Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any cars for sale?

I have just recently passed my driving test and i'm looking out for a car, I'm just wondering if any of you know about any Corsa's or Clio's for sale, relatively cheap and around 1ltr-1.2ltr. If you hear of anything please let me know, thank you very much
Greenie Junior

Comments

• just sold a 1.2 corsa yesterday, but be aware good ones are like rocking horse shit, i would go for a seat ibiza or something similar for a first car. stay away from saxo's and clios etc
  • Fiats are a decent budget buy - depreciate, but are much better built nowdays than their reputation.
  • just sold a 1.2 corsa yesterday, but be aware good ones are like rocking horse shit, i would go for a seat ibiza or something similar for a first car. stay away from saxo's and clios etc
    I'm only 17 years old and im just basing my search on cheaper insurance, heard some good things about clio's. My preferance is to a corsa but i have a budget and it's hard getting one that fits in that budget. Thanks for the advice though mate.
    Fiats are a decent budget buy - depreciate, but are much better built nowdays than their reputation.
    Ye i quite liked them but my Dad and his mate said they wern't any good as if it does go wrong that parts are a mare to get hold of so they cost more
  • edited February 2012
    M reg 1995 corsa
    9 months mot
    5 months tax
    White with 86k miles
    £400 ono

A friend of a friend was selling on Facebook last week. Let me know if interested. IM me your email and I'll see if I can get pics
  • edited February 2012
    Your Dad and his mate are probably 10 years behind the times. But because so many are, that is why you get such a good deal and parts aren't too expensive either. You probably see as many Puntos on the road as you do Corsas which says it all really.
  • I own a Fiat Punto no problem getting parts?!
  • Are they more expensive?
  • 90% of Clio's and Corsa's in your price bracket will be dogs. Saxo wont be any better. Think about a punto or something from seat.
  • Are they more expensive?
    no more than the parts for my old Peugeot 106!

• I have just recently passed my driving test and i'm looking out for a car, I'm just wondering if any of you know about any Corsa's or Clio's for sale, relatively cheap and around 1ltr-1.2ltr. If you hear of anything please let me know, thank you very much
    Greenie Junior
    What are you defining as relatively cheap?
  • Sponsored links:

I'm only 17 years old and im just basing my search on cheaper insurance, heard some good things about clio's. My preferance is to a corsa but i have a budget and it's hard getting one that fits in that budget. Thanks for the advice though mate.
    Fiats are a decent budget buy - depreciate, but are much better built nowdays than their reputation.
    Ye i quite liked them but my Dad and his mate said they wern't any good as if it does go wrong that parts are a mare to get hold of so they cost more
    More a reliability issue than parts hard to get hold of .
  • Mechanicaly they have been very relaible for years - some cars have some trim quality issues but you can spot these when you inspect them. The 1.2 injected engine is proven, economical and has a bit of zip. There used to be an issue with head gaskets going with that engine but this was cured from about 2003 onwards. If on a budget, I'd go for a low mileage Mk2 Punto which you could probably pick up for low £2 to £2.5k.
  • Your Dad and his mate are probably 10 years behind the times. But because so many are, that is why you get such a good deal and parts aren't too expensive either. You probably see as many Puntos on the road as you do Corsas which says it all really.
    Not really Mutts, taking advice from many people, got a good mate who owns a big car dealership, who's advise I trust and respect and he has turned me away from them! So thats good enough for me! Thing is its so subjective buying a car, one person has a bad experience and lets everyone know about it.
    Also he has a grand to spend so with that and the limited insurance 'friendly' cars out there plus Junior's personal preference we are struggling, saw an absolute snotter the other day and the bloke wanted best part of a grand. Hey ho onwards and upwards.
  • Gotta say I got a 2-door Fiat bravo, 13 years old that I bought a year ago for £450 when I needed a cheap set of wheels and I haven't a one bit of trouble from it. The trim is pretty basic but otherwise a decent little runaround.
  • Swisdom, Junior has sent you a PM.
  • TopGear magazine: 'Despite a history patchier than 101 Dalmatians, Fiat seems to have cornered the market in cheap chic, mixing good value with wacky design to lasting effect. Rust and reliability problems have gone the way of the Supermirafiori, leaving behind a kind of Latin version of Ford'.

So you pay much less for the reputation, but get something better -That is what a driver on a budget should be looking for - Not saying a Punto is the best small car out there, but certainly the best value. And given it is such a popular car - getting parts is no problem and running costs are no dearer than any other car.
  • Your Dad and his mate are probably 10 years behind the times. But because so many are, that is why you get such a good deal and parts aren't too expensive either. You probably see as many Puntos on the road as you do Corsas which says it all really.
    I Wouldn;t have that mate!! he's dissing you dad innit!!!

Nut him!!!
    More a reliability issue than parts hard to get hold of .
    no issues with my car in 3 years!
  • Mechanicaly they have been very relaible for years - some cars have some trim quality issues but you can spot these when you inspect them. The 1.2 injected engine is proven, economical and has a bit of zip. There used to be an issue with head gaskets going with that engine but this was cured from about 2003 onwards. If on a budget, I'd go for a low mileage Mk2 Punto which you could probably pick up for low £2 to £2.5k.
    Pretty spot on when I bought mine it had 27,000 on the clock I got it for 2k bartered down from 2.5 k as the owner had fitted stupid alloys (swiftly replaced)
  • Fiats are so middle class.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2012
    I've got a peugeot 205 diesel (on hard times). i know it's a 1.8 engine, but they are cheap to buy and do 60mpg. their engines are bullet proof and they almost never rust. mine is a 95 and has never had a weld and no rust on any doors or sills. you can pick them up all day at £500 on fleebay and nobody will pinch them coz they look shit, but they have power steering, central locking and electric windows, sunroof etc. parts are buttons and easy to source and fit. i fitted front discs and pads last week for£33.00, price that up on any other car. worth a try?

I wouldn't touch a fiat with a bargepole. my bravo had an engine imobiliser fault and the parts cost £850, only available from the main dealer and were replaced 3 times during a 12 month period (under warranty), needless to say i sold it.
  • FIAT = Fix it again tomorrow

Have a look at a Citrroen C1 vibe, ABS and power steering, decent bit of zip around town group 1 insurance too.
  • I've got a bmw 325 ti for sale
    Service history, 03 plate, only a 2door, 105,000 miles, £1500

Not sure what your budget is and the insurance might be a pricey for a young 'un though
  • You lot are living in the 90's

I have not had to repair or replace anything that I wouldn't have to on any other car! Brake pads, tyres etc.

Not sure what your budget is and the insurance might be a pricey for a young 'un though
    I've got a budget of a grand, thanks anyway mate

For a grand you will be able to insure one tyre at your age.

For a grand you will be able to insure one tyre at your age.
    I mean a grand budget on buying the car, got some decent quotes to be fair
  • It's Fix It Again Toni btw! I wouldn't buy a fiat for a grand- you may delve into head gasket problem territory, just saying that at £2k you get the decent improved quality ones for the price of a dud.
  • I no longer require a car any more fella's as i picked up a clio earlier! :) Thanks for all your help and advise!
  • Well done GJ. My son had a Clio for a while - nice car.