Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tonights Attendence.

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Poor. Top of the league by a distance. To get under 14,000 is a poor show.

Comments

• 3 1-0s in a row, absolutely freezing cold, only 100 or so away fans, and tbf quite a boring game.. oh and D'Urso in charge.. I'd say for a League One match on a Tuesday ain't too shabby..
  • 270 Bury fans

Was probably less than 12,000 there when you deduct ST holders who didnt come
  • 3 1-0s in a row, absolutely freezing cold, only 100 or so away fans, and tbf quite a boring game.. oh and D'Urso in charge.. I'd say for a League One match on a Tuesday ain't too shabby..
    What game did you watch?
  • Poor. Top of the league by a distance. To get under 14,000 is a poor show.
    Yeah, rubbish.

Maybe you shouldn't go anymore - it's clearly such a chore.
  • Under 10k at Smallwall and 17k for the Nigel's biggest game of the season.

I would guess very few comps + re-arranged game v unattractive opposition on a freezing cold night = our hard core support so not too disappointed
  • I wasn't too impressed with that attendance either, nearly 21,000 for Sheff U, take their 3k off, 18000. so where were the missing 5000 or so tonight?? at home as it was bit cold!!! Bet they will be there on a Spring day in May clapping their "cold" hands at home to Hartlepool!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2012
    A lot of comps and a lot of pickers and choosers with kids missing tonight (not to mention people who can't do a runner from work by half 6)... can't see much wrong with that, disappointing maybe but only because it shows how reliant we are on getting the more transient elements of our support here every week.
  • I was working. Sorry.
    Yeah, rubbish.

Predictable as ever.

• I didn't fancy it, but my eldest convinced
    me to go.

I KNEW it was gonna be like tonight, nothing ever changes at Charlton! Crap crowd, Crap game.....but what a goal!

PS: Wtf was the comedy act at half time with the scores?

Doris Stokes had more idea.
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah, rubbish.

Predictable as ever.

Yes, you are, sweetie.
    :o)
  • I didn't fancy it, but my eldest convinced
    me to go.

I KNEW it was gonna be like tonight, nothing ever changes at Charlton! Crap crowd, Crap game.....but what a goal!

PS: Wtf was the comedy act at half time with the scores?

Doris Stokes had more idea.
    I was laughing at @BDL trying to work his iPad. that was proper comedy with the scores.
  • @BDL leave the ONE AIM alone mate it's feckin cringeworthy
  • Ipad ???

God, @BDL is such a Gadget Geek.....
  • i'm hoping it is a personal one and the club don't provide it. it used to be fine with a clipboard and bits of paper!
  • tragic, but even with 5,000 more would have still been as quiet as a graveyard
  • Not amazing but really not that bad, if you keep in mind the opposition and the necessity of the win then our attendance reflects favourably with our two south london rivals that were also at home tonight
  • tragic, but even with 5,000 more would have still been as quiet as a graveyard
    Agree with this. Had a feeling there was a 'lets get this over and done with' vibe about it.
  • thought the crowd were pretty good for the first 10 - 20 minutes, as the team were, but as the team went quiet so did the crowd.

As for the attendance, just cause not every body treats going to matches with some sort of religious fervor, does not mean that there is anything wrong with them.
  • To get over 13K on a Tuedsay night in January against Bury in the 3rd tier is a very good gate when looked in perspective at what we have got in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• poor thread... nuff said!
  • Like many, I was a bit disappointed with the attendance but have to take a lot into consideration. Work, Many take their kids on a saturday and can't do so on a school night.

I'm sure we'll sell out for Rochdale on Saturday though................................
  • Who cares what the attendance was.
    I'm happy for those who didn't go, It was a poor performance.
    Move on.

• Like many, I was a bit disappointed with the attendance but have to take a lot into consideration. Work, Many take their kids on a saturday and can't do so on a school night.

I'm sure we'll sell out for Rochdale on Saturday though................................
    This! Well apart from sell out On sat ;-)

• Well, that bit was tongue in cheek :-)
  • Not surprised by the gate. When it was rearranged we knew there was little we could do with Bury on a Tuesday night in January. It's a third division match, after all.

I think we have been spoilt lately in terms of the gates, but we should be back to 16k plus on Saturday. Unfortunately there is a real problem getting people out to evening games; especially at this time of year.

No point in criticising those not there.
  • Well, that bit was tongue in cheek :-)
    Hence the wink! ;-)
  • I was there spiritually, and a lot warmer! ; )
  • so on a night we go ten points clear at the top this is the moan , that we're ONLY getting nearly 14,000 for a third division match?

I despair I really do
  • Not surprised by the gate. When it was rearranged we knew there was little we could do with Bury on a Tuesday night in January. It's a third division match, after all.

I think we have been spoilt lately in terms of the gates, but we should be back to 16k plus on Saturday. Unfortunately there is a real problem getting people out to evening games; especially at this time of year.

No point in criticising those not there.
    A free hot drink for every ticket bought!