Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton V York

edited May 2012 in General Charlton
Anyone else watching on line - 30,000 hatters, 5,000 York fans, Luton scored in the first minute, now York have just gone 2-1 up to a blatent offside goal, how much do Luton fans have to suffer?

Comments

• Options
    screw em. let them suffer.
  • Options
    way offside. york are pretty decent though
  • Options
    screw em. let them suffer.
    From my own experiences of Luton fans, I pretty much agree with this.

• Options
    I renwed a thread about them recently because at one stage it looked unlikely they would get here.

Too big a club for the Conference ,but I have afeeling they will still be there tonight.
  • Options
    Did anyone else hear Martin Toll singing before the game?!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yep I have no allegance to either side but cant help but think it could have been us a couple of times in the last 30 years, I know a Mansfield Town fan and he often passes on how grim life is out side of the leagues once you have been used to it, they even envy the Football League Show coverage!
  • Options
    To be fair York also are a traditional league side although they have been away for eight years.

Luton will come back because their crowds are double all of their competitors and I suspect when they do they will go fairly quickly back to League One.
  • Options
    what an air shot! fantastic tecnique.
  • Options
    Is this not on tv
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great stuff for york
  • Options
    welcome back York City, bit gutted for Luton, not the friendliest bunch I know but, 30 points!! It seems even more of a nonsense all these years on and I bet the only ones left at the club are the supporters, that said the double air shot was hilarious!
  • Options
    What a week for York. FA Trophy, new ground, promotion to the league. I bet there aren't too many clubs that can claim to have won at Wembley twice in nine days.
  • Options
    Thanks Idlehans for the stream before that I was listening to 5Live where they said Luton fans saw themselves as bigger than the rest of the Conference and that they were not loved by the other clubs at that level. Next season will be their 4th season in the BSP.

I think they should have been relegated the season earlier rather than the nonsense of a 30 point deduction . The league were right to make an example of them . However , how would we feel if someone like Dartford ,Ebbsfleet or Welling had done a Stevenage and were playing two divisions above us ,it was bad enough for Millwall or Palace being one level higher.

The only downside for me today was that it puts me down from 81 to 80 in my 92 quest as I had been to both Hereford and Macclesfield ,although I've done Fleetwood I've never been to York .

• Options
    Got to feel for the Luton fans. Just can't seem to cross the finish line each season.

Incredible that they had 29,000 turn up today though.
  • Options
    Glad to see York back and glad that it's at the expense of Luton!
  • Options
    FOD........this.
  • Options
    Luton back in FL, no thanks - well done York
  • Options
    Was the ref from Yorkshire?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    29'000 Luton fans is fantastic. Being only 20 miles away I wanted them to do well ( my son plays in their youth set up) but until they get out of that rancid area of Luton and knock down that hole of a stadium the usual haters will continue to put the boot in. I feel sorry for the the fans. They deserve a hell of a lot more .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not been following this match but glad luton missed out. This is karma for the 4 luton thugs who thought they were so tough jumping me outside their ground back in the early 90's.........................
  • Options
    Let's face it - every single club has a minority of idiots. Those who think they are bigger than the division they are in, or that they have a right to try and intimidate others etc. Ourselves included.

I find all the Luton hate to be a little bit ridiculous really.
  • Options
    Luton have proper away support as well !
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    liverpool, charlton, aston villa, northampton and york

welcome back
  • Options

welcome back
    Can we also include Kilmarnock, Dundee United, East Stirlingshire and East Fife?

• Options

welcome back
    Can we also include Kilmarnock, Dundee United, East Stirlingshire and East Fife?

scottish football doesn't count. you know the rules...

• Options
    Solly, don't know what came over me.
  • Options
    Don't know why but really like Luton.

Great support.
  • Options
    well done York, fantastic place/got family from there.

commiserations Luton, awful place/got no family from there.
  • Options
    Save the hatred for someone who deserves it, like Millwall. Gutted once again for Luton. The vast majority of their fans are decent folk following their local team. They didn't vote for a plastic pitch, or choose a crooked chairman, or even a nut job right wing Tory for that matter.