Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Bit Of Fun* Pubs and Nightclubs of the past

12346»

Comments

• Options
    The lifer or the boozer?
  • Options
    Nice pub the dacre arms
  • Options
    Torture Garden. Pretty sure @riscardo was a frequenter of that particular establishment. Something about rugby league players in rubber Chelsea kits!
    Yes but this is for clubs no longer around, that ones is definitely still de rigeur
  • Options
    The wine bar at the top of Wellington Street Woolwich?
  • Options
    Nice pub the dacre arms
    My local!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jazzmins and Bebas in Bromley.
    Regular poster on here was a VIP Life Gold Member at Bebas......

Wonder if he'll admit to it?

Chirpy, you can get in a lot of trouble for "outing" people don't you know. Anyway, I was just waiting for someone to mention the aforementioned club.

Frequented a few in my time:

Zoom Zoom
    Marlowe Rooms
    Flicks
    Bebas
    Dun Cow
    Prince Albert
    Empire Leicester Square
    Cinderellas
    Blue Orchid
    Blitz
    Grasshopper
    Crazy Larrys

et al (the ones I was too drunk to remember)

By way of Karma I now go out less than the Olympic Torch does.
  • Options
    Talk of the Town - Dartford
  • Options
    The Pavillion, at the end of that road where the foot tunnel and ferry go to over on the wrong side of the water.

Used to get chucked out of there at about 7am, and then walk through the tunnel off our tits. Now that was freaky.
  • Options
    Any of you older Dartford boys remember the Dartford YMCA disco's top of West Hill in the 1970's. Great nights in there. Two disco's always big crowds on Saturday. Coachloads from all over. Happy days.
  • Options

Chirpy, you can get in a lot of trouble for "outing" people don't you know. Anyway, I was just waiting for someone to mention the aforementioned club.

Zoom Zoom
    Marlowe Rooms
    Flicks
    Bebas
    Dun Cow
    Prince Albert
    Empire Leicester Square
    Cinderellas
    Blue Orchid
    Blitz
    Grasshopper
    Crazy Larrys

When you say Crazy Larrys do you mean the Crazy Larrys that used to be in Chelsea? I had some great nights in there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    PS By way of Karma I now go out less than times a

Zoom Zoom
    Marlowe Rooms
    Flicks
    Bebas
    Dun Cow
    Prince Albert
    Empire Leicester Square
    Cinderellas
    Blue Orchid
    Blitz
    Grasshopper
    Crazy Larrys

When you say Crazy Larrys do you mean the Crazy Larrys that used to be in Chelsea? I had some great nights in there!
    That will be the one. Two things I remember - the rather tasty twins on the door (female I should add by way of clarification) and the other being their for a birthday celebration with one of the female members of the group ending up in hospital with alcohol poisoning.
  • Options
    Green Man, top of Blackheath Hill, back in late 60s, early 70s. Some terrific jazz nights in there.
  • Options
    I remember the Dartford YMCA, God that must have been 1972 I was 15 and went to dartford Tec for boys. We all used to go on sat night. A little earlier wec went bto Co-Op Hall in Town centre and Green Huts on temple Hill, both Reggae Tamla Mowtown nights.
  • Options
    Flicks in Dartford and Ts In Erith.Marlowe rooms for grab a granny where I"met" a "lady" with our badge tattoed on her arse.
    Richie!! Hello - is that you?? I always wondered where you ended up.

Im suspicious,which cheek??????? lol
  • Options
    The lifer or the boozer?
    Lifer still exists - pub no longer!
  • Options
    Great thread this , I've been to many of these places and had some cracking nights out .

I remember T's when you used to have to get tickets for Christmas Eve and New Years eve in ADVANCE . And still queue down the road . Them were the days ...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Christmas Eve from 1982-1988 we used to do an Eltham High St pub crawl. In '82 it would have been Man of Kent, Rising Sun, The Castle, The Carpenters Arms, Park Tavern, The Greyhound, The Crown, The Kings Arms (or was it Head?) Chequers and finish at The White Hart.
    Not many of those left and the few that are are nothing like they were 30 years ago. The Crown is the least changed I guess, the bar is in a different posistion now.
  • Options
    Bibas Bromley - Hadn't planned on going there and a couple of us were wearing trainers. The bouncer pointed to the burger van outside and said that he hires out shoes.

In town - Buzz Bar in Panton Street; Bad Bobs; The Wag Club; Tiger Tiger.
  • Options
    Well how about the Wag, Mud Club, Doo at the Zoo, Release the Presure, Shoom
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/leisure/latest/11043165.Chislehurst_nightclub_brings_back_classic_Bon_Bonne_night/?ref=eb

Chislehurst will be transported back in time to a place where Gucci loafers and Moschino jeans were all the rage.

The Lounge in Chislehurst hosts a bi-monthly Bon Bonne reunion, kicking off on March 14 and featuring original Bon Bonne DJ's Martin Cee and Scottie Anderson.

Club manager James London, 34, from Chislehurst, said: “In the nine years I’ve been running this place it’s the quickest night I’ve known for ticket sales. They sell out literally within a day of going on sale.

“We get a good older crowd in, aged from around 30 up to 50. Martin and Scottie put on some good club classics and really get the place going.”

From the late seventies, through the eighties and into the mid-to-late nineties, the Bon Bonne –in Herne Hill – stood tall among London’s top nightclubs.

On the former club, London said: “The Bon Bonne was one of those clubs that was known across the whole of south London for putting on great nights.

“I was one of the last generations that went there before it eventually shut.

“So when Martin Cee and Scottie Anderson approached me needing a bigger venue to put their nights on I was really up for it.”

http://www.theloungechislehurst.co.uk/n/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Polo Bar was owned by my godfather Kevin, don't think
    SE8 Deptford
    Dorringtons
    Have been mentioned
  • Options
    I'm going to the bon bonne reunion. Not that I ever went to bon bonne in her herne hill. Mum is from there and never let me go when I was 17 as it was a 'bad area'. But my sis in law and mates all went. Went to the reunion in November too. With livin' joy live PA. Was a good laugh. They've been hosting them at the lounge for about a year I reckon. I like it as I feel young!!! Will be in a state by midnight I'm sure as will be at millwall game in the day.
  • Options
    the greyhound,lee church st. the joiners Lewisham,squire downham,club musics next door.kebab town.sherwoods Bermondsey. the swan lee high road. new &old tigers head lee.