Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR release 8 players!

Patrick Agyemang, Gary Borrowdale, Lee Cook, Danny Gabbidon, Fitz Hall, Peter Ramage, Danny Shittu and Rowan Vine.

Would we want any of them?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Only at a push Cook.

Rest are busted flushes.
  • Options
    hall IMO, maybe Agyemang to cover Yann
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Gabbidon when fully fit is more than capable at Championship level but too injury prone, Hall is decent and would suppliment our CB's well and Ramage did well for Birmingham this season, would be good cover for Solly.

Agyemang looked awful in the play offs for Stevenage. Will be in League 1 at best next season.
  • Options
    Good to see they've given Keiron Dyer a new deal though, he's been great for them this season!!
  • Options
    Good to see they've given Keiron Dyer a new deal though, he's been great for them this season!!
    About 5 mins he played, dread to think how much he's been paid since then.
  • Options
    Shittu - Ex-Charlton player like Haynes and Green. Played with Powell (at Watford) like Morrison.

32 in September but is 6' 3" so meets the main CL criteria for a player
  • Options
    Notice that Hogan Ephraim is still there. I'd take him ahead of all of those.
  • Options
    taken from Dyer's wikipedia profile! I thought it was funny

Queens Park Rangers
    In July 2011 Dyer signed a one-year contract with Queens Park Rangers.[41] He made his debut on 13 August 2011, the opening day of the Premier League season, against Bolton Wanderers, but after just three minutes he was stretchered off with an injured foot.[42] During his recovery, he sustained ligament damage to his foot in a reserve game. This injury required surgery and he was ruled out for the remainder of the season.[43] Because of his injury, Dyer was omitted from QPR's 25-man squad for the second half of the 2011–12 Premier League season. On the 21st May 2012, Dyer was given a new 1 year contract at QPR, despite only appearing for 3 minutes in his only appearance of the 2011/2012 season.
    Early reports from scientific studies suggest that Kieron is made from a substance that is less durable than prawn crackers. His physio confirmed this.
  • Options
    Would not be shocked if Cook made a return. Certainly good enough for the Champo, probably not first choice but very good cover/competition depending on who else is on the SCP Shopping List. Ramage, Hall, maybes but I trust Chris and thescouting team to have other, superior first choice targets. Other than that, pass on all.
  • Options
    About 5 mins he played, dread to think how much he's been paid since then.
    His £ per hour on the pitch rate must put him right up there with footballs all time biggest earners, if not at the very top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would take Cook and one of Hall or Shittu
  • Options
    I took one hall of a shittu after my breakfast this morning.
  • Options
    not sure on Cook, I'm not sure he's quite enough for the Championship and in addition, and I could be on my own here, I'm not sure on JJ in The Championship either.

He seems to have very little pace and I think he could be exposed up a level so Cook as back up for JJ I'm not sure is enough. Think we need a left sided man to push JJ for the place in the team.

NOTE: Hope I'm wrong re JJ
  • Options
    Borrowdale could be good cover for Wiggins.
  • Options
    Liked him when he was here, shored up the defence during the last two months of the season and his set pieces were very good. His career has spiralled downwards since though, was at Barnet on loan last time I heard he was playing anywhere regularly.

• Options
    taken from Dyer's wikipedia profile! I thought it was funny

Queens Park Rangers
    In July 2011 Dyer signed a one-year contract with Queens Park Rangers.[41] He made his debut on 13 August 2011, the opening day of the Premier League season, against Bolton Wanderers, but after just three minutes he was stretchered off with an injured foot.[42] During his recovery, he sustained ligament damage to his foot in a reserve game. This injury required surgery and he was ruled out for the remainder of the season.[43] Because of his injury, Dyer was omitted from QPR's 25-man squad for the second half of the 2011–12 Premier League season. On the 21st May 2012, Dyer was given a new 1 year contract at QPR, despite only appearing for 3 minutes in his only appearance of the 2011/2012 season.
    Early reports from scientific studies suggest that Kieron is made from a substance that is less durable than prawn crackers. His physio confirmed this.
    That little gem has disappeared...meanwhile this has popped up in its place (first paragraph):

"He has represented England on 33 occasions and was a member of the England squads at the 2002 FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro 2004, but has not been capped since 2007. With a total of 33 caps and no goals, he has to be known as one of the poorer England selection... Still somewhat better than Stuart Downing."
  • Options
    Really don't think signing players to 'cover' is what's needed. We need players who will compete for a place rather than to consolidate it....................
  • Options
    Really don't think signing players to 'cover' is what's needed. We need players who will compete for a place rather than to consolidate it....................
    Good point.
  • Options
    Rowan Vine ?? thought we were looking at him the other season. Apart from that, no thanks...........esp Lee Cook !!
  • Options
    Liked him when he was here, shored up the defence during the last two months of the season and his set pieces were very good. His career has spiralled downwards since though, was at Barnet on loan last time I heard he was playing anywhere regularly.

Borrowdale did do well for us .. but with Wiggins & Evina, left back is well covered. Shittu is no better than Cort. We really need younger players on the way up and not too many older guys on the way down. .. presuming we need many incomers at all except for midfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I took one hall of a shittu after my breakfast this morning.
    I took one hall of a shittu after dinner. I didnt make it so I had to borrow-dales boxers. I blamed my bird because she can't cook. She told me I drank to much vine.
  • Options
    Would like Fitz Hall just for the comedy value of having a player called One Size. Not exactly the best footballing reason though.
  • Options
    Gabbidon when fully fit is more than capable at Championship level but too injury prone, Hall is decent and would suppliment our CB's well and Ramage did well for Birmingham this season, would be good cover for Solly.

Agyemang looked awful in the play offs for Stevenage. Will be in League 1 at best next season.
    Why would Ramage sign for us just to be cover??
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    we've already got evina to cover (or compete) so I wouldn't want borrowdale

• Options
    Deffo gabbidon or shittu. vine as backup for yann
  • Options
    I liked Borrowdale when he was here ,but I feel we have moved on to better players now . It does not make me confident that his last league action was with Barnet last season ,I think he will have stagnated in the two years since he played for us . Ageymang and Vine similarly will probably strut their stuff at L1 or below .

I like Lee Cook and he was much better second time around , he maintained our left sided balance .Personally I would take a punt on him with a one year pay as you play deal especially as Bover and Harriott could be ready after this season .

I'd be happy with any of the defenders Gabbidon ,Hall ,Ramage or Shittu.
  • Options
    Shittu will end up at the new toolbox
  • Options
    I thought the fans hated him there ,my mate reckons there would be a riot if he rejoined them after the way he left them for QPR last season
  • Options
    I thought the fans hated him there ,my mate reckons there would be a riot if he rejoined them after the way he left them for QPR last season
    Just something I heard.

• Options
    Apart from Cook I don't think we would need any of them. I am sure there are better Championship players out there desperate to play for a decent club.