Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wagstaff: Quality has put Charlton on top

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wagstaff is going to be a star. He has everything except experience. Once he matures and puts it all together he's going to be very hard to stop. Given a full season in a successful side, I can see him hitting 10-12 goals per season from the wing.
  • Options
    For someone who "can't cross", the one he put in for BWP to score v Notts County wasn't bad...

I see Waggy getting better and better with experience, whereas Green does not seem to progress.
  • Options
    Bit unfair on Green- He has been ok in what has been a terrific season - maybe we were expecting a bit more, but I can see him progressing. Same with Waggy - I'm just not sure he is a winger - at least not at a level above league one. I could see him developing as a striker in the hole though at that level and agree we need to keep hold of him to see how he progresses.
  • Options
    Don't forget Green was playing non-league only 3 years ago.

So he's being making a step up each year - CP said he was overawed when he came back to play in our 1st team.

And he's only just 23.
  • Options
    Green was born in July 88 so will be 24 in the summer.

Its a shame that this too often becomes a green V Waggy debate. When Waggy was in the team early on Green fans seemed to feel the need to dismiss or ignore Scott's abiliities to somehow justify DGs inclusion. Now some seem to be doing the same with Green. Both have qualities and flaws and both have played vital roles in our success.

Equally both of them and most if not all of the squad will need to prove themselves at a higher level next term.
  • Options
    Can anyone see Waggy being a winger long term - surely he will be one of those who move into the middle as he becomes stronger, wiser and loses a little pace.
  • Options
    Don't see him being a striker, can do a job behind a physical striker and supporting the midfield, though that's not really the way you'd want to line up every week.

If we go up and need to move to a 4-5-1 at some point his fitness and energy could be useful on the right - it's something you want in the wide players so they can support the main striker.