Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

Comments

• Options
    Anyone been able to get avengers infinity war on netflix? Was supposed to be on there from xmas day but cant find it
  • Options

Anyone been able to get avengers infinity war on netflix? Was supposed to be on there from xmas day but cant find it

Sky have it
  • Options

Recall on here some folk biggin it up on a thread i cant find.

Thinking of signing up but just want some info as reading the website it seems too good to be true. Gonna get the free months trial and it says after that it is £5.99 a month for unlimited films/ tv shows and no cancellation fee.

Had a browse of the sort of stuff that they have on there and looks good but is the library quite limited as there didnt seem to be that much under each section?

Or is this because you need to sign up to browse the whole library of films on offer?

Cheers

Was worth every penny!
  • Options

Be interesting to see how they cope with the competition from Apple and Disney. I hope these 2 coming into the market doesn't water everything down so much that people find themselves returning to illegal streaming.

It’ll turn into satellite tv, you’ll get different providers that offer different services
  • Options

Be interesting to see how they cope with the competition from Apple and Disney. I hope these 2 coming into the market doesn't water everything down so much that people find themselves returning to illegal streaming.

It’ll turn into satellite tv, you’ll get different providers that offer different services
    Which will be a right PATA, already have Netflix, AmazonPrime and Hulu, it's certainly gonna get worse, ie more expensive.
  • Options

It's available on Netflix America. If you use a vpn you can watch it.
  • Options
    Disney have huge growth goals in this space and a lot of capital and sway regarding content.
  • Options

Interesting reading the Lovefilm comments. Just shows how quickly things have moved in just 6 years.

Got Netflix just before Xmas and have been hugely excited in seeing the range of films / programmes I’m never likely to get the actual screen time to watch!

Much more to chose from in the UK. It sucks here due to Foxtel owning the rights to a lot of content. I read somewhere Australia had 800 tiltes and the UK had over 8000 and the US double that.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Interesting reading the Lovefilm comments. Just shows how quickly things have moved in just 6 years.

Got Netflix just before Xmas and have been hugely excited in seeing the range of films / programmes I’m never likely to get the actual screen time to watch!

Much more to chose from in the UK. It sucks here due to Foxtel owning the rights to a lot of content. I read somewhere Australia had 800 tiltes and the UK had over 8000 and the US double that.
    Brazil and Mexico have awesome movie collections too.

You can access worldwide contend with a decent VPN!
  • Options
    I hear the new sci-fi Sandra Bullock movie on Netflix is pretty solid. Bird Box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you pay for netflix and don't pay for a decent VPN, you're not getting the most out of your money, being able to access everything they have, is pretty amazing

Can you expand on that please mate
  • Options

TEL said:

.....Oh,see what you mean
  • Options

If you pay for netflix and don't pay for a decent VPN, you're not getting the most out of your money, being able to access everything they have, is pretty amazing

Every country/region has a different catalogue on netflix, so what you see in America, is different from what you see in England, France or Australia etcetc. By using a VPN you can spoof your IP address to make it seem like your in a different location.

You can use a website like https://unogs.com/ to search for titles and find out what region they're available, for example, The Shawshank Redemption is only available in Canada, France and Japan https://unogs.com/video/?v=70005379 - so someone in the UK can't watch it, with a VPN, a few mouse clicks makes everything available to you
  • Options

Every country/region has a different catalogue on netflix, so what you see in America, is different from what you see in England, France or Australia etcetc. By using a VPN you can spoof your IP address to make it seem like your in a different location.

You can use a website like https://unogs.com/ to search for titles and find out what region they're available, for example, The Shawshank Redemption is only available in Canada, France and Japan https://unogs.com/video/?v=70005379 - so someone in the UK can't watch it, with a VPN, a few mouse clicks makes everything available to you
    I stopped paying a while back for Netflix (France) because it was really bad, but Mrs best mate said we can jump on her account (UK based). We now seem to have both as there is definitely more British stuff, but also a lot of French and in fact we watched Shawshank the other night.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    No, it's totally IP based, where the account is paid for is irrelevant, they must have just improved whats available in France.

I use my parents account, as there in no netflix here, I only have access to UK stuff when I set ny VPN to The UK.

US netflix has way more British stuff than UK netflix.
  • Options

No, it's totally IP based, where the account is paid for is irrelevant, they must have just improved whats available in France.

I use my parents account, as there in no netflix here, I only have access to UK stuff when I set ny VPN to The UK.

Sorry Stu, whats a VPN and how do you set it up for a smart tv?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

No idea how to set it up on a smart tv, I use my laptop + HDMI cable. I'm sure it's possible though, with a bit of googling.

A VPN is a virtual private network, software to spoof your IP address.
  • Options

I stopped paying a while back for Netflix (France) because it was really bad, but Mrs best mate said we can jump on her account (UK based). We now seem to have both as there is definitely more British stuff, but also a lot of French and in fact we watched Shawshank the other night.
    I always knew this sort of stuff was going on in rural France. :)
    I wish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bird Box = Load of shit
  • Options
    Disney really are going after them in a big way next year. I read that they'll own something like 60% of the cinema box office once the Fox deal goes through. So presumably they'll pull all their stuff away from Netflix and Sky. Eventually I wonder if it'll be a little bit like the early studio days where studios owned their own cinemas, and only showed their own films!

@supaclive - does the home distribution stuff involve you at all?
  • Options
    Netflix just came out with a new series called "Sunderland Til I Die". It tells the story of their demise and ultimate relegation from the Championship last season. Their plight actually has quite a few similarities to Charlton's. Would recommend giving it a watch!
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Netflix just came out with a new series called "Sunderland Til I Die". It tells the story of their demise and ultimate relegation from the Championship last season. Their plight actually has quite a few similarities to Charlton's. Would recommend giving it a watch!

Yes many of us have been talking about it lately. It's indeed a decent series.
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84123/sunderland-til-i-die-netflix/p1
  • Options

TEL said:

Yes I know, however our Smart TV wont log into Google Play anymore so we need to work out how to load a VPN on without it.
  • Options
    I found Birdbox to be a load of crap
  • Options

I found Birdbox to be a load of crap

Watched it last night. Thought it was ok but my wife agrees with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Kap10 said:

Not sure if it's a samsung one you have but it's certainly possible.

https://thevpn.guru/best-samsung-smart-tv-vpn-install/

I use IP vanish and find it great, especially for iFollow
  • Options
    TEL said:

TEL said:

Yes I know, however our Smart TV wont log into Google Play anymore so we need to work out how to load a VPN on without it.
    You could get a 'VPN router' and connect the smart tv to that, possibly? Or try to find the APK file for your VPN and install it that way? No idea if either of these will work, as I just plug my lappy into the tv, but worth a try, I guess?