Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next England manager?

Who would be on your shortlist?

Who will get the job? Let's hear it lifers!

Comments

• Got to be Jose M , miles better than Hairy Redknapp.
  • Got to be Jose M , miles better than Hairy Redknapp.
    Doubtful Jose will coach any national team except Portugal.

• Why would Jose leave Madrid who are top to join England !?

We're England so have a manager from England.
  • English Managers like our players are overrated :(
  • Redknapp hopefully. Best English manager in my opinion and I think a national manager should come from the country they manage otherwise we might as well give Messi citizenship and stick him up front with Rooney.

Foreign managers dilute the spirit of international competition i think.
  • Harry Redknapp or Martin O'Neil
  • Lionel Blair
  • Redknapp hopefully. Best English manager in my opinion and I think a national manager should come from the country they manage otherwise we might as well give Messi citizenship and stick him up front with Rooney.

I know you say that , but it has worked in other sports , why is Football any different?

• I think Peace until the end of the season. Then "a decision" will be made.

My shortlist would be:

Redknapp
    Mourhino
    Stuart Pearce
  • Bring back Sven!
  • Sponsored links:

• Curbishley is free :-)
  • Neil Warnock
  • A Gordon Brown/Tony Blair/Ian Duncan Smith/George Galloway combo.

Lets be honest, they have as much chan ce as anyone else until our entire coaching system is overhauled to bring us into line with the Spanish
  • I think Curbs could be a terrific appointment but has zero chance of happening.
  • Neil Warnock
    You do know you have a Crewe Avatar dont you?
  • Want Pearce personally, youth are the future, he knows them, clear out the dead wood now, dominate the world for the next 15 years.
  • Personally even though I just posted for Jose, I think the FA have had Pearce as an U21 manager for a while now for a reason. I can see him taking the job on a caretaker basis and then the FA can choose what happens next without the big sacking fee when it all goes tits up.
  • Neil Warnock would be entertaining - If we are going to disapoint anyway, at least we will enjoy his interviews. Yes , good suggestion - Colin would get my vote. Also, if you appointed him as a joke, he is the sort of character that would stuff it right down your throat and be succesful somehow,
  • Why would Jose leave Madrid who are top to join England !?

We're England so have a manager from England.
    I think Jose has already said he wants to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season.

I do agree though I think it should be an english manager. Harry Redknapp will do just fine for me.

• Mourinho to Spurs
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2012
    Redknapp hopefully. Best English manager in my opinion and I think a national manager should come from the country they manage otherwise we might as well give Messi citizenship and stick him up front with Rooney.

I know you say that , but it has worked in other sports , why is Football any different?

Logically no reason at all and if it were a business decision it's a no brainer to get the best in the world regardless of nationality.

With football its different for me and i think a non english manager takes the shine off it a bit. Same as if our board were Zabeel or Chineses Chicken factory owners....as much as id respect their time and effort id still prefer a board of Charlton fans or at least Brits who knew who the club were before being handed a brochure about what luxury asset to buy next.

As i say theres no real rationale and no logic....it's purely emotive. Would love to have mourinhio or Ferguson or Wenger at charlton but would sooner have a lesser English manager doing the job when it comes to the national side.

Say we had got Italy or Sweden in the world cup final (lol) and beat them....there would naturally be a bit of disappointment and feeling of betrayal going through Capello or Svens minds surely and as proud as they would be they would probably secretly wished theyd won with their country and I wouldnt blame them.

• Also don't forget Pearce has been involved with the squad since Capello took charge and so therefore has the respect of a lot of the players already. Not saying it matters though... look at McLaren!
  • Neil Warnock would be entertaining - If we are going to disapoint anyway, at least we will enjoy his interviews. Yes , good suggestion - Colin would get my vote. Also, if you appointed him as a joke, he is the sort of character that would stuff it right down your throat and be succesful somehow,
    Indeed, if not him then Ian Holloway or Joey Barton.
  • Mourinho to Spurs
    You read it hear first.

Redknapp for England and then Mourinho to Spurs.
  • a Holloway Warnock partnership - who could fail to get excited by that?
  • Harry Redknapp to England, jose Murinho to tottenham
  • Mourinho to Spurs
    You read it hear first.

That seems to be doing the rounds, id definitely be happy with it
  • edited February 2012
    Mourinho to Spurs
    You read it hear first.

Unless he's got a warchest at Spurs , i can't see this happening , big step down in my book , i know Jose has said he wants to come back to England at some point , i seriously can't see Jose resigning from Madrid , and taking the job , at England or Spurs , he would shake a few too many apples on the FA tree , and i don't think they could handle him , his mood swings etc , i guess thats why Cloughie never became England manager.

• Will be interim staff until after Euros, definitely Pearce involved, perhaps also the likes of Shearer, Wilkins etc.

I would like Hodgson as my first choice but Redknapp is nailed on provided they can sort out a deal with Spurs and on that front Levy has already intimated he won't stand in Redknapp's way.