Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

froch vs bute

Comments

• Immense, atmosphere in there must be absolute quality
  • edited May 2012
    How fit is his missus

I can not remember a better performance on home soil, froch was amazing tonight anyone who missed it find it and watch how you dismantle a man bigger and allegedly stronger , turn him into a fighter who looked like a novice not a champion

Froch was superb
  • I'm stunned. Totally destroyed him. Made it look like a mismatch!
  • Froch made that look like a mis-match. The moment he landed you could tell Bute was rattled. He had no answer. Brilliant stuff from Froch.
  • Unbelievable stuff from Froch.
  • I was at hatton vs Costa tzeu or however he spelt it , and that was rated in my mind as the best

Froch has just destroyed that he absolutely destroyed that man he just kicked the living shite out of him , he gave him some huge beating

Carl froch is a British boxing legend who has fought the best in the world for the last 8 years

The power of froch was mental
  • Let's hope Buté refuses the rematch and Froch fights Kessler over here.
  • Not way will Buté want a rematch.
  • Kessler won't fight froch here no way , can't see it , their fight was close last time

If bute wants a rematch they need to re scan his swede cos froch must've damaged it real bad to make that call

Kessler vs froch could sell in America for bucks if it happens it will be there
  • Superb performance just wish I didn't have to be up this early to put the marquees up for Joe's football club presentation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Too late for me, so just watched.

Absolutely immense. Was like a sledgehammer smashing down a wall. Didn't really have to take anything's back either.
  • I have watched it again this morning its on keep on my sky plus forever
  • Spent most of yesterday in various hospitals and missed it live. Had a few bets on Carl from round 8 onwards (thanks Paddy Power for refunding all of them, wish I'd had more faith for an earlier KO!!)

Have just watched this morning, having avoided this thread & the news. Absolutely outstanding. Read a lot of pre-fight pundits who were split down the middle, almost all going for points. I have just always thought that Froch has been the epitome of what a world-class fighter should be. A true warrior. Never ever shirked a fight, taking on anyone & everyone. you just had to look at his opponents in the last 2 years alone. Bute had never been in with that class.

Couple of good cagey opening rounds (both Carls) but when he took one punch from Bute halfway through the third and then unloaded...absolutely awesome. Great end to the 4th...loved the group hug with the ref 10 secs from bell and then the 5th...superb array of punches...brilliant, brilliant performance Carl Froch!

• Hopefully khan and haye will take inspiration from this and sort out their careers (go get the best fights, ignore their own hype, listen to their trainers, stop blaming defeats on so called dodgy refereeing and toes).
  • Just saw the finish on SSN. What an awesome flurry to finish it!
  • Froch was ferocious. Tore Bute apart savagely.

Bute was wobbling and needing the ropes to walk back to his corner at the end of the 4th.

Not sure why so many people dislike Froch. He doesn't shy away from a challenge whereas people will love Haye for fighting Audley Harrison and mauling him in 3 rounds.
  • Destroyed him. Surprised ref didn't stop it earlier as Bute took an immense amount of punishment.
  • fantastic accuracy, power and performance.
  • Froch was good, but no way was that as good as Hatton v Tzu and nowhere near as Joe Calzaghe was on numerous occassions.

Full respect for Froch - he's never avoided anybody but his footwork and defence make him look average when compared to somebody like Calzaghe.....

• I was there last night and the atmosphere was electic.

Froch is a great advert for the sport. Not the greatest technician - but a warrior in the true sense.
    He is never in a dull fight and is rightly a fan favourite.

He wouldn't have been a match for Calzaghe though in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• He would've never fought calzaghe as Joe wouldn't have fronted him , calzaghe could've fought him they were around at the same time , froch hits to hard for Joe ,

The fight was much better than tze in my opinion , bute came in with a phenomenal record and he is much bigger than Carl on fight night ,

Tze vs hatton was good but how froch dismantled and finished bute was amazing

Look at where froch has gone to fight the best ,now tell me where Joe calzaghe went to fight the best , how long did it take him to fight the top yanks in their own yard

Calzaghe was good and to be champ that long was fantastic but we will never really know , and that is the one thing we do know about froch scared of no one and will fight anywhere anytime any place
  • Calzaghe didn't lose a fight and beat Kessler to a pulp. He made Kessler look very one dimensional.

How did Froch do against Kessler ....

Calzaghe beat Eubank, Kessler, Hopkins, et al and remained unbeaten. The top yanks ran scared of Joe for nearly 10 years.

The stats don't lie! Froch was not in the same class as Calzaghe, which is why Calzaghe didn't fight him.

As for Bute - he had never fought anybody in the same class as Froch, let alone the level above Froch. Kosta Tze had fought legends for years and so Hatton's win, in my eyes, was more impressive.
  • MIKKEL KESSLER BEATS CARL FROCH BY UNANIMOUS DECISION - 117-111, 115-113, 116-112

Joe Calzaghe takes a unanimous decision against Mikkel Kessler to become the undisputed super middleweight champion. Another phenomenal performance from the 35-year-old Welshman. Judges' scorecards: 117-111, 116-112, 116-112
  • Where did he fight them Clive ??? how many times did calzaghe leave these shores to fight the best, I will tell you how many

Once and that was to fight a man 5 years past his best

Calzaghe didnt fight Froch because he would have had the toughest fight out there,

In my opinion Calzaghe ducked more challenges than he faced, there was loads of fights out there to take and loads to travel to,

He couldve done what Hatton and Froch done and to his credit Khan

you want to be the best go to the USA and fight the best you may not win them all you may get a good hiding but atleast you can never have people like me aim the question of what if at you and taint a great career

• That's pretty much my view on Calzaghe, great champ but fact is he was never too keen on going to the states.

Anyway, Froch was awesome Saturday night as I thought he would be.

Black and white was Bute had fought only Magee and Johnson, Froch as fought (and beaten) Jermain Taylor, jean pascal, Arthur Abraham, Andre dirrel and glen Johnson. He was only by a fag paper beaten on a questionable decision by Kessler and went 12 rounds with one of the best pugilists on the earth.

No way was Bute ever going to win that in my opinion and it was very short sighted of all the sky lads to give the viewers that impression
  • Calzaghe fought a very old eubank, a dodgy decision against Hopkins and Roy jones has been finished for years before joe fought him. He did destroy an over-hyped jeff lacy and was very impressive in doing so. I just have more respect for Hatton and Froch for taking on all comers, not so much khan because of the way he has been managed until recently
  • mate we aint the only ones who think it , i have had this conversation with loads of people some agree some are more questionable than i am , and they are wrong to in my opinion as he was a great champ,

But he will never be in my eyes as worthy of that name than Hatton or Froch , I honestly thought Bute wouldve put up more of a fight but Froch dismatled him with consumant ease
  • I was there last night and the atmosphere was electic.

Froch is a great advert for the sport. Not the greatest technician - but a warrior in the true sense.
    He is never in a dull fight and is rightly a fan favourite.

He wouldn't have been a match for Calzaghe though in my opinion.
    I heard the atmosphere in the curry house beforehand was better!
  • Shhhhhhh.

Your old man is such a grass.
  • .....at least the complimentary Cobra and poppadoms were good.