Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milan v Barca

2»

Comments

• Options
    I believe the blokes behind the goal line are only allowed to make one decision - did the ball cross the line.
    Can anyone confirm if that's actually true? Seems ridiculous if so
  • Options
    I believe the blokes behind the goal line are only allowed to make one decision - did the ball cross the line.
    Can anyone confirm if that's actually true? Seems ridiculous if so
    Not according to this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9171541/Uefa-may-stick-with-extra-assistant-referees-even-if-Fifa-give-go-ahead-to-goal-line-technology.html
    Infantino said using extra officials has an added benefit as they can help the referee rule on more situations than just disputed goals.

"On goal-line technology you can see whether a goal has been scored or not," Infantino said. "An additional assistant next to the goal can see this, but also some other things."
  • Options
    It wasn't hurting Milan because Barca weren't making most of their chances, on any other day they would have capitalised or even won a penalty.
    Or you could say Milan defended very well for their draw
    Give Milan some credit. They could have beaten Barcelona and their chances. Score draw at the Nou Camp and they go through.
    I personally think they did very well. They knew they had to somehow stop Barca from playing their style and I think they did that very well, they should have at least scored a couple themselves. Be interesting to see how they do in the away leg though.

Oh and one more thing, Nesta is an absolute beast, one of my all time favourite players, I had the pleasure of watching him last season and he just dominated everything.
    Agreed. Nesta is one of the best defenders I have seen. Amazing player. I remember at Euro 2000 it was Zidane, Davids and Figo who got all the plaudits, but I personally thought he was the best player at that tournament.
  • Options
    Do goal line officials have the power to award a penalty or even inform the referee?
    Surely they must... otherwise they're just spectators who have been allowed to stand really close to the pitch.
  • Options
    Well the 4th official corrected the ref last year against colchester so I'm sure these officials can help the ref out on other decisions
  • Options
    I was told that by a friend who was a referee. I stand corrected.

So one can only assume that he saw it the same way that me, Red Robin and the referee saw it - not a penalty.
  • Options
    This thread is missing Leroy
    BARCELONA ARE S**T AND THE CITY IS A S***HOLE

here he comes now...
    The second part of your statement is, sadly, largely accurate. The first part is bollocks.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Double post
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Triple post

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Fucking useless edit function
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol.
  • Options
    It's a poor tradesman that blames his tools.
  • Options
    Barcelona aint got a chance!

1-1.
  • Options
    Well done the ref for giving that second pen.
  • Options
    well they were never gonna score from open play.

• Options
    As long as he would penalise Puyol in the same way...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It's a poor tradesman that blames his tools.
    Nothing wrong with my tools! :-0

Can't believe Milan didn't give a pen away , this one could go either way.

• Options
    Barcelona didn't look that special tonight compared to what they usually look. Without Messi Real Madrid would be far better than them.
  • Options
    Bunch of girly cheats.
  • Options
    Wonderful team, but shame they're such relentless cheats. I think that's what separates them from the true greats.