Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Alan Partridge

Comments

• Options
    Thought last weeks was better.
    the bit that made me chuckle was when he sat in the audience and gave a woman his mic to hold on to saying ‘don’t speak into that’ followed by the woman giving a really loud ‘ok’.
  • Options
    Only funy line for me was #johngone
  • Options
    The Partridge Rankings of his main shows for me so far go:

1. I'm Alan Partridge Series 1
    2. Mid-Morning Matters Series 1
    3. I'm Alan Partridge Series 2
    4. Mid-Morning Matters Series 2
    5. Scissored Isles
    6. This Time (Provisional as only 2 eps in)
    7. Alpha Papa
    8. Knowing me knowing you

I'd agree with that order.
  • Options
    I don’t understand all the negativity. Just seems like more of the same brilliant TV to me, only with a new format. One especially in keeping with Mid-Morning Matters. I think it’s brialliant how Coogan evolves AP’s career. 
  • Options
    Watched the first 2 episodes.  Funny in part.  Just thought he was trying a bit too hard to be embarrassing.  All seemed all a bit over-the-top but maybe that's it's appeal.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed last night's after a settling in period for the first episode. It's a lot more KMKY than we've seen for a while, but retaining the character's progression. Loved the way he was desperate to join in the grieving ("I knew him too"), yet more than happy to ruin the dead man's legacy whilst angling for the new role. Guess it's a bit of a throw back to the self-obsessed host we first saw pretending to take an interest in the guests he chatted to!
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

5. Scissored Isles
    7. Alpha Papa

Wow! How can you have KMKYWAP and Alpha Papa so low? They'd be 2nd and 3rd for me. 
  • Options
    I thought Alpha Papa was shockingly unfunny.
  • Options
    For really decent laughs (there are absolutely none in WARREN and precious few in THIS TIME) switch channels at 10 and watch CUNK ON BRITAIN.
  • Options
    I saw it twice in two days! Brilliant and hilarious. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:
    hawksmoor said:

5. Scissored Isles
    7. Alpha Papa

Wow! How can you have KMKYWAP and Alpha Papa so low? They'd be 2nd and 3rd for me. 
    I really love KMKY i just think he perfected the character after this point, likewise i really enjoyed Alpha Papa, but its too OTT to be true Partridge in my eyes
  • Options
    I thought it was disappointing. Don't remember laughing a hell of a lot.
  • Options
    loved alpha papa
  • Options
    Not sure if brilliant or “ emperors new clothes”
    what I am sure off is Alan Partride is 100% based on Richard Madeley
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    For really decent laughs (there are absolutely none in WARREN and precious few in THIS TIME) switch channels at 10 and watch CUNK ON BRITAIN.
    I find it inbeliveably try hard and unfunny
  • Options
    Found AP at his best on the radio and on The Day Today. 

Knowing me Knowing You had some brilliant moments - loved his take on fashion with his 'sports casual' look.

AP also coined the phrase 'gayman' in his superb sketch from 'Live from the lighthouse' - never tire of watching this. Very crass and very funny.
  • Options
    Thought last night’s second episode was poor compared to the brilliance of earlier Partridge offerings. I hoped it might pick after the first episode which for me had one belly laugh whereas last night’swas just dull and predictable.  Warren episode two was much better than episode one. It was merely bad rather than abject. 
  • Options
    just watched 3rd episode. best one yet. the Scottish interview was brilliant. also loved Alan's VT on corporal punishment in schools. the young Partridge and the demonstration of how to hit a kid with a slipper were real highlights.
  • Options
    just watched 3rd episode. best one yet. the Scottish interview was brilliant. also loved Alan's VT on corporal punishment in schools. the young Partridge and the demonstration of how to hit a kid with a slipper were real highlights.
    That school video with the slipper and his face on the kid had me roaring with laughter
  • Options
    I think it’s brilliant. The format is perfect. Really helps that his co-host does such a good job. Coincidentally I’ve recently done some work in the studio of a similar show - it’s so funny to see how close it is to reality between live shots. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I gave up after half an episode, but will definitely go back to it after reading this thread. 
    Currently really enjoying series 2 of The Trip (with Rob Brydon). Nice gentle series, with a bit of an edge. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I gave up after half an episode, but will definitely go back to it after reading this thread. 
    Currently really enjoying series 2 of The Trip (with Rob Brydon). Nice gentle series, with a bit of an edge. 
    The trip is brilliant, for such a simple idea it works so well 
  • Options
    Sorry to buck the trend. I’m a huge AP fan but I’m not getting on with this series at all. I’ve enjoyed each episode less than the one before and pretty much gave up after 20 minutes of number 3.  Must be me. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    JamesSeed said:
    The trip is brilliant, for such a simple idea it works so well 
    I love it when they are trying to out act/impersonate each other.
  • Options
    I think a large part of AP's success and best moments were down largely to Armando Iannucci.

A man sadly missing from the recent stuff.

• Options
    Always going to be difficult to reach the masterly heights of the Travel Tavern era.
  • Options
    Sorry to buck the trend. I’m a huge AP fan but I’m not getting on with this series at all. I’ve enjoyed each episode less than the one before and pretty much gave up after 20 minutes of number 3.  Must be me. 
    Did exactly the same on Monday night, am a huge AP fan, all the shows, books, podcasts etc 
  • Options
    Enjoying the current series - has improved since the first episode. 
  • Options
    I have been struggling to find the right words to describe my opinion of this series.
    I can only say that the subtlety is lacking, it’s all a bit pushy as if every line has to be funny......the character just isn’t making me squirm with comical embarrassment at present.