Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piers Morgan

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

LouisMend said:

Yeh but his grandfather was one of the club's most successful managers so show him some respect at least

:-)

'One of the'....!?
    Your Grandfather was Alan Curbishley? ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    He was on question time a few nights ago.

Quite a number of people were taking the piss.

He made a few hints with unfunny one liners that he wants to "run for Pm"...probably based on the fact that his American friend did it. It wouldnt work over here.

He can talk well and did speak highly of the NHS. Agreed with his points there.

He may not be so bad but him running for priminister would of course be a vanity project.

Plus he also most likely knows f*ck all about economics.
  • Options
    Does what he does very, very well, I think his Arsenal rants are those of a genuine frustrated fan that has greater exposure coming from him - still think he is a knob though.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    T_C_E said:

JamesSeed said:

LouisMend said:

Yeh but his grandfather was one of the club's most successful managers so show him some respect at least

'One of the'....!?
    Your Grandfather was Alan Curbishley? ;)
    No, but he was One of the....

[not one of the grandfathers]
  • Options
    PS.
    Bollocks to his empty 'apology' too.
    He only 'apologised' when he could see which way the wind was blowing.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Does what he does very, very well, I think his Arsenal rants are those of a genuine frustrated fan that has greater exposure coming from him - still think he is a knob though.

So suggesting that Ariana Grande should have visited her injured fans like the Queen did soon after the attack (Ariana did visit when the chance came about, as well as putting on a decent concert in order to help the victims), was doing what he does very very well was it?
    He is a bloated slug of an old man who has a platform to sound off about stuff, Ariana Grande was a 23 year old pop star doing her thing and had this terrible event visited upon her. She is not a news media person, she is not all about current affairs and how they play out, she is not about social commentary in the news, she is a decent singer as the Queen acknowledged to a fan, but this singer had to assimilate this unspeakably awful event and respond.
    So Piers Morgan was supportive, empathetic and sympathetic, immediately visiting those affected was he? Doing what he does very very well was he?
    To me he has always been a dodgy character, but sticking his oar in to that event in that way, from a media savvy guy who ought to know much better was way beyond the pale. Even though I admired him in that interview with the American gun lover, he burnt any bridges with me because of the Manchester thing, and I regard him as an utter c*nt who should have no platform to speak about anything because he adds to the sum of human misery, not human happiness.
    What he said about her was disgraceful. Rather bizarre and bully like finger pointing.

He has absolutely no experience in anything even relatively horrific but yet felt the need to criticize and tell her what she should be doing.

I think that amount of coldness speaks volumes. Really went too far with his questioning aggressive tv personality that made his career.

In a way its a shame because he at least does offer "a bit of fight" in regards to the ridiculous lack of gun control in the states.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

LouisMend said:

'One of the'....!?
    Your grandad was Karel Fraeye
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He made a few hints with unfunny one liners that he wants to "run for Pm"...probably based on the fact that his American friend did it. It wouldnt work over here.

He may not be so bad but him running for priminister would of course be a vanity project.

And the PM does?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    If that was the criteria it would be a very shallow pool of economists vying to be PM.

She probably doesn’t know much about soldiering either.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Dave2l said:

And the PM does?

Well it would be useful.

Not really exclusive but you know.

Does Piers Morgan know enough about stuff?
  • Options
    Well let's not worry that much about it, fortunately we are a long way behind the US in regard to celebrity politicians. Of course there have been a few like Glenda Jackson, Seb Coe and Gyles Brandreth.
    Eddie Izzard for PM anyone?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    seth plum said:

So suggesting that Ariana Grande should have visited her injured fans like the Queen did soon after the attack (Ariana did visit when the chance came about, as well as putting on a decent concert in order to help the victims), was doing what he does very very well was it?
    He is a bloated slug of an old man who has a platform to sound off about stuff, Ariana Grande was a 23 year old pop star doing her thing and had this terrible event visited upon her. She is not a news media person, she is not all about current affairs and how they play out, she is not about social commentary in the news, she is a decent singer as the Queen acknowledged to a fan, but this singer had to assimilate this unspeakably awful event and respond.
    So Piers Morgan was supportive, empathetic and sympathetic, immediately visiting those affected was he? Doing what he does very very well was he?
    To me he has always been a dodgy character, but sticking his oar in to that event in that way, from a media savvy guy who ought to know much better was way beyond the pale. Even though I admired him in that interview with the American gun lover, he burnt any bridges with me because of the Manchester thing, and I regard him as an utter c*nt who should have no platform to speak about anything because he adds to the sum of human misery, not human happiness.
    Like what he said about the soldiers, the controversy keeps him in the spotlight and gives him the opportunity to spout total bollocks for a very large wedge. The best thing Clarkson ever did was punching him out the rematch is something I would watch.
  • Options
    Halix said:

seth plum said:

Like what he said about the soldiers, the controversy keeps him in the spotlight and gives him the opportunity to spout total bollocks for a very large wedge. The best thing Clarkson ever did was punching him out the rematch is something I would watch.
    Always felt he an odious character; I tried to give his breakfast show a try last week, 15 minutes in and I gave up.

Publishing those stupid photographs back in 2004 perfectly demonstrated everything you need to know about him; he doesn't just come across as dislikeable via his words, but his actions back up what a complete piece of shit he is.

He was so keen to shift a few papers by jumping on the bandwagon over the American abuse scandals, that he was willing to risk a few lads getting killed in the process.

Considering his brother is an infantry Colonel, it becomes an even more ridiculous situation. He knew the stakes at play, and had the perfect network to try and verify the photos too. Wanker.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Well let's not worry that much about it, fortunately we are a long way behind the US in regard to celebrity politicians. Of course there have been a few like Glenda Jackson, Seb Coe and Gyles Brandreth.
    Eddie Izzard for PM anyone?

Giles Brandreth......know by some as Piles Badbreath.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Never been quite sure how much his media/stage image is stage managed.
    Both on and off record, it seems many that know him have some very good things to say about him.
    He can be a total knob of course but he’s a very successful and wealthy knob one has to say......which makes one wonder.
    He also has an incredibly thick skin, very useful in his line of work.
  • Options
    He is a self-satisfied, smug, obnoxious knob. I found his appearance on Question Time outrageous. He tried to take over the show - never mind running for PM, he seemed to be auditioning for the much more important job of Chair of QT!
  • Options
    My mates son has been going out with his niece for last 4 years. Met him a couple of times. Apparently he loves himself. No surprise there.
  • Options
    The bloke used to be Shite but now he's alright, he says a lot of things that people are maybe too worried in today's society to say.
    He calls out a lot of the arseholes that masquerade as politicians, ITV breakfast is caning the snowflake, offended on behalf of everyone, all people are equal bores on the BBC, in the ratings. And that tells you all you need to know about popular opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’s a knob but his brother Rupert is a top bloke. Nothing like Piers.
  • Options

Never knew your name was Rupert...
  • Options

Rupert and Piers. Says it all really.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

The bloke used to be Shite but now he's alright, he says a lot of things that people are maybe too worried in today's society to say.
    He calls out a lot of the arseholes that masquerade as politicians, ITV breakfast is caning the snowflake, offended on behalf of everyone, all people are equal bores on the BBC, in the ratings. And that tells you all you need to know about popular opinion.

Pretty much what I think, I’m for the most part impressed with the bollocks he’s got to say what he thinks so publicly now days when everyone is offended by the smell of a fart.

I don’t agree with his views on mental health nor do I agree about what he said about Ariana grande, but as the old man used to say, if we were all the same the world would be one boring place
  • Options
    Don't need bollocks to say stuff when everyone thinks you're a cunt regardless.
  • Options

Don't need bollocks to say stuff when everyone thinks you're a cunt regardless.

Divvy comment
  • Options
    Just watched his interview with Megan Markle's dad. Only he could make it about him! It is time to give this complete tool the boot!
  • Options
    SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY
  • Options

You are perfectly correct VG......a knob and a pier are two entirely different things.