Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Evening Boris

Comments

• Options
    Never heard of them - which means they get my vote...........
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Livingstone must not get back in ,Complete arse hole last time in office celebrated St paddys with a big parade .But not a hint on St georges day ,they are all corrupt..
    Dislike him with a passion
  • Options
    Boris is using being Mayor as a stepping stone to bigger and better things in the conservative party. Even if he wins it would be his last term as he will be off. At least Ken is an honest mayoral candidate in as much as he sees himself as a London politician first and only.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Boris is my 2nd preference.

It's all about Lawrence Webb
    UKIP are all about a populist anti-Euro smokescreen to get total deregulation for their big money backers in the City to make as much money out of he rest of us as possible.

UKIP are not anti-european, they just want us to leave this political union.

You make it sound like UKIP aims to build massive walls around the coastline of United Kingdom, not have anything to do with Europe and want to revert back to what we had back in those times when we had wars with the likes of France, Germany and Spain.

This is what UKIP stand for on Europe:

Withdraw from the political EU Superstate, and maintain a trade-based relationship with our European neighbours using a Swiss-style free trade agreement as the EU’s largest single trading partner. This is the deal the British people signed up to in the 1970s. We do not want or need to become a province in a European Superstate but instead want friendly and mutually beneficial trade and cultural cooperation with our EU neighbours

They in fact want to leave this poltical union that the EU have messed up on and maintain a 'Special relationship' with the rest of Europe. In the early nineties and beyond, UKIP did not exist as a party as there was no need for UKIP to form as a party because we had this special relationship without any european polticial involment at all.

As far as making much money out of the rest of us. Isn't the likes of Boris or Ken not intending to do the same then? The majority of UKIP MEP's are experienced workers before they got into politic's. Nigel Farage was commuting to London before he became a politician. The likes of Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband are a bunch of college kids who are out of touch, who had not experienced what real life was about.

So who would you rather, a college kid who has never experienced life in London apart from being a politican or someone who has had real experience working in London. I think I know who I would rather choose, that's why my X is next to UKIP's this week.
  • Options
    Boris is using being Mayor as a stepping stone to bigger and better things in the conservative party. Even if he wins it would be his last term as he will be off. At least Ken is an honest mayoral candidate in as much as he sees himself as a London politician first and only.
    honest! what mp or mayor canidate is honest? none of them!
  • Options
    Politics and football forums do not work FACT
  • Options
    Politics and football forums do not work FACT
    Some people never learn, do they?
  • Options
    Livingstone must not get back in ,Complete arse hole last time in office celebrated St paddys with a big parade .But not a hint on St georges day ,they are all corrupt..
    well said; terrorist supporting has been.
  • Options
    The BNP candidate is Italian. Is that standard practice for them?
  • Options
    What are the main factors behind people's dislike of Livingstone? As I'm basically not old enough to have gauged most of his career but have always noticed quite clear, tangible benefits of his policies - particularly with transport. Obviously aware of the Jewish journalist episode and how old school lefties rub people up the wrong way, but wondered what else there was to it. Genuinely curious rather than trying to launch a defence or anything...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, so when they lose big time, they can blame it on the foreigner.
  • Options
    I don't mind Ken, but I sometimes wonder if he's ever left the 6th form Common Room with his beliefs and attitudes. The St Patrick's Day thing is annoying and he's had a few dodgy people work for him, e.g. Lee Jasper.
    Still going to vote for him though.
  • Options
    I noticed that. Wonder if he's a fascist mate of DiCanio?
  • Options
    Ah. I see what they've done there.
  • Options
    Both Boris and Ken say stupid things.

Boris is harmless and just makes a fool of himself... Ken says genuinely offensive things and has an air of entitlement when it comes to London...

On top of that his "I will lower fares" idea is a load of rubbish. You do that and watch the infrastructure of this city become obsolete in 20 years if not sooner.

As for his "we will sell people energy from TfL" idea.... Yeah mate.. EDF energy are gonna fall for that one...

It says something when Labour are miles ahead in the polls but he is behind Boris... Either Boris is millions of miles better than the Tories or Ken is horribly worse than Labour... Or maybe it's a bit of both....

I know for a fact that after the London riots the Labour Party were very close to scrapping Ken and replacing him with David Lammy but they didn't in the end. Shame in my opinion as Lammy probably would have walked it.
  • Options

Withdraw from the political EU Superstate, and maintain a trade-based relationship with our European neighbours using a Swiss-style free trade agreement as the EU’s largest single trading partner. This is NOT the deal the British people signed up to in the 1970s.
    Did you participate in/vote in the 1970s referendum? I did.

It was always about more than simply a free trade agreement. You need to check your history. The UK was in a free trade agreement prior to joining the EEC, it was called EFTA and it was a complete waste of time. The EEC went beyond a simple free trade agreement.

You may not like the direction of travel of the EU but get your facts right please.

Leaving the EU will be immensely costly for this country and will not at all be the soft landing that nice smiley Mr Farage seems to think will occur.

• Options
    Ken Livingston is a traitorous, horrible scumbag who should never be allowed to get back in...Almost as bad as Galloway.

Boris is a joke...People thought they'd vote for him because he's funny, got a silly haircut and rugby tackles germans. Well look what happens when you vote someone in for a laugh.

Go on Lawrence Webb!
  • Options
    Ah. I see what they've done there.
    he's uruguayan
  • Options
    I think it was The Sun on Sunday (?), There was a big piece by Alan Sugar on Ken Livingstone and he was spot on in everything je said about him. If anyone can find it online...It's well worth a read!
  • Options
    What next - The mirror recommends labour, the mail recommends Tory...

To use one of your witty one liners Leroy, anyone who votes for a party as a vote against a newspapers agenda has the intelligence of a ham and mustard sandwich
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012

To use one of your witty one liners Leroy, anyone who votes for a party as a vote against a newspapers agenda has the intelligence of a ham and mustard sandwich
    The slight difference is Alan Sugar is a Labour Peer. Not really a Tory then.

• Options
    Withdraw from the political EU Superstate, and maintain a trade-based relationship with our European neighbours using a Swiss-style free trade agreement as the EU’s largest single trading partner.

Joining EFTA again (which still only exists to keep the Swiss and Norwegians involved and we wouldn't be bothered about cutting them adrift except that we like the secretive banking and company laws that the Swiss provide and Norway's oil keeps lights burning across the EU) would cost Britain as much as the EU does, so no change there. Additionally we'd have to abide by every bit of EU legislation and all the ECJ court rulings just as we have to now, except that we'd have zero say in influencing legislation and no chance to vote on anything. The consequence will be that things will be worse for us if we extricated ourselves from the EU.
  • Options
    I'd say you're spot on BFR. Add to that, check out how well we do in the Eurovision Song contest - we are the Millwall of Europe - if we leave we won't have many friends in the EU - look at how much trouble certain of our politicians have caused over the years since we joined. They call it trouble - we call it fighting our corner. On balance I'd say we're better off in than out.
  • Options
    I think I may have to vote Tory for the first time in my life. After a decent first term, Livingstone's second term was all about cronyism. He's a wannabee machine politician in the mould of Chicago's Daleys. Meanwhile, Johnson has done an OK job for London. The Mayor's powers are pretty much limited to transport and planning for large developments. He fought London's corner on Crossrail successfully and his planning policies are pretty sensible.

The only thing stopping me from voting for him is the colour of his rosette. I should really get over that.
  • Options
    DA1DA1
    edited May 2012
    Boris is not the bumbling oaf you all think he is. He is a privileged Eton like half the government

He:

Lobbied for top rate of tax to be reduced.
    Lobbied to avoid banks levy.
    Social house building has plummeted.
    Dragged back kicking from his holiday during the riots last year.

He doesnt give a shit.

All poiliticians apart from a select few (Skinner for one) are self serving lying arseholes.

• Options
    The Mayor's powers are pretty much limited to transport and planning for large developments. He fought London's corner on Crossrail successfully and his planning policies are pretty sensible.

That would be the Crossrail project he couldn't be bothered to turn up and vote for when he was an MP.

And if you think spending £40bn as he is suggesting, on a new airport in the Thames Estuary is sensible then fair enough, but plenty of aviation experts seem to think it a complete non-starter. But at least he brought back the routemaster buses...
  • Options

The only thing stopping me from voting for him is the colour of his rosette. I should really get over that.
    Don't. You'll feel dirty for four years.
  • Options
    The thames Estuary airport seems pretty ludicrous to me but the proposal has virtually no chance of success anyway. But Ken's head in the sand approach to airport expansion does nothing for me either.
  • Options
    Boris is a bit of an oaf who is hard to really dislike because he is self effacing and has some charisma. Unfortunately in modern politics, being an oaf is not such a disadvantage.
  • Options

Thats 75% of the population these days though Tim...