Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which famous person are you most glad to have met before they died?

13»

Comments

• Options
    More infamous than famous,but Malcolm Hardee.
    Oh yeah! Fell off his rowing boat didn't he?
    Unfortunately,yes. For all his bufoonery he was actually an incredibly clever,and dare I say,sensitive bloke.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yes, I found myself in his company many times down Up The Creek. I've been good friends with the door staff down there for years. I remember his "Oi Oi" t-shirt and also I met his wife down there on a few occasions. Top bloke!
  • Options
    Spike Milligan - at a book signing a couple of years before he died. His agent told me not to speak to him but he struck up a conversation with me first. Made my day.
  • Options
    Max Wall. Used to drink in the 'Lord Northbrook'. Burnt Ash Hill. Lee.
  • Options
    James Brown. didnt understand him though.
  • Options
    I still know 'Gonad', Drummer of that legendary Deptford 'Punk-era' Band "Please Return my Dog". Goes under another 'Nom de Plume' nowadays (on this 'site' as well!)
  • Options
    Max Wall. Used to drink in the 'Lord Northbrook'. Burnt Ash Hill. Lee.
    liked a drink, company and the pub did Max
  • Options
    Amy Winehouse - what a remarkable, yet tormented talent. Was a pleasure meeting her and she was a real sweetie, which I wasn't really expecting.
  • Options
    Sid James LEGEND
  • Options
    Jimi Hendrix
    You lucky, lucky, Lincsaddick

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    George Best. Actually had a drink with him and his bit of fluff. I'd written a play about him at uni and was telling him about it. He was great and took time out. Poured me a glass of wine and I sat next to him. I'm sure it made him look a bit cooler to the fit 24 year old he was with.
    Anyway, some arsehole took a pic of him the same night and sold it to The Sun. It was just after he'd had another liver op and he was drinking. Always wondered if he thought it was me who sold the pic. I hope not. He died about 6 mths later.