Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I don't know! the things I do for work thread

edited March 2012 in Not Sports Related
Going to have to go to Zanzibar tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    oh what a f*cking trial that must be for ya! ; )
  • Options
    Can I come?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Can I come?
    Probably, try Penthouse Centrefold.
  • Options
    Lovely place. Went there last year - the Asli chicken curry is awesome.

:o)
  • Options
    No good. Tried that.
  • Options
    Going to Croydon tomorrow for work... Wanna swap?
  • Options
    3 hours sleep between two 15 hour shifts. Why oh why.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Lovely place. Went there last year - the Asli chicken curry is awesome.

:o)
    unfortunately a vegetarian (posted by Kimbo, on Hubbies account!)

• Options
    My company think the are doing you a favour if we have to go to another country on business.
    We don't get any extra dough for the inconvenience just days in lieu if it falls on a weekend. Have been to Amsterdam, USA and a few others. Speaking as someone who hates traveling, it really pees me off. I enjoy my life and don't need to visit other countries to get my kicks. Unless its hols with my family. And before any one comments 'you must have known when you took the job'? No they introduced it last year when we got some new clients.
    Bah!!
  • Options
    My boss was in Vegas last week working, I get flippin' Dublin!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In two weeks' time, I have a week where I will be in Jakarta on Monday, Singapore on Tuesday, Hong Kong on Wednesday and Thursday and Kuala Lumpur on Friday. "Lucky you", say some. Take a look at a map.
  • Options
    Playing golf near Chippenham tomorrow for work then out for the night in Bristol, tough call...
  • Options
    Going to have to go to Zanzibar tomorrow.
    Say hello to the Zanzibarbarians for me.

• Options
    Sister is an air stewardess with BA and she said to me last week, actually gutted:

"Was sposed to be flying to Orlando and I really wanted to do some shopping but now they've put me on a 3 day stop over
    to the Bahamas"

Struggled for sympathy after working in North Acton for the last 18 months.
  • Options
    My company think the are doing you a favour if we have to go to another country on business.
    We don't get any extra dough for the inconvenience just days in lieu if it falls on a weekend. Have been to Amsterdam, USA and a few others. Speaking as someone who hates traveling, it really pees me off. I enjoy my life and don't need to visit other countries to get my kicks. Unless its hols with my family. And before any one comments 'you must have known when you took the job'? No they introduced it last year when we got some new clients.
    Bah!!

Absolutely at last someone understands
  • Options
    Same in my last job - had to go to Brussels for 2 days (staying overnight) - first Eurostar out, last one back, entertaining the client in the evening. For this I was paid 2 days, no overtime. Nice hotel, I suppose...
  • Options
    Working a stones throw from The Den tomorrow..........
  • Options
    Throw one for me
  • Options
    In two weeks' time, I have a week where I will be in Jakarta on Monday, Singapore on Tuesday, Hong Kong on Wednesday and Thursday and Kuala Lumpur on Friday. "Lucky you", say some. Take a look at a map.
    Similar here next week, Dubai Monday, Saudi Tuesday, Doha Wednesday ... at least I am then there for a week.
  • Options
    Similar here next week, Dubai Monday, Saudi Tuesday, Doha Wednesday ... at least I am then there for a week.
    I don't really deserve too much sympathy. I head from Kuala Lumpur to Sri Lanka after that to watch the Test Match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread makes me feel so sad-you poor souls traveling around the world as part of your job and not even getting paid overtime while you're away? That's a joke and if I were you, i'd be knocking on my boss' door today to sort it out. I'm sure he'll understand......
  • Options
    i have to drive past sellhurst park twice on a friday to do a pickup in croydon, i always manage to give it a 2 fingerd salute as i pass in my van which the back doors have CAFC and Chris Powells red army written in big letters in the dirt..
  • Options
    Working a stones throw from The Den tomorrow..........
    How many have you chucked today?
  • Options
    This thread makes me feel so sad-you poor souls traveling around the world as part of your job and not even getting paid overtime while you're away? That's a joke and if I were you, i'd be knocking on my boss' door today to sort it out. I'm sure he'll understand......
    I'm not fond of travel and don't really have to do much of it but what little I have done is nowhere near as glamorous as people imagine. It's generally: airport > taxi > hotel > taxi > meeting > taxi > hotel > taxi > airport.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    or "she"

Lose the question mark in the thread title and I'd probably fit in more ;-) ..... the "I don't know the things I do for work thread"
  • Options
    I'm not fond of travel and don't really have to do much of it but what little I have done is nowhere near as glamorous as people imagine. It's generally: airport > taxi > hotel > taxi > meeting > taxi > hotel > taxi > airport.

That's my experience - all hotels in the main chains look the same the world over once you get inside them and you only get to see the country you are in from the back of a speeding taxi.
  • Options
    I don't really deserve too much sympathy. I head from Kuala Lumpur to Sri Lanka after that to watch the Test Match.
    It is only HK that is a bit of a trek, the others are quite short flights.
    Wish I still worked in Singapore..
  • Options

Thats about right, its dull, if you arent interested in other countries then it is double dull!
  • Options
    to clarify i am a she. Zanzibar very hot, been in a stuffy conference room all day, just ate the worst pizza of my life and could easily kill for a cup of tea. The tea is actually ok but then they put hot sweetened condensed milk into it - yuk
  • Options
    My boss was in Vegas last week working, I get flippin' Dublin!
    LV is great for 2 / 3 days max; but Dublin is much more fun. And they don't water down the beer.