Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Sweden | Friday 15th June | 19.45pm kick-off

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Good performance with grit and determination. Personally thought Johnson was average/poor, played mellberg onside for the first, and just wasn't particularly good. Welbeck was good, for him. Class finish but that's about all he can do I think, just doesn't hurt defences. Would rather see Rooney and Carroll but don't think that will happen. Gerrard and Parker seem a good partnership. Milner is truly cack in a wide position. Not fast enough, although at least tries puts in a shift. I expect Walcott to start. Although, he is much better as an impact sub.

Solid win. Was pleased. Its nice to know that everyone deosn't think we're only 4 games away from winning a major championship.
  • Options
    positives-Carroll, Walcott & some English resilience at last.

negatives-the "wingers". Young was awful and indisciplined, Milner was just shite. Same old bloody problem with right/wrong balance in the side, surely we should have taken Adam Johnson.

so pleased we won but not gonna read too much into it as Sweden are not a good team.

Ukraine will be tough but I fancy us.
  • Options
    I'd say Wellbeck is the most technically gifted player in the team behind Rooney. People might say he doesn't hurt defenders but he has quick feet, is a superb finisher, very composed and confident and seems to find a lot of space in the box. Ferguson seems to know what he's doing and he's showing him a lot of faith. He's only going to get better. It's still a tough choice between him and Carroll to start against Ukraine. I wouldn't like to call it.
  • Options
    YES WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy even though we were so shit for 20 minutes. Welbeck's finish was sublime and to show that improvisation in such a small amount of time was amazing. Walcott actually did something and saved us. On the whole we were average and the game should've ended in a draw but atleast we have shown that we can score goals and if we do that we should batter Ukraine.

Also why was Ibrahimovic screaming in Hart's face after Sweden took the lead? Totally uncalled for.
  • Options
    Expect Ukraine to be the hardest game out of all three. Anticiapte that we might go 1-0 down, or even 2 down early on.

I only think this because Ukraine HAVE to win, they having nothing to loose and they are the home nation.

I dont think we will loose the game but our attitude towards the match needs to be right to see us qualify.

I also remember England vs Croatia in 07 Where all we needed was a draw and we lost 4-2 at wembley.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the game and basically think we're doing all right.
    A draw and a win so far can't really complain too much about that.
    If we can get what we need out of the Ukraine game which is going to be a tough match then who knows, we might even cause a surprise here or there, we'll be confident underdogs with nothing to lose, a well organised team can be hard to beat.
    But first we have to get past Ukraine before all that. I'm just enjoying the ride of watching England for the first time in a number of years, partly because Parker is in there, and he was one of ours, even though he left when he did, and partly because we're not saying we're better than everyone else this time.
    I think it's also been a pretty good tournament so far.

• Options
    Whatever the experts say, it was the most entertaining game of the tournament so far.
  • Options
    Watched the game on Al Jazeera Sports last night and it was a thoroughly enjoyable game. Jim Rosenthal chaired a panel comprising of Terry Venables, Glenn Hoddle & Ray Wilkins. They were all very knowledgeable & the show was excellent. Despite ValleyGary's assertations, they all rated Glenn Johnson as excellent! LOL.
    The panel for tonight's Poland v Czech game is Curbs, Ian Dowie & Ian Wright. Plenty of opportunity for Charlton related chat behind the scenes!

• Options
    Also why was Ibrahimovic screaming in Hart's face after Sweden took the lead? Totally uncalled for.
    Looks like Hart is trying to push the celebrating scrum out of his way then Zlatan gets all arsey.

• Options
    agree with one fo the most entertaining games, thats what England gives esp to the neutral. DRAMA!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never been that bothered how England do. It's normally a bunch of prima donnas who couldn't really give a toss and over the last fifteen years or so I've become totally disillusioned with the lot of them.

However my faith has so far being restored. They may not be the most talented bunch and they won't win it BUT they are doing their very best, are obviously in it together and are showing they do care. They also have a Manager who knows what it is all about, doesn't panic, is tactically astute. In the long term I can see Hodgson bringing some success.

Hooray!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    great vid of the 3rd goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo4BnWK4YiA
    Is that the England band i hear? :P
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZU9QZCmjU&feature=related
    Never seen a more pathetic looking group of "security" ever, look like teenagers.
  • Options
    Cor that's embarrassing
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2012
    English fans deserved a smack in that. Why walk straight into the ' Swedish Corner' singing like that? Would've probably been welcomed otherwise. Weirdos.
  • Options
    great vid of the 3rd goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo4BnWK4YiA
    Is that the England band i hear? :P
    Seems the band really ruined the atmosphere #Miserables

• Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cushioned it in, obviously.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZU9QZCmjU&feature=related
    Makes you so proud to be English! We haven even qualified yet. Knobbers
  • Options
    What a bunch of tossers, that fan park looks horrible, groups of knobheads standing around taunting the opposition, makes me glad I'm not there.
  • Options
    Fan park was actually quality great cheap beer and cider cheerleaders music chatted to a lot of locals lots of photos brilliant up the main bit by the stage and big screens. Some good banter and singing too didn't see a single punch thrown or bit of aggro in there.
  • Options
    Looks like a few idiots on both sides with the majority calming people down.
  • Options
    Wellbeck reminds me of euell :awkward ,hardworking , limited ability but occasionally pops up with an important goal.Also why are the Germans always so bloody German ?