Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goddards

edited April 2012 in Not Sports Related
New shop opening in Greenwich today!

Comments

• no Arments but good news
  • Where??
  • Going there tomorrow for a bite
  • Where??
    Where the Cricketers Pub use to be.

goddardsatgreenwich.co.uk/

• This is fantastic news, I was gutted when the last one became a gourmet burger kitchen.

SE10 thankyou for bringing such welcome news, another step in the "weve got our Charlton back" movement...
  • Will be taking a trip down there real soon!
  • might pop down on saturday. Good to see they are going to start serving beer as well. Does anyone know if they have high chairs?
  • edited April 2012
    might pop down on saturday. Good to see they are going to start serving beer as well.
    Result! Be in there every day now!

• might pop down on saturday. Good to see they are going to start serving beer as well. Does anyone know if they have high chairs?
    No but they'll lift you onto the bar if you ask ;-)
  • What's happened to the Shepherd's pie? I hope to see a few different ones in the future, but am looking forward to my long lost steak and kidney pie...
  • Sponsored links:

• Boycot! That's taking the piss.

I could understand Millwall but Palarse?

Piss off to Surrey Goddards.

Manzes and Arments are better anyway.
  • Fair play to Palace for this actually. Quality food from a local supplier. What's not to like.
  • Fair play to Palace for this actually. Quality food from a local supplier. What's not to like.

That we didn't do it !
  • se9addick said:

Fair play to Palace for this actually. Quality food from a local supplier. What's not to like.

That we didn't do it !
    Bingo.

• Palace, is what's not to like. But really, this is glaringly obvious trick that our club has missed out on. Why have we not been selling their pies at the Valley for the last 90 years? Why not sell local food and beer and differentiate ourselves from the rubbish sold at most football grounds.

Totally disagree that their pies are inferior to Manze's. I'd take Goddard's any time.
  • Just another kick in the teeth to me that Charlton have stopped serving pies in favour of the 'bake' fuckoff i don't want a to go to football and have a bake, I want a pie, it's football and pie!

Take note cafc it's ruining my match day!
  • Arments off walworth rd best pie hole in London.

Nice to see a pie and mash shop open rather then close though
  • I'm sure some of you know but have we flogged off the concourse food outlets to some outside caterers ? If we have then we won't I doubt have any say. If we haven't then perhaps an outright campaign to have the food changed could actually work.
  • Not even a food change SHG, but you can't go football and not be able to by a frickin pie! Its something for me that has to happen, I spent years honing my skills eating a pie with little white fork, going in through the top which is smothered in rocking horse and mustard! I'm not letting this go! They said to me that it's because pies are harder to eat than these stupid 'bakes' !
    Who can't eat a pie needs a slap!
  • Sponsored links:

• A pint of meantime and a pie from Goddards should be on the menu at the Valley - two fantastic local producers.
  • se9addick said:

A pint of meantime and a pie from Goddards should be on the menu at the Valley - two fantastic local producers.

Meantime would be too expensive.

• Curb_It said:

se9addick said:

A pint of meantime and a pie from Goddards should be on the menu at the Valley - two fantastic local producers.

Meantime would be too expensive.

How expensive would it be ? How many a sales do we miss out on because people are fed up to the back teeth of drinking that over priced Fosters rubbish ? I think Brighton have showed that it is possible to rethink the sales at concessions inside football stadiums.
  • It's five pound a pint in their bar so how much could they get away with selling it ar a football ground? I'm talking your average football fans' budget here.
  • Curb_It said:

It's five pound a pint in their bar so how much could they get away with selling it ar a football ground? I'm talking your average football fans' budget here.

But the price of a pint in their bar includes lots of other costs (rent of the site on the RNC, staffing costs which must be higher than ours etc). I'm not saying you'd be able to do it for £3.50, possibly £4 a go. Obviously I don't have all the answers, it's simply a suggestion because right now we know that the concession sales, for a number of reasons, are not as lucrative as they should be and one of the main reason for that is the quality of the product.
  • Shepherd Neame is a Kentish Brewery with a fine range of beers. Surely there is a way of getting quality local brews sold at The Valley. It's not as if Shepherd Neame don't already deliver in the area. Their prices would I'm sure be able to compete with the Fosters shite currently available. Who knows, perhaps getting SN involved could lead on to other sponsorships. Wouldn't it be great to see Spitfire on our shirts ?
  • think there may be a ban on alcohol ads/shirt sponsors, could be wrong tho?
  • Or just do Charlton Cocktails! Half a lager, half a cider with a red aftershock dropped in the middle! 4 quid!
  • razil said:

think there may be a ban on alcohol ads/shirt sponsors, could be wrong tho?

Wrong. See Bristol City, Rangers, etc

• Lets face it, we have sold off the food outlets, and we have sold off the club shop. We have no say in what is supplied and sold. They know we will buy it because we need food and will buy most Charlton related items because we are fans!