Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton V York

Comments

• Options
    Save the hatred for someone who deserves it, like Millwall. Gutted once again for Luton. The vast majority of their fans are decent folk following their local team. They didn't vote for a plastic pitch, or choose a crooked chairman, or even a nut job right wing Tory for that matter.
    Well said that man.
  • Options
    liverpool, charlton, aston villa, northampton and york

welcome back
    Can we also include Kilmarnock, Dundee United, East Stirlingshire and East Fife?

And Celtic

• Options
    Save the hatred for someone who deserves it, like Millwall. Gutted once again for Luton. The vast majority of their fans are decent folk following their local team. They didn't vote for a plastic pitch, or choose a crooked chairman, or even a nut job right wing Tory for that matter.

This. For Lutons sake I hope they make it 4th time lucky, a win for them yesterday would have rounded off one of the best seasons in my memory
  • Options
    Was it Luton v York in the semi final last year when the York players had to go into the away stand after getting pelted by Luton fans
  • Options
    Was it Luton v York in the semi final last year when the York players had to go into the away stand after getting pelted by Luton fans
    Massive over reaction.
  • Options
    Its only banter
  • Options
    More importantly, why is Luton's home colour now orange?
  • Options
    Is it anything to do with Easyjet sponsoring them ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pleased for York and Kevs Dad!
  • Options
    Luton played in Orange for a number of years in the 70s and 80s. Have to agree it was horrible what happened two years ago.
  • Options
    Thought it was against York in the semi but wasnt 100% sure
  • Options
    Cheers Tel York played Luton 5 times this season winning 4 drawing 1
  • Options

welcome back
    Can we also include Kilmarnock, Dundee United, East Stirlingshire and East Fife?

And Celtic

Glasgow Celtic.

And there was I thinking you were a footy quiz king, or is it just any excuse for you to turn a thread with your sectarian hatred?

:-)
  • Options
    Well done York .. a nice little club located in a great city
  • Options
    Pleased to see York back, hope they don't do a Doncaster and go through the leagues, battering us on the way. York deserves a league club.

Luton is a horrible place to go to as a football fan. I got threatened there and never went back. I'm not paying for that.
  • Options
    In years gone by Orange was their home colours
  • Options
    Don't know why but really like Luton
    Don't like Luton, and I'm not pretending to be rational.

But...got scarf nicked as a 15 year old at KR (lost 0-2) and after the 1-7 the window of our coach got put through.

Fell over three times - all painfully - on way to ground in the snow/ice in Dec 1979 (I think). I was pissed but I blame Luton. We lost 0-3 or thereabouts.

Had to pretend to live in St Albans to get passes to get tickets for the game in about 1986. Lost 0-1 I believe.

Plastic pitch. Lost 2-5.

I'm sure it's a lovely place but my personal happy memories are less than those for, say, Kyoto. Or even Walsall

PS I did go to Luton v Millwall in 1985 or so, which was interesting.

• Options

Is that the time when Millwall ripped out all the seats ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes
  • Options

Is that the time when Millwall ripped out all the seats ?

banter
  • Options
    they dont make banter like they used to
  • Options
    It has been a major surprise to me that Luton haven't made it back by now. If they are not careful, they may not make it back at all.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lI1b_6qQFs
    That video should give everyone reason enough to hate Luton. Anyone know what the repercussions were ?

• Options

welcome back

And Celtic

Glasgow Celtic.

And there was I thinking you were a footy quiz king, or is it just any excuse for you to turn a thread with your sectarian hatred?

:-)
    Just Celtic, no Glasgow in their name. That's why I'm a footie quiz king.
  • Options

I was at that game ... rather heavy day
  • Options
    So was I.
  • Options
    Why would Charlton people be at a midweek Luton v Millwall game back then ....
  • Options
    It was a "big" game for South London back then. We were on our last legs (it seemed) & Palace weren't much better.
    I think I nearly went as well.There was a load of Londerners there that weren't Millwall.