Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man United Scouts At Chesterfield Game?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Those mentioned: Hamer, Morrison, Solly, Wiggins and I have a sneaky feeling that Hollands might be highly rated by the discerning manager; he's unobtrusive, tough, great positional sense, a good passer and tackler, a cool head. It'll be very interesting to see how he makes out next season.
  • Options
    I'm sure other clubs will be watching many of our players, and if we somehow managed to not get promoted this season, then I'm sure a few flight be tempted to leave.

However, assuming we go up, I can't see why any would want to join another Championship club (unless they were offering silly money/wages) and realistically, the number of players who've successfuly jumped from L1 to the PL in one bound is quite small.
  • Options
    Those mentioned: Hamer, Morrison, Solly, Wiggins and I have a sneaky feeling that Hollands might be highly rated by the discerning manager; he's unobtrusive, tough, great positional sense, a good passer and tackler, a cool head. It'll be very interesting to see how he makes out next season.
    i agree. charlton scouts got it spot on in the summer beyond all our expectations. i'm most suprised at the impact matt taylor has had. how on earth he was at exeter approaching 30 i will never know. i can't remember him having a bad game. great signing.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i agree. charlton scouts got it spot on in the summer beyond all our expectations. i'm most suprised at the impact matt taylor has had. how on earth he was at exeter approaching 30 i will never know. i can't remember him having a bad game. great signing.</</b>blockquote>

Good post .. it's one thing for scouts to see the potential and the skills of a particular player, quite another to have the strategic jigsaw puzzle solving ability to see how various players will fit in alongside one another

• Options
    No other games going on, Rhodes on international duty, might as well go see what the fuss is about with Charlton, and if you're a Championship scout, see what you might come against next season