Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holiday to Turkey - Advice needed

2»

Comments

• Options
    Iam going in May I will let you know when I get back!
    Thanks... Which part are you going?

Have now added a place in Marmaris to the shortlist. Olu Deniz looks very nice too but difficult to find a hotel without bad reviews.
  • Options
    Kalkan is fantastic. Been twice and only place I've revisited. The lykia Residence and spa is a lovely hotel although expensive. Trio restaurant in town is as good as any in london. Most restaurants are very good and there's no chavs or British bars. There's a beach club just down from the lykia which is a beautiful place to spend days lounging.
    Trio was my favorite restaurant there as well, although there are many suitable candidates!
  • Options
    Yes - did you go to the fish terrace? Also very good and stunning views.
  • Options
    Yes - did you go to the fish terrace? Also very good and stunning views.
    Yes the Fish Terrace was another great one. Also loved the Korsan Meze and Korsan Kebab. In fact I don't think in 3 years of going there we went to a 'bad' restaurant!! I wish I was going back this summer now talking about it!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I've been to Kalkan a few times, and its wonderful. Really nice and laid back, with wonderful restaurants. There are also exellent boat trips to do and take in the surrounding scenery, which as you can imagine is amazing.
    I'll 2nd that, also bumped into charlton season ticket holders in a bar, suspect they have gone now though

• Options
    Iam going in May I will let you know when I get back!
    Thanks... Which part are you going?

Have now added a place in Marmaris to the shortlist. Olu Deniz looks very nice too but difficult to find a hotel without bad reviews.

We are Going to the Royal Wings Hotel,Lara Beach,Antayla Bay.Supposed to be nice!
  • Options
    If you are going to Turkey why not take a gander at a few villas? With the building boom loads were built for all price ranges and offer a lot more than sharing a hotel with hundreds of other tourists.

I stayed in one of these villas:

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/turkey/tk21.htm
  • Options
    I am in Turkey at the moment, like everywhere, and trip advisor especially, for every three people that loved it someone else has had a nightmare in the same pkace, I work here 4/5 times a year and find the people/infrastructure/food and climate very agreeable.

I base myself in Canakkale which is around 5 hours south of Istanbul and its a cracking university town/fishing port. Though the main focus here is on the Gallipoli Battlefields of the Great War we have some cracking beaches that are uncrowded and very good swimming, perhaps not an ideal couples location but if this reflects Turkey in general I have always been very impressed
  • Options
    olu deniz --just love it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take diocalm.
  • Options
    Halal meat.............avoid!
  • Options
    ohh christ the germans !!!

they are the rudest bunch of tongs ever !
    The only reassuring thing is , is that they are also rude to one another.

• Options

Had the misfortune to play football with a German on holiday in Bulgaria last summer.5pm every day and was on his team for a couple of days and he insisted on calling me "Tommy" got the right hump if a pass wasn't inch perfect ( he was shite) or I called him "Fritz".He was shouting at everyone,with anything up to probably ten or more languages spoken by the players no one knew what he was on about, he just did my nut.When I got put on the other team I just couldn't resist a tackle that made Huddersfields efforts on Saturday look average,ha ha.
  • Options
    Lived in Kusadasi for 6 months a few years back.....nice place. Kadinlar Deniz (translated as Ladies Beach) would be the best place to stay.

Also Gumbet is small but really sweet.
  • Options
    Been turkey a number of times staying in different places and the best is without a doubt Olu Deniz.
  • Options
    Olu Deniz proving a popular choice
  • Options

Never had a problem with Germans.

Russians...... That's another story!
  • Options
    Went to Hotel Papillon Zeugma in Belek last October, only offered by Cosmos. Recommended by a friend who had been many times before. Check this out on Trip Adviser, practically every rating is excellent and it is well deserved.
  • Options
    Take plenty of under crackers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Halal meat.............avoid!
    I bet you've eaten Halal meat several times, without ever knowing, stupid comment.

Never had a problem with Germans.

Russians...... That's another story!
    o

Quite a few Russians in this part of China, they seem to be either MASSIVE dicks, or really cool.
  • Options
    Stayed at Lara beach - beach werent all that think there must be better locations, also too hot to leave hotel area for the kids