Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is currently the most loved man in English football ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Joe Hart must be up there, rarely hear a bad word against him although give it a few weeks it could all change
    I wouldn't say he was loved though, more like everyone recognises he is a quality keeper and admires him for it. And he hasn't done anything Terry-esque yet to be hated.

If, say, he saved the key penalty in a shoot-out (God forbid we might actually win one) then he may move into the realms of being loved.

For the moment, it's got to be Beckham.
  • Options
    Joe Hart must be up there, rarely hear a bad word against him although give it a few weeks it could all change
    I wouldn't say he was loved though, more like everyone recognises he is a quality keeper and admires him for it. And he hasn't done anything Terry-esque yet to be hated.

If, say, he saved the key penalty in a shoot-out (God forbid we might actually win one) then he may move into the realms of being loved.

For the moment, it's got to be Beckham.
    I agree but I think it highlights there are very few likeable footballers about
  • Options
    Dont think Hurst is most loved.
    Heard quite a few reports of him being difficult.

refused to do the 1966 40th anniversary shindigs unless he got 3 times as much as the other members of the squad got. Knew he had the organisers over a barrell.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    yeah i heard hurst was a bit of an arsey bell
  • Options
    feck me, we all know he scored some goals in a World Cup final and he acts all Billy.

stop living off the past Sir Geoff...time to move on.

Becks by a long way-absolutley crucified after '98, took it with dignity and came back stronger. great footballer, seems like a nice man. I like him and wish I had his lifestyle.

*secretly hopes Becks is reading this and summons me on to his salaried house staff*
  • Options
    David Beckham by a distance.
  • Options
    Even though I am desperate for England to out perform expectations in the Euros, a Beckham inspired Olympic side could eclipse a group stage eliminated National side this summer, down to his popularity and a general "fed upness" with EPL superstar attitudes, I hope they both do ok but just gauging opinions of mates etc
  • Options
    Can't abide Geoff Hurst. Smug git. He and that rower guy wil spend the rest of their days telling the same story over and over, while appearing on BBC programmes talking about the same thing again.
  • Options
    For the life of me, can't understand why no-one's nominated Pardew yet !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Can't abide Geoff Hurst. Smug git. He and that rower guy wil spend the rest of their days telling the same story over and over, while appearing on BBC programmes talking about the same thing again.
    Were you even alive in 66...my guess is you weren't given that you want to call the guy a smug git.
    So what the f... do you know about Geoff Hurst....smug he certainly aint....what a daft unfounded comment one has to say.
    He scored a hatrick in the World Cup Final which won us the World Cup.....or did that just happen to pass you by unoticed? He was always a somewhat dour, un-exciting undemonstrative character of few words really, but to describe him as smug....there's simply no way, never ever in a million years.
    So you can't abide him....never heard anyone say that about him (or any of that fantastic team come to that)....don't you think before you post.......he's a hero to millions.
    And as for slagging him off for having the temerity in mentioning it so often in interviews, don't you think that's exactly why he has appeared so often over the years on TV and radio to do just that....what's he supposed to say FFS, he's been interviewed about that very thing time and time again ....Jeeezuz wake up and smell the coffee Jimmy!
    Thanks for insulting one of our great footballing legends and one of our/my all time footballing heroes....like I say, I doubt you were even born. I was 18 at the time and will for ever have fantastic memories of that incredible fortnight....thanks for pissing on the fireworks chum........... I've had to wait 46 years for someone to do it........well there's always one!