Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR release 8 players!

Comments

• Options
    Shittu to return and talk about 'unfinished business, The Valley is my spiritual home etc'
  • Options
    I reckon our defense is pretty much solid expect for a covering CB (Hall or Shittu or Gabbidon) and a RB. The only other person I might take from that list is Cook.

But the above doesn't fit in with SCP policy of buying young and hungry players so I can't see it happening.
  • Options
    Hall yes no to the others.
  • Options
    Really don't think signing players to 'cover' is what's needed. We need players who will compete for a place rather than to consolidate it....................
    But all players should be competing for places. I don't think there's a single player that would join a club just to 'cover' or consolidate. It is a good point however.
  • Options
    Borrowdale on a free would be stupid not to pick up! A quality left back that would challenge Wiggins.
  • Options
    Surely Evina is left back cover - its CB and RB where we need to strengthen
  • Options
    We will sign a GK, RB cover, CB, CMx2, LM cover, STx2.
  • Options
    I think that is about right

• Options
    Borrowdale on a free would be stupid not to pick up! A quality left back that would challenge Wiggins.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, just found a fly floating in my cuppa which pissed me off somewhat until I read that post, funniest thing I've read in a long while !
  • Options
    Id rather have Ramage and Shitu than Morrison and cort/taylor at this level, not the most popular thing to say I'm sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Notice that Hogan Ephraim is still there. I'd take him ahead of all of those.
    This, none of the others not even Cook, he looked over weight when he was with us.
  • Options
    Evina not good enough for Championship IMHO.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Id rather have Ramage and Shitu than Morrison and cort/taylor at this level, not the most popular thing to say I'm sure.
    You'd rather have Ramage the RB than any of our CB's, Shittu may have proved he is a good defender at Championship level but is 32 and career is on the way down, Morrison is young and very much on the way up, also the best CB we have had in a long time.
  • Options
    why do you think evina is not good enough? the very little he played this season, he looked decent
  • Options
    Agyemang played for MK Dons in the Play-offs and looked woeful.
  • Options
    I think both Cort and Taylor will be able to cut it at Championship level. They have different strengths and weaknesses but also both formed a good undertsanding with Morrison who I think will be as good if not better than any CB at this level. A good defence is often about balance and understanding so I'd be a bit loathe to mess about with ours too much. The players named above certainly don't seem better options than what we have got already!
  • Options
    why do you think evina is not good enough? the very little he played this season, he looked decent
    He maybe decent in league 1, but decent in league 1 is not good enough for the Championship.
    I disagree, because the couple of games I saw him he wasnt that great. As I say league one at best.
  • Options
    Yes agreed. His positional play was terrible.
  • Options
    He maybe decent in league 1, but decent in league 1 is not good enough for the Championship.
    I disagree, because the couple of games I saw him he wasnt that great. As I say league one at best.
    last season people were saying Solly was an average league one player at best, and had played just as many games, if not more than evina has played this season.
  • Options
    Actually it was Stevenage he played for ,but I agree he was woeful.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with CEJ.
  • Options
    can't see 8 players coming in myself, well not players that will be expected to challenge. Can see 6 coming in and maybe 2 more for the development squad.
  • Options
    can't see 8 players coming in myself, well not players that will be expected to challenge. Can see 6 coming in and maybe 2 more for the development squad.
    Depends who goes out ?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    last season people were saying Solly was an average league one player at best, and had played just as many games, if not more than evina has played this season.
    Maybe but I didnt! Also there were a fair few nobbers on here that thought Francis was better than Solly, so its a silly way of strengthening your argument. I've seen him play and Evina is not Championship quality IMHO.
  • Options
    I think nobody expected th eimprovement we got from him though. Young players learn and improve- at least some of them do, so writing off players like Evina is at best premature.
  • Options
    I think nobody expected th eimprovement we got from him though. Young players learn and improve- at least some of them do, so writing off players like Evina is at best premature.
    Fair shout Mutts, but its all about the now.
    When all said and done we only see the lads once or maybe twice a week, Powell sees them every day, so if Powell says he stays that's good enough for me. If he comes good and steps up I will say I was wrong, but at the moment I doubt he will.
  • Options
    I think we agree - the manager will best know where he needs to strengthen and fans generally will want loads of players in as they always do in the summer - but that could work against us. We have a young developing team and it is quite difficult to predict who won't step up next season. I think BWP and Green have as good a chance of having gerat seasons as any for instance. Sir Chris will want 2 or 3 new good standard Championship for competition I'm sure, but won't want to lose the dynamic of the current side as well.
  • Options
    Plus Evina is only 20?

• Options
    Evina was awful every time he's played
  • Options
    He was not awful at Preston