Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Bit Of Fun* Pubs and Nightclubs of the past

Comments

• Options
    Goonerhater, were you down Flamingos when that traveller decided to stick his pint glass in my face? It was someones birthday I think, possible DC's, and there were a few out for it?

I can remember when one someone stuck a Blackpool B&B door in your head (accidentally, may i add) :-)
    Yeah, that rings a bell with me too!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Great story Adam

Adam do you remember the time we went on holiday with Will, Jay, Neil and Simon on a lads holiday to Malia, we went on the booze cruise and half way through you realise that the bird you fancied was on the beach so you thought it would be a good idea to swim to shore.... You dived in and nearly drowned

oh how we all laughed
  • Options
    Did the disco next to the Shakespeare in Woolwich have a name (apart from hellhole)? Had some interesting nights there.
  • Options
    Aquarium, booooom!
  • Options
    Turnmills RIP
  • Options
    Stage 3 and island Hotel Lazedown Isle of Sheppy.
    Golden Lion Sydneham sat Night Robbie Vincent
    Saxon tavern
    Bexley Utd Friday Jeff Young
    Black prince Thursday
    Moat Hotel Wrotham Thursday
    Room At The Top, Oscars & The Lacy Lady Ilford.
    Cheeks /Champs ( Trevor Roomes shot and died outside, his brother gunter was with us in them days).
    Sampsons, Drovers, Dunn Cow Caulkers, China Hall, princess wales, Henry Cooper, Old kent Road
    Saxon Tavern! Del Stevens rock nights!
    The Downham tavern used to have live music in the hall at the back, was it called the Bal Tabrin?
    White Swan in Greenwich high road
    The Tramshed in Woolwich
    The Tigers Head in Catford

• Options
    yates in lewisham

• Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2012
    i am going back a bit here but ....the Saxon tavern,tites as then was in beckenham ,the 3 tuns in beckenham,the king and queen (mottingham) ,fox under the hill,welcome inn and on the odd ocassion the Northover ,the Royal Albert deptford and not forgetting cinatras .the cats whiskers and bon bonnies
    I remember most of these. Also, the daylight Inn, Petts Wood. The Crypt in Woolwich.
  • Options
    Hilltop - Purley Orchid - Scamps Croydon - Knoll Country Club - Bickley Arms - Zoom Zoom - Marlowe Rooms - Tites - Biggin Hill Country Club

Happy Days
  • Options
    Big Rob no wasnt there. Used to go when gary F etc did the door, thats if we didnt get pulled into Spooks by some of the Bmob on the way past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turnmills
    Freedom at Bagleys
    Strawberry Sundaes in Vauxhall

Great Days
  • Options
    Epping Forest Country Club - When they did 'Splash' was awesome!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    yates in lewisham

Possible the worst pub in London, good riddance!

No doubt someone will claim it was the best...

Club X & Astoria 2 are two that have gone to make way for Cross rail.
  • Options
    Epping Forest Country Club - When they did 'Splash' was awesome!
    How could I forget.
    Now a Virgin Active and rubbish restaurant.

• Options
    yates in lewisham

Possible the worst pub in London, good riddance!

No doubt someone will claim it was the best...

Club X & Astoria 2 are two that have gone to make way for Cross rail.
    it was pretty dire i have to agree. dont think anything has replaced it though, being next to lewisham high street you think it would. by like a place with meat and second hand phones.
  • Options
    Vauxhall Tavern, had some great times in there....
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    bon bonne, cat's whiskers, lautrecs,champs,bridewells,blue orchid,deja vu

all a good laugh but bon bonne's best of my ugly bunch
  • Options
    Where was the el partido in lewisham soundas?
    Up a steep stairway above the shops next door to The Sultan pub in Lee High Road.
    The Sultan is no more but it was on the corner of Lee High Road and Clarendon Road, about two hundred yards or so from Lewisham clock tower.

• Options
    Cut my teeth in the Broomfield Church Hall Discotheque, circa 1974. Happy days. Used to be a young lady in huge platform boots we nicknamed Moonstomper. Smooching to Donny Osmond and David Cassidy. Where have all the good times gone?
  • Options
    Black Bull, Lewisham.
    Knights, Brownhill Road Catford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watermen's Arms, anyone ? ;)
  • Options
    Where was the el partido in lewisham soundas?
    Up a steep stairway above the shops next door to The Sultan pub in Lee High Road.
    The Sultan is no more but it was on the corner of Lee High Road and Clarendon Road, about two hundred yards or so from Lewisham clock tower.

Those now a club near the clocktower called Sahara, which I'll give a miss! Apparently it plays a lot of 80s.
  • Options
    Watermen's Arms, anyone ? ;)
    Last time I went in there was when we'd just got back from Old Trafford, FA Cup 1/4 1994.
  • Options
    Some terrific memories there. I lost part of my youth in nearly all of the aforementioned places.

Who remembers the Old Trading Post in Bexleyheath? Drink yourself around the world. Had some big nights in there.

The Prince Albert in Deptford on a Sunday. Gilly's around the back of the Old Kent Road. Lazy Toad in Beckenham then all back to the Catford Cricket Club - secret knock on the back door and drink til dawn. Ah, great days.
    i could write a book about ccc

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Magdala - East Dulwich, Black Bull - Ladywell, Spotted Cow - Ladywell, King Alfred/Saxon - Southend Road, Boobs - Croydon, Tavern in the Town - Croydon, Golden Lion - Sydenham (Robbie Vincent playing 'The Farting Olympics' on old 78s!), Edinburgh Castle - Peckham....
  • Options
    Magdala - East Dulwich, Black Bull - Ladywell, Spotted Cow - Ladywell, King Alfred/Saxon - Southend Road, Boobs - Croydon, Tavern in the Town - Croydon, Golden Lion - Sydenham (Robbie Vincent playing 'The Farting Olympics' on old 78s!), Edinburgh Castle - Peckham....
    yep forgot about the mag and the blackbull

i must confess to seeing the strippers in flanagans black bull sunday lunchtimes post football in the 70s

• Options
    Temple Bar - Walworth Road (for strippers). Swiss Tavern - Forest Hill, Tiger's Head - Bellingham, Northover - Downham
  • Options
    What about Daphne's on the Sidcup By-Pass, it was part of the Dutch House?
  • Options
    Black Bull, Lewisham.
    Knights, Brownhill Road Catford.
    me to.