Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lambert walks out on Norwich

13»

Comments

• Options
    Maybe Holt can spend some of his cash on English lessons:

"I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first. #lovedmytime"
    Oh Dear!!! I don't do twitter but I would imagine he will get some stick for this. Shocking grammar!!!
  • Options
    what good would Narrch do by not accepting his relegation, ...
    It improves the situation regarding compensation.

• Options
    Even with no money for transfers, you would expect Villa to be in the Prem long after Norwich have been relegated.
    Maybe, but to what purpose? Lerner has had his fingers badly burned there (he has lost somewhere between 50-100 million already) and has seemingly decided on a youth-based policy rather than buying new talent.

Is Lambert really better off there in that scenario than he would be at Norwich? I think Lambert should have stayed put and waited for another club, I don't see Villa as a great bet right now.
    He will want to be in the Prem to further enhance his reputation to get his next move. However, I do agree with you that it is all about money, but not just for now, bit for the long term too.
  • Options
    In fairness all though I never like to see such obvious moves to leave clubs for money, I would do exactly the same. (Except if it was Charlton)

Holt has done a great job at Norwich, and with player power now, he can start the ball rolling on getting out and earning a huge pay rise. After all Ched Evans earns more than him. (Somehow)
  • Options
    I can understand where Holt is coming from:

He was a late starter in League football, plied his trade in the lower leagues for peanuts, before his 'big break' at Third Division Norwich. He's been hugely influential in their rise and stay in the Prem.

Now at 31, he's seeing this as one last chance to earn himself a mega payday with a bigger club, before age catches up with him.

Hand on heart - in his shoes, I'm sure there isn't anyone on here who wouldn't think of doing the same.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Lambert ...... seems to have some similarities with Martin O'Neil the way he manages, and conducts himself.
  • Options

< rel="WSS">Maybe Holt can spend some of his cash on English lessons:

"I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first. #lovedmytime"

Thank God he can play football...
  • Options
    When he was on that Sunday morning prog with CP I stuggled to understand a lot of what he was saying but he must have something about him. Would guess he learnt a lot in Germany. Strangely I see Lambert as a better fit for Liverpool and Rodgers for Villa but we will see.
  • Options
    Signed a 3 year contract with Villa.
  • Options
    I put a couple of bob on Curbs for Norwich at 16's - waste of money ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely, Curbs won't manage again.
  • Options
    Only if they appoint someone else....
  • Options

Grant Holt eat's shoots and leaves
  • Options

Grant Holt eat's shoots and leaves
    I think it's Eats, Shoots and Leaves.