Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Its Snowing!!!

Comments

• Still snowing in sunny sidcup, at least its providing a distraction for those of us that can't sleep.
  • Stopped snowing here in the north east a couple of hours ago. Didnt get that much anyway.
  • Still snowing in sunny sidcup, at least its providing a distraction for those of us that can't sleep.
    Not safe for you to go out tomorrow Dan, nearly five inches so you'll be up to your neck in it ;-))

• edited February 2012
    looks very pretty now in Swanley - its settled really well & a good covering everywhere.

Just glad I don't have to go out tomorrow (sunday) and hopefully by Mon morning the roads will be clear enough to get down to the office in Hythe.

PS - if you can't sleep there is always the Football League show..............just mentioned us !!
  • Think it will be ok to drive tommorow evening? (5th of feb)
  • just went for a smoke about 2 inches in my garden in northumberland heath, can anyone tell me why its so bright??? when i leave for work every morning at 5am its pitch black but outside now its like theres floodlights on..
    Streetlights reflecting off the settled snow (and the snowclouds maybe?)
  • Snow storm in Orpington!
  • Okay its still snowing in sittingbourne pretty heavy now a few in inches already :'(
  • Just got home from a local party. It is and has been snowing big time in SE9.
  • Just walked home from Liquid in Ashford, snow is 6 inches deep, I'm drunk and it was the best walk home ever!
  • Sponsored links:

• 6 inches in Hastings!
  • Got loads of snow here , going sth to get me mum in a bit then sledging down hilly fields from lunchtime

I love the snow
  • 5 inches in Eynsford and looks great until the cars wreck it by turning it to slush. Lots of wild birds looking for food for any bird enthusiasts (bores) like me! Feed them!
  • 5 inches in Eynsford and looks great until the cars wreck it by turning it to slush. Lots of wild birds looking for food for any bird enthusiasts (bores) like me! Feed them!
    Have done already, Eynsfordaddick.

Mr F cooks up a concoction of porridge oats, lard,raisins & sunflower seeds meant for the chooks.Piles it on the birdtable all warm & steaming. Smells delicious !
  • Tried and failed to get my car out of my road earlier and now given up! 5-6 inches down here in Kent close to the M2 services.
  • Sounds tempting, Fanny! Perhaps we can all pop round for lunch! So many beautiful birds this morning popping in for a snack and to keep warm (feathered ones only).
  • Sounds tempting, Fanny! Perhaps we can all pop round for lunch! So many beautiful birds this morning popping in for a snack and to keep warm (feathered ones only).
    About the only silver lining with this horrible weather is that you see birds not normally seen in the garden. Agree re the importance to put food out.
  • vffvff
    edited February 2012
    looks very pretty now in Swanley -

That'll be a first then.
  • -16 here this morning and the central heating has broken :(
  • I don't think its snowed enough for me to miss school tomorrow. : (
  • Sponsored links:

• Not snowing here, temp has just plummeted from 87 to 86. Greetings from Surfside beach bar Barbados. Chelsea v Man U and a rum punch.!
  • It's been good fun in the snow today with the kids. If i had a penny for every snowball i've thrown today

i'd have about

£5.63
  • Just in from sledging, you have to love the snow brings out the kid in young and old

Gave little Scarlett her first sledging experience today , 2 yrs old and fearless , she loved it the faster we went the more jumps we hit at full pelt the happier she was , she got off looking like a snow man each time

Anyone who don't like the snow needs to go out and just play I'm it and watch whole neighbourhoods be together like no other time ,,

Must have met atleast 10 people from my road that I would nod or say hello to normally out having great fun with their kids and all of going together for the huge snowball finale
  • I saw a lot of charlton fans up oxley's woods today!
    Dogging?
  • I saw a lot of charlton fans up oxley's woods today!
    Dogging?</

Your sure of a big surprise.

• I was there with my hat on till about 1230
  • edited February 2012
    has anyone heard what we should expect in the morning? I doubt cycling will be possible so im am in southeastern railways hands
  • Couldve made shedloads of cash yesterday at oxleas woods for Youve been framed. Saw loads of people get taken out by sledges!
  • I crashed into about 3 dogs !
  • I crashed into about 3 dogs !
    I crashed into a parked car going down a hill, no damage done though but it bloody hurt my foot.