Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which famous person are you most glad to have met before they died?

Comments

• Options
    shaun ryder and rowetta being very naughty in a paris nightclub.
  • Options
    sorry didnt read thread title.
  • Options
    Brian Clough
  • Options
    Max Wall...He used to be a regular in the 3 Tuns, Blackheath (before it became O'Neills) and I used to work behind the bar
    the Three Tuns (and the Crown) was my local back in the 70s .. did you work there when Spanish Gerry was the guvnor, before the dreadful 'refurbishment' ?
    No, But I was an under-age drinker at the time he was there. Some very colourful characters during that time and I still see some of the football team from that time. I started working there in 1980 post refurbishment

colourful is an understatement !!! .. them was the days when Blackheath was a real village
    Was you in there the night a bloke drove his motorbike into the bar, did a circuit and left. Gerry didn't even bat an eyelid

• Options
    Brian Moore the football commentator a true gentleman
  • Options
    Jeremy Beadle
  • Options
    Jesus. The tricks he could do with loaves and fishes or turning tap water into a nice drop of Cab Sav made Derren Brown look like an amateur.
  • Options
    Crap goalkeeper though..... no good with crosses.
  • Options
    Charlie Kray; not necessarily glad to have met him, but he had a presence about him that I don't think I've ever encounted since. He's the only famous (or perhaps infamous) person I have met that is no longer with us.

Ian Brown I was glad to have met, but he's still alive....
  • Options
    Max Wall...He used to be a regular in the 3 Tuns, Blackheath (before it became O'Neills) and I used to work behind the bar
    the Three Tuns (and the Crown) was my local back in the 70s .. did you work there when Spanish Gerry was the guvnor, before the dreadful 'refurbishment' ?
    No, But I was an under-age drinker at the time he was there. Some very colourful characters during that time and I still see some of the football team from that time. I started working there in 1980 post refurbishment

colourful is an understatement !!! .. them was the days when Blackheath was a real village
    Was you in there the night a bloke drove his motorbike into the bar, did a circuit and left. Gerry didn't even bat an eyelid
    I missed that one. The most infamous incident (amongst many) I witnessed was Gerry being thrown through the front window (ouch !!) by a couple of out of town heavies, either as a result of not settling a large debt or shagging the wrong woman .. Gerry never 'fessed up to the motive. After picking himself up, Gerry walked back into the pub and carried on serving like nothing had happened. The wild wild west lmao.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rory Gallagher.......
    as Hendrix once stated.....
    Interviewer: So Jimi, what's it like to be the best guitarist in the world?
    Jimi: I dunno, ask Rory Gallagher.
  • Options
    George Best 1983 Piccadilly, doing a slalom walk! Had a chat with him for 5 mins whilst we sat at a bus stop, would have loved to have gone for a drink with him, but was on my way to meet my parents for my graduation ceremony at the Albert Hall!
  • Options
    Music: Rory Gallagher.
    Football: (Sir) Stanley Matthews.
    CAFC: Peter Crocker.
  • Options
    Beryl Bainbridge. Such a down to earth, lovely lady. Loved her fags and vodka.
  • Options
    Music: Rory Gallagher.
    Football: (Sir) Stanley Matthews.
    CAFC: Peter Crocker.
    Rory was such a great guy, and I was fortunate to meet him twice.
    Once at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, and the other at the Black Prince Bexley where he played a warm up gig for I think an american tour.
    The pianist Lou Martin went to Bloomfield my old school, and used to play piano 'classical' ..... Poor guy has had a stroke and does not play as far as I know.
    Glad there is another fan of the man on here.... Have you been to Ballyshanon for the festival.
    Tragic when he died,simply tragic......
  • Options
    My second wife kissed Albert Tatlock and he died a couple of days later!

Always said she was a poisonous cow!
  • Options
    Sailor Brown
    My uncle's best friend and a perfect gentlemen
    A gent indeed, he looked genuinly surprised when I asked him for his autograph
  • Options
    Steve Marriott - top bloke
    Max Wall - as Valley McMoist said, true gent

• Options
    Peter Croker
  • Options
    Steve Maffiott, one of my hero's! Last Friday was the anniversary of his death. RIP Steve Marriott.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    *Marriott (Blaaady phone!)
  • Options
    Les Sealey - what a top bloke! Invited me to his pub when he didn't know me from Adam as a spotty 21 year old, and took time out with me when I visited over in Woodford. RIP big man.....funny guy.
  • Options
    Well I didn't actually meet him but stood about three or four feet from Hendrix for about an hour or two whilst he played at The Bromel Club....Bromley Court Hotel.
  • Options
    Joe Strummer.
  • Options
    Well I didn't actually meet him but stood about three or four feet from Hendrix for about an hour or two whilst he played at The Bromel Club....Bromley Court Hotel.
    Yes, first tour of the uk Sound........
    It was on the club circuit in those days, sadly I never got to see Jimi, still I will meet him in the 'next world'.......
  • Options
    Another one for me would be Sir Bobby Robson.
  • Options
    All the ones I've killed.
  • Options
    More infamous than famous,but Malcolm Hardee.
  • Options
    of course, I forgot Mad Malcolm, the Police Boat sinker from Blackheath
  • Options
    Oh yeah! Fell off his rowing boat didn't he?