Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xbox to PS3

After ages of my mates banging on about how great play stations are I bought one, I find it hard to see why they like it so much more than an Xbox? No party chat? And seems to be a lot slower?

Has anyone else done this and thought the same? Thinking of Trading this thing in back for my Xbox.

Feel free to add me though: KingJack_X

May make my PSN experience slightly better.

Comments

• Options
    Sinclair Spectrum 48k (with rubber keys)...That is all.
  • Options
    I've got both, Xbox is better.
  • Options
    I had Xbox 360 then sold it and got a Ps3, prefer the PS3 - free online gaming and Blu Ray.

• Options
    Got both, prefer the xbox but most people tend to prefer the one they got first. If a game is availble for xbox and ps3 ill always take the xbox version, prefer xbox live as well, even if you have to pay for it.
  • Options
    Kinect is awful garbage, apart from like dance central and maybe kinect sports its a complete waste of time and money. Wii is probably better but that's not saying much

• Options
    I'm a daily xboxer. It's ultimately personal preference but i've always disliked the cold, plasticy style of all three playstations. The interface is so... dead eyed. Comparing ISS98 on the GameCube with Pro Evo on PS1 sums it up for me. Find the PS3 is designed for a wider audience, which explains those god-awful controllers (how could ten million people be wrong? I don't know, but they are.)

Kinect is bloody awful unless you're playing with girls and/ or alcohol. Developers are not using it wisely yet. Just heard Fifa 13 will use Kinect though.

Wii U is out in a year I think. Nintendo finally go HD!
  • Options
    1) PS3 is better than the xbox.
    2) Fifa has -always- been better than Pro Evo

These are two things that people who know nothing about games say.
  • Options
    Chunes it's all Preference. To say they know nothing is not fair.

I own both consoles and have been a gamer for 15 years plus.

I have owned all playstation and XBox consoles, I like them equally and I mean that honestly.

XBOX live is not worth the price just for party chat, the Online just isn't that much better that a charge charge can be seen as fair.

The controller layouts are almost identical.

XBOX has the wider range of games, and the ones designed for XBOX are usually better than the PS3 exclusives.

• Options
    Seems everyone who has both is more on the Xbox side, I will give PS3 a good month before I trade in!

Plus is it just me who think PS3 controllers are to small!
  • Options
    They're compact, i prefer the ps3 controller though layout is similar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're compact, i prefer the ps3 controller though layout is similar.
    Yeah will take some getting use to, however it may just be my chubby hands. :(
  • Options
    the ps3 controller is alot easier to use then the xbox by far wilmore give me an add if your up for a few games psn charlton92
  • Options
    It tends to be one of the most tedious debates. Most of the people that get involved have only ever had one or the other. The truth is that they're much of a muchness. Xbox online is probably a bit better but you pay for it, the PS has bluray. Occasionally the odd game comes out on one or the other. That's it. If it means that much to you that your choice of games console is the "best", fair enough.
  • Options
    I find the ps3 controller easier to use, I watch a lot of films so bluray is a good addition for me, and I don't have to pay for the online, which is something I use all the time as well. I also have a Vita and the amount of games etc. that are going to cross over between the two looks decent right now, and that is one aspect of the PS3 that beats the XBOX for me, as there isn't a microsoft handheld.
  • Options
    I've had both. I now only have the PS3. I would say that they are very similar, I can't remember why I chose the PS3 now. It might have been the bluray, but I can't remember now.

I believe that you can run Sky Go on an xBox but not on a PS3, but once you have some games, and their corresponding saves I guess you tend to stick with what you have.
  • Options
    But you get the Uncharted series on the PS3!
  • Options
    xbox has better gameplay and online community.

ps3 has a built in bluray player and free online services.

personally i think xbox is better but you will prob pay a little more over time with xbox because the online service is kinda pricey...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Got both, PS3 first. Xbox is better.

Got the 360 because everyone has, anyone who did have a ps3 has switched over as well
    Party chat pretty much single handedly makes it better than the PS3

Used to proper hate xbox's as well, till I got mine, cant get used to PS3 controllers anymore either. Miss the GT series.

If you have no friends, might as well PS3 it
  • Options
    Xbox live is much better quality than the ps3 version, it's not exactly expensive either if you buy it by the year.

I also don't have girl hands, so find the ps3 controller a bit of a pain.
  • Options
    Much better left and right stick precision on Xbox controller, ps3 controller I dread when I start a new game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    xbox is a lot faster. Amount of times I've said "... come on.." when playing a friends PS3 for a game to load (I have an xbox 360) is getting on irritating
  • Options
    In my view they're two very similar consoles, for me the decision only really comes down to two things:
    A) What your friends use - if all your mates use xbox you'll probably get more fun outta that, if they have ps3, probably that.
    B) The exclusives - when i bought my 360 I wanted to be playing the new halo games, fable, gears of war, etc. Unfortunately, gears got a bit dull for me, fable just was a long line of disappointments (and that really hurt) and halo's lost its way a bit (still a shit load of fun online though) whereas PS3's have stuff like Uncharted, Infamous, Little Big Planet which are more inventive. That said, i reckon there's probably some new exclusives in the pipeline for xbox. Plus, Halo Reach is probably more fun than all the PS3 exclusives (bar maybe LBP)

I prefer 360 though as i believe the onlines better (yes even though you have to pay) and it runs better, and as much as every PS3 fanboy says that xbox live is "full of 12 year olds" its bullshit. You get a perfectly even spread on one as the other.
  • Options
    i always used playstation 1, then 2 over my gamecube/ xbox. but the ps3 just seems like a lazy money grab. they basicly put the psp running system in a console and took the ps2 controller and made it feel light and cheap. xbox is a far better built console. and as far as online go's. can people seriously complain about 30 quid or sumit for a year? thats a couple drinks at most bars now sheesh.
  • Options
    What on earth is "party chat"? It sounds like a sad singles online chat club.

Had a PS3, it went kaput about a year ago, yet to repair it, haven't missed it much, don't think I could find the time nowadays to play a game properly either.

I'm not sure whether that's a sad thing or I've finally got a life.
  • Options
    I have said I own both, the PS3 has been down a while, damaged blu ray thanks to my nephew putting 3 disks into the drive.

Once I have £80 spare I may repair it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Good one! Did you nick Bob Monkhouse's joke book!? I think he's still looking for it.

• Options
    Good one! Did you nick Bob Monkhouse's joke book!? I think he's still looking for it.

Bob Monkhouse made a joke about Xbox party chat? Didn't know that. What is it?

• Options
    Party chat is the only thing I miss on the PS3 other than that now after a few days I prefer PS3, once your use to the tiny controller it's a lot better in my personal opinion.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I prefer Xbox much more as I find it easier to play/talk with my friends.