Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Milan v Barca

What a strange passage of play that just was. Barca had the ball for must have been 4 minutes knocking it about and probing, Milan sittign back and not really attacking the ball. Seemed like everyone, including the players and the fans was just waiting for them to create a chance - which they duly did.

Comments

• so many missed chances for both sides! on another day could be 3-3 already
  • some great defending from both sides. especially and obviously milan.
  • Those Milan defenders are blocking every shot, it's amazing.
  • What's the point in them goal line officials if they can't spot a pen 3 yards away
  • Are any of them from Yorkshire?
  • I hate Adrian Chiles.
  • Are any of them from Yorkshire?
    I'm sure one of them has a tattoo on his arm that says 'Terriers'.
  • Probaly decided to lie low and go abroad for a short time!
  • What was spoutin from from keane and southgates gobs, Pure crap..That was one shite game of football , On a very poor pitch surface....
  • the defending was fantastic...but it was an average game...speed of the counter attacks? southgate...what counter attacks?
  • Sponsored links:

• How to contain a side with no physical presence upfront, full backs tuck in and let them cross. Man Us next oppo take note.
  • What's the point in them goal line officials if they can't spot a pen 3 yards away
    Indeed, ridiculous. Still, you could say what's the point in the ref when he apparently never saw the blatant tugging of Puyol's shirt at that corner in the second half.

Also, why is it that the goal line officials always seem to stand the same side of the pitch as the lino? What's the point in that? Surely they should be the other side?

Indeed, ridiculous. Still, you could say what's the point in the ref when he apparently never saw the blatant tugging of Puyol's shirt at that corner in the second half.

Also, why is it that the goal line officials always seem to stand the same side of the pitch as the lino? What's the point in that? Surely they should be the other side?

This

• completely agree about the goal line officials, theres effectively 4 areas to a football pitch if you get what I mean, and they have 4 officials for 2 of the areas as said by Off-It, wheres the sense in that. And Southgate and Keane are awful, they failed as managers and are now failing as pundits IMO. Dont agree that the pitch was awful though, thought it looked ok
  • Wouldn't like to watch that every week, and we complain about our crap referees !
  • Do goal line officials have the power to award a penalty or even inform the referee?

Really enjoyed the game. Great tactical football. Milan just needed a bit of pace up front and the would've beaten Barca. Pato scared the living daylights out of that defence earlier this season. He played just off the shoulder of the defence and beat them for pace every time. Great defending last night too from Milan.
  • Agree about the goal line official, blatant pen, although I would say Sanchez didn't help himself with his star jump fall, at first look I thought it was a dive but then I wasn't stood 3 feet away from the incident. He was probably too scared to give a pen in front of the Curva Sud.
  • Watched this in the hope of a "great game for the neutral" , as the saying goes. Turns out it was rather boring and that neither team could score in a brothel on the night. I accidentally tuned in to Herne Bay vs West Auckland on Radio Kent at the weekend and it sounded more exciting than that!
  • I believe the blokes behind the goal line are only allowed to make one decision - did the ball cross the line. I didn't think it was a pen anyway ( it's all about opinions) the player was losing his footing, the ball was going out of play and he ran into the keepers arms. Had it been one on one at the edge of the box, he would have jumped over the keeper and stuck it in the net.
  • I often watch Barcelona every weekend on TV, they're simply incredible to watch. The ball control each player has is unplayable when at its full potential

At the Nou Camp they will destroy Milan.
  • Sponsored links:

• I often watch Barcelona every weekend on TV, they're simply incredible to watch. The ball control each player has is unplayable when at its full potential

At the Nou Camp they will destroy Milan.
    To be honest I watched some of this last night and Barca looked to be at their full potential, the ball control was amazing and the one touch, tippy tappy football was a delight to watch but it did not seem to hurt Milan and became a little boring after a while, bit like a training session, all they were missing were the bibs.

I am more used to:

BANG (Hamer launching ball upfield), THUD (Kermit winning header and knocking it down)
    YOU LAZY BASTARD (Crowd, referring to BWP as he ables about nowhere near the knock down)

:-)
  • It wasn't hurting Milan because Barca weren't making most of their chances, on any other day they would have capitalised or even won a penalty.
  • At the top of the TV screen it said MIL 0-0 BAR.

Bloke came into the pub and said, "Millwall, Barnsley, no goals yet?"
  • This thread is missing Leroy
  • It wasn't hurting Milan because Barca weren't making most of their chances, on any other day they would have capitalised or even won a penalty.
    Or you could say Milan defended very well for their draw
  • This thread is missing Leroy
    BARCELONA ARE S**T AND THE CITY IS A S***HOLE

here he comes now...
    Indeed they did, but I don't think they will be able to do that a second time running. Barcelona at the Nou Camp seem to be invincible.

• Agree about the goal line official, blatant pen, although I would say Sanchez didn't help himself with his star jump fall, at first look I thought it was a dive but then I wasn't stood 3 feet away from the incident. He was probably too scared to give a pen in front of the Curva Sud.
    The thing with the penalty decison - Sanchez deliberately knocked the ball past the keeper and was playing for the penalty. Ask yourself this: If he'd not deliberately run into the keeper and actually tried to get to the ball, would he have got to the ball? I would argue no. So is that a penalty? What opportunity has he been denied?
    Give Milan some credit. They could have beaten Barcelona and their chances. Score draw at the Nou Camp and they go through.
    Give Milan some credit. They could have beaten Barcelona and their chances. Score draw at the Nou Camp and they go through.
    I personally think they did very well. They knew they had to somehow stop Barca from playing their style and I think they did that very well, they should have at least scored a couple themselves. Be interesting to see how they do in the away leg though.

Oh and one more thing, Nesta is an absolute beast, one of my all time favourite players, I had the pleasure of watching him last season and he just dominated everything.