Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stevenage.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Corr equaliser
  • Options
    We stumbled upon the second half of this game in a pub and thoroughly enjoyed it. As well as Parrett's excellent goal, other highlights for me were the outsized stomach of Stevenage's Charlie Lee and the magnificent beard of Southend's Gary Deegan. Joe Piggot showed a few nice touches after he came on 10 minutes from the end, coming short and laying off some good passes. The guy certainly has a football brain.

There was also a very good substitute turn from one of our former lads, Myles Arthur Eugene Wesley Weston. Interesting to think that, back in October, 2010, he was running rings around one Simon Francis at Griffin Park. Afraid I remember that first half all too vividly - http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/37104/inquest-into-brentford-v-charlton
  • Options
    First half was rubbish - I think Corr should have been sent off in the first half. Piggot came on for last 10 and looked to be his level.
  • Options
    Only saw that clash of heads yesterday in the pub (on Sky) couldn't believe that the Stevenage bloke played on for the rest of the 1st half, as for the other fella I had to look away...15 stitches, very nasty gash.
  • Options
    I seriously hope we never have to play Stevenage ever again. Ever. Even in a cup match.
  • Options
    I thought this thread was going to be summer holiday advice, hotel recommendations etc