Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is he going to support?

Hi All,

Vaguely remember a thread about the guy that designed the above Valley Party poster.... Following on from this, does anyone know if there is a (good quality) picture of the poster hidden away anywhere on the internet as would love it as my wallpaper.

Thanks in advance
JC

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    There's one on here...ill find it

EDIT....my mistake i was thinking of this but it is just photo of the picture http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/46264/for-sale-charlton-posters-inc-two-valley-party-posters-for-sale-5pm-close-today#Item_34
  • Options
    Nice try Rodders, it was that thread that got me thinking!
  • Options
    I was the campaign manager, and I'm afraid what you are looking for probably doesn't exist. It was created before the digital age, and so unless someone scanned one of the mini-proofs, there would be nothing official available. Sorry to say.
  • Options
    My brother keeps promising to scan the posters (he is a print buyer and an ex VP candidate) so we can reproduce them to sell at reasonable prices to the masses.
  • Options
    Tell him to get on with it. I would love to have them framed and up in our hallway.
  • Options
    Thanks Chaps,

Its a shame really, as although I was young at the time, it brings back so many memories and makes me smile!

Henry, chase your brother!

Finally, who was the kid? Was he ever / is he still a fan?!

• Options
    Anyone else got the 4 posters framed that the club sold a few years ago?
  • Options
    Anyone who sees him on Saturday tell me to do it. He's the guy sitting next to me in the Lib and the East stand so you can't miss him
    Five posters wasn't it.

Anyway good article here from a good series on the Valley Party.

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/34229/the-valley-party-twenty-years-on-part-4-the-advertising-campaign

• Options
    Anyone who sees him on Saturday tell me to do it. He's the guy sitting next to me in the Lib and the East stand so you can't miss him
    Five posters wasn't it.

Anyway good article here from a good series on the Valley Party.

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/34229/the-valley-party-twenty-years-on-part-4-the-advertising-campaign

There may have been five actual posters. The campaign was before my time. But the thing I have was a limited edition from the club, mines 75 of 100.

Posters are:
    Remember when you were proud to come from Charlton?
    Sam Bartram can't save Charlton this time. But you can.
    If you don't support us, who is he going to support?
    If the council has its way, we'll never see this sort of traffic problem again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redcarter, don't remember the framed posters. I remember buying them "loose" so to speak and they are up in the loft somewhere
  • Options
    sorry its sideways
  • Options
    I bought them loose from the club shop, got them framed and have them hanging up in the hall. I have the four listed by Redcarter. I do remember a fifth poster, though, but not sure it was ever for sale. The line was "Let's send the Council to Croydon and see how they like it".
  • Options
    Nice one, Redcarter. My four are framed individually.
  • Options
    sorry its sideways
    Very nice. Must get mine framed similar to that.

• Options
    We have it up in Floyd's Bar. I think there was a fifth poster but it was just a one off in a particular location near The Valley. Then again I might be making that up. Richard will confirm or otherwise I am sure.
  • Options
    Thanks Chaps,

Its a shame really, as although I was young at the time, it brings back so many memories and makes me smile!

Henry, chase your brother!

Finally, who was the kid? Was he ever / is he still a fan?!

The kid is unknown according to Rick Everitt's book Battle For The Valley. Excellent book btw.
  • Options
    apologies for the poor quality

• Options
    And there is this, the great "lost" VP poster

• Options
    And there is this, the great "lost" VP poster

That is not one of the five VP posters. That was the VIP scehme a year and a half later.

The fifth poster not in the frame has no picture, it simply says lets send the council to Croydon and see how they like it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A little before my time but would love copies if the club ever sold them, to put in my studio.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If the club could knock those framed posters out they'd sell.
  • Options
    If the club could knock those framed posters out they'd sell.
    If only we knew who owns the copyright/IP and some printers ............!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Excellent thread, the links within the links (if that makes sense) don't work. Would it be at all possible to post parts 1-5 of this facinating subject up ? & anything else relating to it, perhaps in a section of it's own for people to add their own memories of the time ?
  • Options
    Excellent thread, the links within the links (if that makes sense) don't work. Would it be at all possible to post parts 1-5 of this facinating subject up ? & anything else relating to it, perhaps in a section of it's own for people to add their own memories of the time ?
    bump a few of them Bob

• Options
    Found my posters, still in the plastic bag they came in.

All five including the "Let's send the council to Croydon" one not featured in the framed pics.

To frame or not to frame?
  • Options
    Henry - can I speak to your print buying Charlton supporting brother as Im a print selling Charlton supporter? Freemasonry and all that !
  • Options
    Henry,

Do you have the means to scan and send?!

JC
  • Options
    Henry - can I speak to your print buying Charlton supporting brother as Im a print selling Charlton supporter? Freemasonry and all that !
    No, as he tells me off for doing that. Honestly he does.
  • Options
    Henry,

Do you have the means to scan and send?!

JC
    No, one because they are too big (they are shrunk down but poster dimensions) and two because I don't have a quality scanner. Hence the need for my brothers's skills/contacts.