Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Derby

So, who do we want to win. We are now 11 points ahead of Wednesday, plus we have 2 games in hand and there are only 16 games to go (for us anyway)....are they now out of the race...and if so would we prefer them to win so we can open a wider gap v United and the race to the Championship? Think I will sit on the fence and hope for a draw!

Comments

• Options
    Win the home games, we're 12 clear of United, 17 of Wednesday, so a draw would be nice
  • Options
    Draw. So they both drop points.
  • Options
    yes defo United - want to win this thing now
  • Options
    Sheffield Weds as we will win our 2 games in our hands!
  • Options
    I'd be happy if Sheff Utd and us ran away with the league. I'm not that fussed if we finish second either. Promotion is the aim
  • Options
    SheffU need a bit of a blip so Wendies winning is best ... however as I think they are arrogant fools I back the Blades
  • Options
    when is it
  • Options
    All evidence points towards United winning so I think Wednesday will nick it. That would be the better result,
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'd be happy if Sheff Utd and us ran away with the league. I'm not that fussed if we finish second either. Promotion is the aim
    Id be gutted for the players and CP for leading for so long and throwing it away. Agree that id take 2nd place and guaranteed promotion now without a doubt but I think winning the league would instil a winning mentality and put us in good stead for next season mentally.
  • Options
    we drew a game, for gawd sake, we're still just 6 (SIX) points clear, with a better goal difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    when is it
    Tomorrow week, Sunday

• Options
    is it on the box?
  • Options
    Definitely want a Wed win but think it will finish 1-1. You can't tell with games like this though.
  • Options
    Of the two I much prefer United, but really hope Wednesday win next week; United could be a real threat to us still, but I'd be amazed if the Wendies could be now.
  • Options
    ta oggy
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Don't really care what the result is.

Charlton just need to take 6 out of 6 points beforehand.

• Options
    we drew a game, for gawd sake, we're still just 6 (SIX) points clear, with a better goal difference.
    I agree with your point that we're still looking very good - but the goal difference is negligible:
    If Sheffield U make up those six points, they'll need two wins while we suffer two defeats. This gives a minimum goal difference swing of four goals - so 5 goals as it stands is nothing really.
  • Options
    sooner that Wednesday won although I prefer the Blades as a club
  • Options
    Purely selfish reasons i want the massive team to win next week. After that they can crash and burn and almost certainly will.
  • Options
    I agree with your point that we're still looking very good - but the goal difference is negligible:
    If Sheffield U make up those six points, they'll need two wins while we suffer two defeats. This gives a minimum goal difference swing of four goals - so 5 goals as it stands is nothing really.
    And we've got udders away to play which is a tough match and stevenage at home. can anyone provide their ficture list?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Draw if we win tuesday put the gap to 7 point from us to united and 13 from wendies with 2 games in hand :)
  • Options
    As long as we finish top two I don't care what the others do.
  • Options
    They've still got exeter away, mk dons, stevenage and tranmere so it's not all easy for them either
  • Options
    @dizzee And we've got udders away to play which is a tough match and stevenage at home. can anyone provide their ficture list?

look at the BBC site for fixtures, it's all there
  • Options
    @dizzee And we've got udders away to play which is a tough match and stevenage at home. can anyone provide their ficture list?

look at the BBC site for fixtures, it's all there
    Thanks, I found it on Teamtalk
  • Options
    Won't care if we win our two homes games this week.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Forthcoming midweek fixtures:

Brentford v Carlisle ... Mon 20 Feb
    Charlton v Rochdale ...Tues 21 Feb
    MK Dons v Bury ..........Tues 21 Feb
    Scunthorpe v Walsall ...Tues 21 Feb
    Notts C v Stevenage ... Wed 22 Feb

If MKD win, they will be on 55 points (same as Huddersfield)
    If Stevenage win, they will be on 51 points (with 3 games in hand on Sheff Weds)

Currently:
    3rd Weds......... 32 games 57 points
    4th Hudders .... 30 games 55 points
    5th MKD .......... 30 games 52 points
    6th Stevenage .. 28 games 48 points

• Options
    don't like wednesday - would like sheff u to stuff the arrogant so and so's
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    You have to be a tactical voter here, Kap.

A Sheff United victory would mean 4 defeats (5 including their Cup hammering) on the trot for the Massives.

Is a draw the best outcome, meaning both sides drop points?
  • Options
    I think Utd will win 2-0 but I'd prefer Wednesday to win for our sakes.