Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dale Stephens 31.01.12 goal of the season?

2»

Comments

• It's about context for me, we were 2 up and cruising against Bournemouth, there wasn't massive pressure on Waggy, and Stephens teed him up a treat.

Tuesday, last minute, game going against us, ball comes out from a long way, and Dale manages to shape himself and get it under control. Miss that, we get beat.

Dale gets the vote for that reason
    Except that we were only 1-0 up against Bournemouth before Waggy's goal. I take your point though.
  • Stephens definitley for me. The way the ball was still bouncing towards him meant he had to make sure his technique was perfect and knowing that that shot could have been our last chance of maintaining our unbeaten record, it took a lot of nerve to hit the ball from that distance. Agreed Waggys was a great goal, but I would rate Waggys goal behind Stephens and JJ's (Vs Shef.u), taking into account the circumstances and importance.
    Unbeaten record? Were you not at Stevenage or Orient?

He's a Huddersfield fan so yes unbeaten record :-)
  • Unbeaten at home...
  • edited February 2012
    Wasn't at those two games, why did I miss something then Chirpy Red?
  • Waggy's is a cracker make no mistake, but the way that ball is coming back out to Stephens, for him to smack it as hard as that, keep it down and on target is unbelievable. The easiest thing for him to do would have been to either blaze it over the bar, or take a touch.

So far this year we've been spoilt as far as quality goals go, both individual and team. I can see Haynes scoring a brilliant solo effort (if he can keep the ball under control...)

• Does anyone know if Wagstaff's goal has been officially credited to him now or is it still in the stats as Stephens?
  • Unbelievable tekkers......both of them cant decide...