Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next England manager?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mourinho to Spurs
    Can see this happening if Harry does get it, but would like to see Beckham get the job instead of Harry

• Options

H Redknapp 2/5
    S Pearce 7/1
    J Mourinho 10/1
    M O'Neill 14/1
    R Hodgson 14/1
    Alan Pardew 16/1
    A Wenger 20/1
    G Hiddink 20/1
    R Benitez 20/1
    C Ancelotti 25/1
    S Allardyce 33/1
    M Hughes 40/1
    A Ferguson 40/1
    M Lippi 40/1
    S Bruce 40/1
    A Shearer 40/1
    L Van Gaal 40/1
    D Beckham 40/1
    Nigel Adkins 40/1
    D Moyes 50/1
    C Powell 50/1
    A Curbishley 66/1
    F Rijkaard 66/1
    T Venables 80/1
    J Klinsmann 80/1
    SG Eriksson 80/1
    L F Scolari 100/1
    S McClaren 100/1
    P Brown 100/1
    N Clough 100/1
    M Jol 100/
  • Options
    Martin O'Neill would be superb imho.
  • Options
    Phil Brown might be worth a laugh!
  • Options
    The only other places I can see Jose going is City if they implode and blow it, or Chelsea if Abromovic can swallow his pride.
  • Options
    Paddy Power has Curbs at 66/1 and Chris Powell at 50/1.... I know they are all a joke that far out but wow.
  • Options
    I vote Pardew :p Bahahahahahahah
  • Options
    Chris Powell at 50's Lol.
  • Options
    Pearce may be long term answer also. He knows the set up, is a good coach and is a strong personality who can manage the squad ego factor. Prefer ex-defenders as coaches!!

• Options
    How about Megson?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Alan pardew 16/1?

I'll change my username to PardewNo1Fan and write a 250 word report on why pardew is so great if that happens?

Hate that bloke! What's the odds on AFKA taking it?
  • Options
    The only other places I can see Jose going is City if they implode and blow it, or Chelsea if Abromovic can swallow his pride.
    Inter apparently after AVB and RA been seen a couple of times at training ground this week so Jose might be on his way back
  • Options
    Alan pardew 16/1?

I'll change my username to PardewNo1Fan and write a 250 word report on why pardew is so great if that happens?

Witnessed and approved.
  • Options
    Alan pardew 16/1?

Witnessed and approved.
    What have I let myself in for!
  • Options
    The question should be who is the best manager for the job, not the best English manager. If realistically the best happens to be English then good.

All the English managers mentioned in contention have a question mark against them it seems.

Harry has a lot of attributes and his teams play with flair, however WHU Pompey etc were not noted for their defensive qualities. He reminds me much of Joe Mercer, honest talking guy who stepped in to the breach after the Revie debacle and restored some pride and flair in to our national team. The downside was you new Mercer was never going to pick or organise a team that was defensively strong enough to compete against the strong nations when it matters.

English players on the whole are not noted for total flair compared to the Spanish, Brazil, Argies etc, so having a tight organised unit will always be important in competitions for us to progress.

J Mourinho has proven track record even at Madrid (where it is not so liked) that he can create tight units that compete first to have the right to use some flair when required. Unlike the other foreign incumbents his teams are more in keeping with English style, additionally he speaks the lingo well, knows how to handle the press and won't be swayed by them as his confident (ok arrogant) in his ability. He also has a good track record in handling your prima donna types and more important getting the best out of limited players to do a job, Terry ironically at Chelsea.

Harry also has a proven track record with man management of all types of players.

Harry seems to be favourite and the easier target and decision for the FA, also the FA would have sway over Spurs, whilst Mourinho would likely cost more in compensation (R.Madrid always talk big bucks). However Madrid would not stand in Mourinho's way if the media view of his tenure is correct.

If either of these two get the job I hope they succeed and take English International football forward from the disasters we have encountered in recent Finals.

If it were my decision I would go for Jose Mourinho, but good luck to Harry if it is him, anyone else (except Curbs biased CAFC) more painful years could beckon.