Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holiday to Turkey - Advice needed

edited March 2012 in Not Sports Related
Hi guys... Me & the mrs looking to have a holiday in Turkey this year (2 weeks in September) & could do with some tips on decent reports/places to stay etc. Have been once before (Gumbet) but looking for somewhere a little more laid back with nice beach &restaurants. Any info would be much appreciated...

Comments

• I have stayed in Olu Deniz, beautiful beach, decent hotels. Close to Fethiye and Hisaronu, both decent nights out if you fancy a change
  • I loved Mamaris, cheap as chips, has plenty of decent night life (Bar street) and plenty of places for a quiet relaxing type holiday, top notch scuba diving too.
  • Cappadocia is really chilled and beautiful. Hot air ballooning, amazing natural scenery and living in cave hotels. Sounds weird and hippy but I promise you, it is brilliant. Got internal flight from Istanbul which itself is a great place to visit for a couple of days.
  • Belek !!
    Went there last year and it was amazing, stayed in the atlantis hotel which is 5 star's and right next to the stunning med sea !!

Reccomend it to everyone !
  • I've been to Kalkan a few times, and its wonderful. Really nice and laid back, with wonderful restaurants. There are also exellent boat trips to do and take in the surrounding scenery, which as you can imagine is amazing.
  • Thanks guys will certainly look into... Have also heard good things about Kemer but very little on offer from British holiday firms so thinking could be mainly a German resort
  • The best advice about a holiday in Turkey came from Yazoo.
  • Side and belek are both very nice although side is geared towards the German market.
  • ohh christ the germans !!!

they are the rudest bunch of tongs ever !
  • Olu deniz is great
  • Sponsored links:

• Take high factor cream it's bloody hot
  • At night time in belek in mid august was 30 degress !!
    And 36 in daytime !
  • Lykia World,Olu Dinez. 10 out of 10
  • I would vote for staying in Fethiye and taking day trips to Olu Dinez rather than the other way around.
  • Of the beaten track and where most Turks go is Kas (pronounced Cash). The beaches are pebble, hence few Europeans, but very chilled and if you stay on the peninsula it's very quiet but only £2 into town on the dolmus at night which is full of bars and restaurants.

Plus some great boat trips to sunken cities that you can swim through.
  • Icemaler is a fantastic place, next resort along from Marmaris
  • Olu Deniz is in the south west of turkey near fethiye. I met many Turkish holiday goers there. possibly one of the most stunning places i have ever seen. and many excursions to go on. would recommend it to even the most traveled person.
  • Me and my girlfriend stayed in the Marmaris Imperial. It's an all inclusive adults only hotel just across the bay from Marmaris. Buses can go to city but if you want to just chill out it has private beach and two private pools. Think it's only available through Thompson
  • Keeping me very busy with the on-line searching today... Have found a nice looking place in Kalkan but still searching. Thanks again :)
  • I've only been once - to Marmaris which is a bit of a concrete eyesore on the outskirts but ok in the centre and if you have a car you can escape to a few smaller villages, towns. Bar street is prety laid back and when I was there in late October it was still t-shirt and shorts weather so in September it should still be very warm.

Also worth visiting are Ephesus and Pamulkale, both need a fair bit of time and can be done from Marmaris and back in a day, but it'll be a long day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't go.....cancel!
  • Don't go.....cancel!
    To Turkey or Kalkan??
  • Olu Deniz.

Or http://www.elvinobodrum.com which is a boutique hotel in Bodrum which of course is far from laid back, but this fabulous little hotel is something of an oasis of calm in a bustling town. Me and Mrs Hutchens stayed there last year and it was excellent.
  • Keeping me very busy with the on-line searching today... Have found a nice looking place in Kalkan but still searching. Thanks again :)
    I cant recommend Kalkan highly enough. Lovely place.
    I cant recommend Kalkan highly enough. Lovely place.
    Where's the nicest place you have stayed in Kalkan?
  • Forget Turkey, come to Albufeira and see us - we can point you in the right direction for anything you want!
  • Iam going in May I will let you know when I get back!
  • Forget Turkey, come to Albufeira and see us - we can point you in the right direction for anything you want!
    Algarve, if you can recommend any decent hotels I will certainly have a look on-line.
  • Kalkan is fantastic. Been twice and only place I've revisited. The lykia Residence and spa is a lovely hotel although expensive. Trio restaurant in town is as good as any in london. Most restaurants are very good and there's no chavs or British bars. There's a beach club just down from the lykia which is a beautiful place to spend days lounging.