Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter

13»

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't surprise me, Pete.

Some of the Wendies are now turning on Megson for his arrogance - surely he's not so thick as to think that denigrating teams is not going to give them the perfect motivation to stick it up your team when you condescend to visit their grounds? Going to places like Exeter (or even playing them at home, TBH) is hard enough without you doing the motivational team talk for them so they play out of their skins to get back at you....

We appear to have learnt our lessons and treat such opponents with respect....go around giving it billy big bollox and all the 'massive' attitude and you are really setting yourselves up for a fall. Until they lose that mentality and Megson learns to be a bit more respectful and humble they are not going to get out of this league IMHO.

Nice one Exeter BTW!
  • Options

Nice one Exeter BTW!

You have to go to these clubs and show them respect, as you say denigrating them is just a great way to motivate them.

I think we had an element of "we are too big for this league" it has taken us best part of 3 seasons to accept that we were in this league for a good reason, my experience of sitting in the Wednesday main stand a few weeks back tells me they are a very long way from accepting that.

Megson himself gets precisely what he deserves, I dont like his style of football and I really do not like the way he conducts himself.

Personally I have enjoyed my visits to some of the outposts of League 1 and have found them pretty welcoming, and a it of an adventure usually the smaller ones are 100% better.
  • Options
    We have players throughout the team that can and do score goals, so BWP's barren spell has not been such an issue, with Madine drying up Sheff Weds have struggled, the same can be said for Huddersfield, if you stop Rhodes you stop the team. Credit the CAFC fans for understanding that.
  • Options
    A couple of cracking free kicks from Exeter - Wednesday really do need to stop conceding free kicks on the edge of the box.

Megson also needs to have a word with himself. I see he administered another public bollocking to his players. I'd have thought that he's been in the game long enough to know that you can play that card so many times. It also smacks of a manager under serious pressure - which, of course, he is, with Mandaric probably second only to Abramovic in the "lack of patience" stakes.
  • Options
    Limited manager in limited tactic shocker

You can't teach an old dog new tricks , he won't be there next season