Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

so henry, are the club going to sort out an operation city

to keep the momentum going ?...there's going to be extra money in the kitty from the tv money and less fans because its going to be 17.15pm on good friday...a win at watford next saturday and i think they should get their fingers out and build on the feelgood factor and try and encourage as many as possible to go...

Comments

• Options
    and have loads of people sitting down not bothering to sing?

no thanks
  • Options
    If we don't sell all the tickets yes, but gives fans who really want to go the chance to buy first (i.e. S/t holders after VG et al have had their fill...).
  • Options
    So much for me knocking away games on the head. I will have to go to this if we're in with a chance.

Overnighter in Manchester I reckon and then try to find the club I went to last season.
  • Options
    Have a mate who lives in Manchester so a few of us are going up for the weekend. Shall be pretty peeved if they do a free travel thing as it means we won't all get tickets. They'd be better off doing it for Blackburn or even everton again
  • Options
    Assuming tickets are gonna be available to us lowly ST holders, I intend on going to every away game from now till the end of the season!!

I always enjoyed city away before, not been to the new ground yet though!
  • Options
    Chris - same situation for me.
    Southend - looking for a club - SOUTH in the city centre plays 80's onwards manchester music - good fun...
    Stu - new ground lacks atmosphere. Even when we got spanked there last time, no noise...
  • Options
    Looking at the BBC prediction thingy, that City game could be massive - they have some tough fixtures left and are not in good form - could easily drag them into it. It's probably even a 'no lose' rather than 'must win' game if we get the results in the matches between now and then.
  • Options
    You'll get one easy, even if they do free transport.

5.15ko will put a load off.

Support up there will be 50% anoraks, 50% people on the lash.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]
    Stu - new ground lacks atmosphere. Even when we got spanked there last time, no noise...

Sadly this is the case with almost every 'new' ground I've been to.
  • Options
    Orpington -2 clubs I like.

Sankey Soap for banging tunes (although im getting a bit old for all that now)

The other one is proper Manc Indie stuff, cant remember the name, Suzi and Buckshee will know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry just re-read your post, SOUTH is the club I meant.
  • Options
    pre club drinks in the fab cafe!
  • Options
    No, not City now it has been moved but considering doing something along those lines. No promises, mind.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No, not City now it has been moved but considering doing something along those lines. No promises, mind.

well lets make it one where there's a likelihood of getting an extra allocation...blackburn for instance where they've been struggling to sell tickets all season...though everton would be a good one as well because the fans that go might be tempted to make the trip back for the liverpool one a month later...still think man city would be the one to go for because a] it keeps the momentum going; b] a good turnout and result would encourage a better than expected turnout for the next away game; c] its live on tv so that will reduce the crowd and away support but a good charlton turnout could pay all sorts of dividends not least of which could be the boost to the players on the night; d] as its a 17.15 kick off fans have got a bit longer to get to the match; e] charlton using the tv money to pay for its fans to go sits nicely with the current press led bid to get clubs to give something back next season when the tv money increases...
  • Options
    Needs a better name then Operation City, How about the 'Mad for it express'
  • Options
    Not City I said.
  • Options
    Should be for every game on the run in, a bit like West Brom did.
  • Options
    "I am the Resurrection tour" with a big picture of Pards on the side of the coach ?

It is Manchester after all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not City I said.

Spoilsport!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not City I said.

The headmaster has spoken , pipe down kids
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not City I said.[/quote]

The headmaster has spoken , pipe down kids[/quote]

Enough of your lip Sonny, write out 100 times "I must respect my elders and betters" ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not City I said.[/quote]

Spoilsport![/quote]

It was raised at the last board meeting but no decision has been made yet. just wait and see.
  • Options
    You could do Everton, and pay for people to go to the National the day before?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]You could do Everton, and pay for people to go to the National the day before?

Only if you promise to lay a wreath at the tomb of the unknown chicken.
  • Options
    hehe, I will, Poor Clucky, we knew him well
  • Options
    Having just independently done the BBC predictor league putting us 17th and City 18th, I agree with most other people that MAN CITY are the team we are most likely to need beat - at the moment this game smells like the biggest of the big.
  • Options
    Easter Friday, no need to get up Saturday, kids on hols, plenty of tickets available, must win game against a close rival. Seems more sensible than Blackburn or Everton. Get it on !! (going anyway but we need a crowd).
  • Options
    But Henry he say no - is he going to tell us why??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]But Henry he say no - is he going to tell us why??

The feeling was that City wasn't a good game due the change of kick-off time but as Large says it is a holiday weekend. This would mean people being more willing to travel at that time but could also mean more people being away or having other plans.

But you make a good case and I'll take it back and see. As I said no promises that there will be any free travel anyway so don't get on to me yet ;-)
  • Options
    Blackburn would be most likely for this as we could have up to 8000 tickets if we wanted.

Then again we only had 1200 there when we won the league :)