is not as great as The Pacific or Band of Brothers but I do think these are stories that need to be told. The WWII veterans are almost all gone now so these projects are a necessary education for every generation onwards, all across the world. Watching the series has renewed my interest in this particular subject and I've been reading the books that The Pacific is based upon which has given me a more in-depth insight into what the soldiers and marines went through both physically and mentally.

Apple has also released a documentary to accompany Masters of the Air which is worth watching, too.
  • Options
    KIN hitting bingeworthy status. Watched 3 in one sitting last night and could have easily gone on, it's that good.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Croydon said:
    Have you finished all the episodes? I think overall it's decent and I'm grateful for Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg's continuous efforts in making these WWII series over the past two decades. Although Masters of the Air is not as great as The Pacific or Band of Brothers but I do think these are stories that need to be told. The WWII veterans are almost all gone now so these projects are a necessary education for every generation onwards, all across the world. Watching the series has renewed my interest in this particular subject and I've been reading the books that The Pacific is based upon which has given me a more in-depth insight into what the soldiers and marines went through both physically and mentally.

Apple has also released a documentary to accompany Masters of the Air which is worth watching, too.
    Yeah finished yesterday! I agree it's not a patch on Band of Brothers, but not much is as good as that. Will give the documentary a go.

I was reading up on the POW camps yesterday and the tactics that the Allied prisoners had to catch German infiltrators. Shows like MOTA do a great job in highlighting events of the war that I was previously unaware of.
  • Options
    For those of you whom have read and enjoyed A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles, the eight episode adaptation starring Ewan McGregor will be streaming on Paramount Plus from this (Good) Friday.
  • Options
    Shogun is the best thing on tv for a very long time 

I think I’m also in love with Mariko.

What channel? @ValleyGary

I remember very fondly the 1980s 'Shogun' with Richard Chamberlain so would be worth looking at this version.
  • Options
    KIN hitting bingeworthy status. Watched 3 in one sitting last night and could have easily gone on, it's that good.

Yes, sensational drama. Can't wait for Series 3 which I think is out in May/June - and they've already filmed Series 4.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

What channel? @ValleyGary

I remember very fondly the 1980s 'Shogun' with Richard Chamberlain so would be worth looking at this version.
    Disney +, weekly episodes. Not seen the 80s version but this one is excellent on its own merits. 
  • Options
    edited March 28
    Found out there is a new series of Extraordinary on Disney+ last night. Watched the first 4 and its as good as the first series.

For those who don't know it, its a comedy set in the current day, the only difference is every one gets a super power when they reach 18. 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Dates back to 2010-2014 but off the back of watching Kin, am now onto series 5 of Love/Hate, another Irish gangster offering. Brilliant.
    I watched Kin then Love/Hate thought both were brilliant but preferred LH. Strange that Aiden Gillen did Kin playing similar roll.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m 5 episodes into 3 body problem. I like it, but not blown away by it. It’s got some typical Benioff and Weiss wow scenes but it’s also a bit cheesy at times. 
  • Options
    edited March 28
    bobmunro said:

Yes, sensational drama. Can't wait for Series 3 which I think is out in May/June - and they've already filmed Series 4.
    Where you hearing that mate?
    This is the last I read a few weeks ago.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/rte-kin-returning-season-three-32181901
  • Options
    Just finished Sexy Beast. I liked it. Took a few episodes to get in to it as you need to disconnect from the movie. Tasmin Greig and Stephen Moyer are both excellent. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Where you hearing that mate?
    This is the last I read a few weeks ago.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/rte-kin-returning-season-three-32181901

My missus told me! I'll have a word!
  • Options
    Been enjoying the perfect pub walks with Bill Bailey. Just the Shaun Ryder one to watch. 

It's thoughtful in letting the guests talk about their past and current mindset. Some of the countryside footage is incredible, great reminder of how naturally beautiful parts of England are. 
  • Options
    Been enjoying the perfect pub walks with Bill Bailey. Just the Shaun Ryder one to watch. 

It's thoughtful in letting the guests talk about their past and current mindset. Some of the countryside footage is incredible, great reminder of how naturally beautiful parts of England are. 
    Shaun Ryder is excellent in his episode … as is Bill Bailey
  • Options

What channel is this on pretty please 🙏🏻 
  • Options

What channel is this on pretty please 🙏🏻 
    More4
  • Options
    Enjoyed The Dropout on Iplayer - the story of Theranos is pretty unbelievable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The new series of RATW starts on 10th April. This is not a celebratory version.
  • Options
    I finished the series of Sexy Beast over the weekend and I have to say I thought it was brilliant, top tier television. The main 2 actors were perfect for Don and Gal and vampire Bill is awesome, like scene stealing awesome and more than a bit hammy at times as Teddy Bass who was played by Ian McShane in the film 

Also rewatching Saxondale, Steve Coogan shits on this a bit but I remember finding it funny first time round and Tommy reminds me of my father in law as well. Its still very funny and Coogan-y
  • Options

She's also in Pachinko if you need a fix after Shogun mate
  • Options
    Watched a few episodes of The Gentlemen overnight. Very good once you get into it. 
    I'm ready to give up after the 4th. Really don't rate it 
  • Options
    Blue Lights on iPlayer. Whilst there's no shortage of police dramas about, this one set in northern Ireland is one of the better ones based on first couple of episodes 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Blue Lights on iPlayer. Whilst there's no shortage of police dramas about, this one set in northern Ireland is one of the better ones based on first couple of episodes 
    Gets better as the series goes on, too.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    New series coming soon too
  • Options
    Yeah Blue Lights was one of our favourite new series when it came out last year (or end of 2022 maybe) and has a great mix of light hearted scenes mixed in with some powerful scenes.  
  • Options
    We enjoyed the first season of Kin, only a couple episodes into Season 2 and it is already shaping up really well. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed Nell the Renegade on Disney... Good family fun if that's what you're after.
    If you want something a tiny bit darker then The Red Queen on Amazon, not bad and a great book.