Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lambert walks out on Norwich

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    The bloke has no loyalty at all, but if he's getting more wedge dont blame him!
    It has been well documented that there is no loyalty in football BUT seriously, how many of us would turn down a job doing exactly the same thing as we are doing now but for a lot more money??? I would say 99.9% of us would take it!!
    I agree with the concept of being paid double or whatever for effectively doing the same job , but this is Liverpool , the fans are not very forgiving/welcoming the pressure is enormous , particularly as they have fallen so far , he needs to get off to a good start.

• Options
    Apparently Norwich have not accepted his resignation. Are they going to hold him to his contract, which will be unusual in this day and age? Hope they do as contracts are becoming worthless.
  • Options
    It is purely a negotiation tactic, by rejecting his resignation they hope (and will almost certainly get) a higher compensation figure.
  • Options
    If he wants to go , Norwich are better off letting him walk , he'll only throw a paddy and have a strop if he hasn't already , if he were to stay with Norwich and had a rubbish set of results leading up to Christmas , he might get the boot.
  • Options
    TBH I think Norwich have peaked anyway, they will be down there next season.

Think Villa and Lambert would be a good pairing.
  • Options
    Once he has handed in his resignation it's over, Norwich know that. He will not be their manager next season.

Not accepting it means they will receive compensation from Aston Villa, which they are due.
  • Options
    I never understood why he needs permission to speak to another would be employer.
    Surely that is restraint of trade?

I certainly would not ask my current employees for permission to speak to another company.
  • Options
    Once he has handed in his resignation it's over, Norwich know that. He will not be their manager next season.

Not accepting it means they will receive compensation from Aston Villa, which they are due.
    That good old faithful " gardening leave" has just been mentioned on Five Live.

• Options
    The difference is footballers and managers aren't really employed, they are contractors, and the contract will have strict terms. In exchange for him being paid more a year than most of use will earn in our lives, he in turn won't go touting him self to competitors without first running that by the club.

If managers were just like other employees then you'd see a huge number of unfair dismissal cases!
  • Options
    He will probably go to Villa but I can't see the attraction as they seem to be struggling financially. If anything I'd say Norwich were on more of an upward curve.
    Villa a bigger club with more money to spend on transfers, don't see how he can take Norwich any further especially with a 12 mill transfer budget (talksport).
    Can't see him getting a similar budget at Villa. The owners might have deep pockets but recently they have been far more of a selling than buying club.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Powell gets us up to the Premiership, does a season with us and keeps us up then goes to a bigger club the next season I'd not begrudge him one bit. Would just be grateful for him rescuing us from 3rd division obscurity and raising us back to the top flight of the English game.

Norwich would have sacked Lambert without a second thought should his team still be languishing in the 3rd flight.

The money he has earnt them by promotion to the premiership and keeping them there should more than cover anything they would have received in compo.

Norwich fans/ board should relax and eat another carrot.
  • Options
    doing the lambert walk...oi....
  • Options
    If Powell gets us up to the Premiership, does a season with us and keeps us up then goes to a bigger club the next season I'd not begrudge him one bit. Would just be grateful for him rescuing us from 3rd division obscurity and raising us back to the top flight of the English game.

Norwich would have sacked Lambert without a second thought should his team still be languishing in the 3rd flight.

The money he has earnt them by promotion to the premiership and keeping them there should more than cover anything they would have received in compo.

Norwich fans/ board should relax and eat another carrot.
    Pretty much my take on this. He's an ambitous manager who has taken Norwich as realistically high as they can go so now he wants to step upwards to a bigger club and I for one can't really blame him.....................
  • Options
    doing the lambert walk...oi....
    LOL...........
  • Options
    This is football, it happens all the time, best thing is for Norwich and Swansea to cop their compensation, get the best manager they can in - cue Avram Grant - and prepare as best they can for next season.

If Lambert goes to Villa he will be making a huge mistake, Lerner has pulled right back on the purse strings and they are now a mid-table side at best, unless he sells up to a wealthier buyer.
  • Options
    Id like to see what he does at Villa as Norwich worshipped him and let him go for it. The fans should remain that way as well.
    Two promotions in two seasons then a decent finish in the Prem...says it all.
  • Options
    Even with no money for transfers, you would expect Villa to be in the Prem long after Norwich have been relegated.
  • Options
    Is Villa still a great job? Hard to see them in the top 7 anytime soon.
  • Options
    Even with no money for transfers, you would expect Villa to be in the Prem long after Norwich have been relegated.
    Maybe, but to what purpose? Lerner has had his fingers badly burned there (he has lost somewhere between 50-100 million already) and has seemingly decided on a youth-based policy rather than buying new talent.

Is Lambert really better off there in that scenario than he would be at Norwich? I think Lambert should have stayed put and waited for another club, I don't see Villa as a great bet right now.
  • Options
    Lambert is the modern day Steve Bruce.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harsh at this stage, Len!
  • Options
    Don't recall Steve Bruce managing back to back promotions
  • Options
    Has just been mentioned on SSN that if Lambert does get the Villa job there may be a clause in his deal that stops him pinching Norwich players for a period of time.
    I wouldn't go as far to say Norwich are a sinking ship but when your best player & manager want out something must be up.
  • Options
    except the big difference being Lambert is a decent manager and imo will go to the top
    future Man Utd boss i reckon
  • Options
    Has just been mentioned on SSN that if Lambert does get the Villa job there may be a clause in his deal that stops him pinching Norwich players for a period of time.
    I wouldn't go as far to say Norwich are a sinking ship but when your best player & manager want out something must be up.
    The only thing really up, especially in Holt's case, is that he wants a lot more money.

Fact is, if Kermorgant got an offer from the Premiership for £30,000 per week - probably 10 times his current deal - he would be off like a shot too.

That is what football is like from 99% of players' perspectives.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Don't recall Steve Bruce managing back to back promotions
    He did briefly before handing over the reins to Tim...

backtobackpromotions.com/
  • Options
    edited June 2012

It's just about the money.

Ched Evans was earning 5k more a week in League 1 than Grant Holt was earning in the Premier League.

• Options
    Maybe Holt can spend some of his cash on English lessons:

"I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first. #lovedmytime"
  • Options
    what good would Narrch do by not accepting his relegation, if hes still there at the beginning of the new season under duress, I can imagine his first team selection...

Goalkeeper - Delia Smith,
    Center back - Stephen Fry, I kinda run out of ideas here but you get my drift!
  • Options
    Maybe Holt can spend some of his cash on English lessons:

"I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first. #lovedmytime"
    Hahahaha! Is that really as it was typed?