Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens 31.01.12 goal of the season?

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Did we witness our goal of the season last night? A few long rangers recently e.g Jackson free kicks.

Was a 30 yrd screamer that saved us a point when we were below par. Couldn't have hit it any sweeter. Want to see that again when BBC put it on the website!

Comments

• Options
    Wagstaff v Bournemouth was better in my opinion
  • Options
    I still think Waggy vs AFCB is goal of the season.
  • Options
    Oh yeh remember that. I wernt at the game do not solid in my memory
  • Options
    We've scored some quality goals this season compared to last

Jacksons against sheff u for me
  • Options
    gotta be waggy for me gonna be summin special to beat that bad boy
  • Options
    Lots of things go into what defines the 'goal of the season' but this goal takes some beating. To do that in the 2nd minute of added on time and to save us a point and our unbeaten home record. Not to mention the psychological impact at this stage of the season. Priceless.
  • Options
    The goal of season will b the one that clinches promotion... It could b an ogger for all I care...
  • Options
    Stephens for me so far
  • Options
    4 main candidates for me:
    Waggie vs AfcB
    JJ vs the massive Sheffield Wednesday
    JJ vs Sheffield United
    Stephens vs Bury

I'd be inclined to choose the JJ free kick v Sheff United

Any other candidates?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I nominate BWP's second at Wycombe - fantastic hold up play from Yann, slipped in to Hollands who played in BWP to lash it in from the corner of the penalty box
  • Options
    The goal that puts us back in Division 2 {OLD MONEY} WILL WIN MY VOTE.
  • Options
    Stephens as it was further out than Waggys. He had a couple of hits before hand ( the one before his goal nearly broke the advertising! )
  • Options
    didn't realise it was so far out, what a great goal.
  • Options
    Waggy's is better imo, outside of the boot beauty.
  • Options
    def goal of the season
  • Options
    Definitley between the two so far. Stephens vs Waggy
  • Options
    I think Waggy's had more skill to it.
  • Options
    Wagstaff's for me so far, but that is also because I was at the game...t'was a beauty. This one's not bad, mind.
  • Options
    Anybody got a vid of wagstaffs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great tekkers
  • Options
    Andy Ansah
  • Options
    Sublime.
  • Options
    Wagstaff's but Stephens a close 2nd :)
  • Options
    It's about context for me, we were 2 up and cruising against Bournemouth, there wasn't massive pressure on Waggy, and Stephens teed him up a treat.

Tuesday, last minute, game going against us, ball comes out from a long way, and Dale manages to shape himself and get it under control. Miss that, we get beat.

Dale gets the vote for that reason
  • Options
    I thought Stephens' volley v Bournemouth was better ....

Great timing v Bury, looks effortless.
  • Options
    It's about context for me, we were 2 up and cruising against Bournemouth, there wasn't massive pressure on Waggy, and Stephens teed him up a treat.

Tuesday, last minute, game going against us, ball comes out from a long way, and Dale manages to shape himself and get it under control. Miss that, we get beat.

Dale gets the vote for that reason
    That is a very good point and one I hadn't considered.
  • Options
    Stephens definitley for me. The way the ball was still bouncing towards him meant he had to make sure his technique was perfect and knowing that that shot could have been our last chance of maintaining our unbeaten record, it took a lot of nerve to hit the ball from that distance. Agreed Waggys was a great goal, but I would rate Waggys goal behind Stephens and JJ's (Vs Shef.u), taking into account the circumstances and importance.
  • Options
    Stephens definitley for me. The way the ball was still bouncing towards him meant he had to make sure his technique was perfect and knowing that that shot could have been our last chance of maintaining our unbeaten record, it took a lot of nerve to hit the ball from that distance. Agreed Waggys was a great goal, but I would rate Waggys goal behind Stephens and JJ's (Vs Shef.u), taking into account the circumstances and importance.
    Unbeaten record? Were you not at Stevenage or Orient?