Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Jones - What's the story?

edited May 2012 in General Charlton
There seem to be a fair few digs aimed towards Steve Jones the last few weeks (since the selling of Mendonca memrobilia). Although I glanced at that particular thread now and then, I seem to be missing some information regarding the floppy fringed forward.

Can anyone tell me what he's done or said to prompt all the sly digs?

Comments

• Options
    Last I heard he'd done a runner with some people's cash and wasn't responding to messages. Did that all get sorted in the end?
  • Options
    Nothing's been sorted out, he still owes me £100.
    Took my cash and never looked back.
  • Options
    Nothing's been sorted out, he still owes me £100.
    Took my cash and never looked back.
    Really sorry to hear that. I was hoping it would all have come good in the end, but obviously not.

Bloke needs filling in.
  • Options
    I spoke to a few people within the club on Sat and they couldn't believe he would do such a thing.
  • Options
    Surely it's a matter for the police now Adam? Theft surely.
  • Options
    Was going to say the same. Have the police been made aware?

Failing that, find out which Tesco's he works for and go and "politely" ask for a refund.
  • Options
    Let tesco know too - they won't want a thief working for them
  • Options
    Clem_Snide
    9:41AM

Failing that, find out which Tesco's he works for and go and "politely" ask for a refund.
    I'm sure his employers won't be best chuffed if he's bringing their name into disrepute. I can see the headline in the local paper 'Tesco Employee runs of with the cash'. I'd drop them a line to advise them that they potentially have a dishonest employee.
  • Options
    Clem_Snide
    9:41AM

I'm sure his employers won't be best chuffed if he's bringing their name into disrepute. I can see the headline in the local paper 'Tesco Employee runs of with the cash'. I'd drop them a line to advise them that they potentially have a dishonest employee.
    I'd advise against that - best let the police handle it.
  • Options
    hang on. Before going to the Old Bill shouldn't you at least track him down, ask him for your money and give him a deadline to repay it or then go to the Police? There may be a quite reasonable explanation as to why he has not returned it yet. Surely if Clive were made aware of this he would try and sort it out seeing as Steve was doing all this on Clive's behalf wasn't he ? Ok it's not my money involved but surely the Old Bill should be a last resort ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let tesco know too - they won't want a thief working for them
    uhm, dodgy ground if you ask me.

• Options
    He's been given numerous chances to pay the money back or come up with the goods. He's chosen to ignore all contact from people he owes so I would say it's a long way past that.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    has anyone actually spoken with him?

the threats of violence aren't helpful
  • Options
    It's a matter for Alan Judge
  • Options
    hang on. Before going to the Old Bill shouldn't you at least track him down, ask him for your money and give him a deadline to repay it or then go to the Police? There may be a quite reasonable explanation as to why he has not returned it yet. Surely if Clive were made aware of this he would try and sort it out seeing as Steve was doing all this on Clive's behalf wasn't he ? Ok it's not my money involved but surely the Old Bill should be a last resort ?
    You mean like emailing him?

• Options
    everyone loves to get involved
  • Options
    bet you cant wait to get jury service
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Where has this all come from? Blimey.

If it's to do with the non-delivery of memorabilia or a refund, etc, can I suggest you would have more joy reporting it to your local trading standards for them to investigate.

edit - just seen the other thread and if you haven't you should definitely let Trading Standards know, 08454 040506, if you want to progress it. The police will not be interested and will see it as a civil dispute.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    everyone loves to get involved
    Not everyone, just....

• Options
    Apologies all. I had not read the other thread about the evening being organised and then all that has happened since. Thought that thread was just about the event itself. Please ignore everything I've said here. Sad state of affairs all round. Hope it all get's sorted soon to everyone's satisfaction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Think this one's more accurate Chirpy.......................
  • Options
    Why is his nickname "Soapy"? Sounds like a right slippery customer.
  • Options
    Before becoming a professional footballer he worked in a soap factory
  • Options
    Before becoming a professional footballer he worked in a soap factory
    Good job he didnt work in a Fudge Packing Factory.
  • Options
    has he been contacted by phone or just email?
  • Options
    Think this one's more accurate Chirpy.......................

now thats funny

if he has knocked you find out where he works or lives and give the chap a knock try and sort it out man to man

it aint hard seeing as on the other thread the name of his football team is everywhere

• Options
    and he was a hamster what did you expect *=) all thieves from that side of the water
  • Options
    Can someone link the original thread. Cant find it.
  • Options
    Don't think it is that hard to track him down. Just a matter of how much you want your money back.

Sounds harsh, but it doesn't look like he's going to make the effort on his end.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!