Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

froch vs bute

13»

Comments

• Froch admitted that he wasn't in great condition when he fought Kessler. There will be a rematch soon, Froch said it could happen in September.

Ward is a class above Froch.
  • awsome fight, loved it.. and mrs froch.... jesus wept.

• behave nla joe beat kessler with something to spare ,froch lost by a few rounds to kessler,there is your marker,you think joe would have lost all 12 rounds to ward? froch is a great fighter but joe has the skill to change game plans in fights only true greats can do that. also froch was offered to fight joe by warren and declined for some reason.
  • 13 i think the last time joe lost.
  • sorry 17 micheal smyth its on youtube
  • Just don't see it nolly with calzaghe , I did enjoy watching him but I never took to him and it can only be because I couldn't get my head around his reluctance to go out there and fight the yanks in their yard, rightly or wrongly that's the making of a great fighter , you go out there and you have it with them , he never did that , I ain't saying he was bot a good boxer he was but I will never ever give him the kudos because in ky mind he ducked and turnt his back on the opportunity to be a legend
  • Just don't see it nolly with calzaghe , I did enjoy watching him but I never took to him and it can only be because I couldn't get my head around his reluctance to go out there and fight the yanks in their yard, rightly or wrongly that's the making of a great fighter , you go out there and you have it with them , he never did that , I ain't saying he was bot a good boxer he was but I will never ever give him the kudos because in ky mind he ducked and turnt his back on the opportunity to be a legend
    Agree NLA - He seemed to find a comfort zone and stayed there, for a long time! Not doubting his ability but I think with his skill and a bit more heart (who knows he may have wanted to, it might have been his old man who persuaded him not to) he could have gone to the USA and fought more, Benn did this and took the tough bouts as does Froch, both these boxers are better boxers than Calzaghe, in my opinion because of the fact they would/will fight anyone anywhere, OK their records dont stand up against Calzaghe's, but if you are taking the hardest fights all the time, then maybe you will lose. Its how you come back after loosing that is the mark of a true boxer IMHO!
  • calzaghe beat a peak kessler,froch lost to a kessler who had been already been battered by ward,you cannot get away from this ,what i find amazing about Joe is as a hard puncher knocking out everybody he then has to change his style because of his broken hands and punch far lighter and still beats everyone. I think the Hopkins wins was his finest moment because Hopkins went on to beat pavlik and pascal. Amazing fighter who would have run rings round Andre ward, shame he never fought Mayweather at a catch weight would have been a great fight
  • Calzaghe was dazzling in skills nolly that is for sure he was very good at what he did , but he left too many questions mate.
  • The stats do not lie. Neither do their results against the same man. Calzaghe beat Kessler and Kessler beat Froch.
  • Sponsored links:

• The stats do not lie. Neither do their results against the same man. Calzaghe beat Kessler and Kessler beat Froch.
    Thats not always the way it works Supa, all sportsmen have a bad day, I understand that Froch was not 100% leading up to the Kessler fight, also I think after Saturdays fight that Kessler wouldn't fancy another go, whereas Froch would!

Boxing is proberly the only sport that this sort of stat is useless ,

Look at all the fighters that lose a fight to a chump let alone someone like kessler

The fact remains the same Froch has gone and faced the best there is in their own yard and had a bang up

Joe didnt and wouldnt go until it was to fight someone way beyond the year that the 2 of them shouldve had the tear up

Joe was a fanatstic boxer no doubt but he leaves the sport and a fair few of the fans questioning why he never went to the USA and had it with the big names in the big venues

We all know his power reduced with his hands and yet he still put on displays of very intelligant and impressive contests
    but how much did his hand damage dictate the people he face and when he faced them

Froch and Kesslar should happen at the Forest ground i would bet my house Froch would win

I don't buy that , this season Palace beat Man Utd , and Doncaster beat Palace. Does this mean that Doncaster are better than Man Utd?
  • calzaghe beat a peak kessler,froch lost to a kessler who had been already been battered by ward,you cannot get away from this ,what i find amazing about Joe is as a hard puncher knocking out everybody he then has to change his style because of his broken hands and punch far lighter and still beats everyone. I think the Hopkins wins was his finest moment because Hopkins went on to beat pavlik and pascal. Amazing fighter who would have run rings round Andre ward, shame he never fought Mayweather at a catch weight would have been a great fight
    Agree with everything said here.

Not sure a catchweight fight between a career welterweight and a super middle/light heavyweight would ever be possible though!
  • I dont think so
  • "When people look back on my career, I want them to say: 'There's a fighter that fought everybody. Look at his record - yes, he got beat, but he came back to win a third world title. Carl Froch is a Hall-of-Famer, a legend, and we've got so much respect for him'.

"I'll go down in the history books and I'll be remembered forever and ever, unlike other fighters - and I'm not going to mention any names - who have got undefeated records or retire undefeated, and you say to yourself: 'Who did he box? He didn't box him, he swerved him, he boxed him when he was well past his best'.

Froch is spot on with that statement

• ""I'm a massive Chris Eubank fan, but if you're going to compare [his opponents] to the level of opposition I've been up against, it doesn't really come close," said Froch"
  • Let's see how Froch's record ends up. Calzaghe went his whole career unbeaten. Doesn't matter what we all say, he finished the game unbeaten.
  • Sponsored links:

• Here's Kessler knocking out Allan Green (who also participated in the Super Six tournament).
    17 secs into the clip. BANG!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EtSDjidMc4
  • Here's Kessler knocking out Allan Green (who also participated in the Super Six tournament).
    All the more impressive as Green had knocked Kessler down in the first round!
  • 46 - 0 is a fine record, just a shame about the fights against Ashira, Manfredo, Bika, thornberry et all all of which took place whilst Joe was champ.

I don't believe that he couldn't get fights with the likes of Tarver and Jones when he was in his prime. Because a skinny lad from Sheffield managed to. He just had to travel.....

I'm not going to slag Calzaghe off because he was a great fighter. But for me Boxing needs more characters like Froch
  • edited May 2012
    Here's Kessler knocking out Allan Green (who also participated in the Super Six tournament).
    All the more impressive as Green had knocked Kessler down in the first round!
    Yep, here it is (1.51 into the clip).
    He got him, but not a proper knockdown, although Kessler's legs does look shaky.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0EoVfkYXZw&t=1m50s