Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Following on from the BBC3 interview at Millwall

2»

Comments

• Options
    I have not seen the show but am not surprised that John Fashanu came across badly, he is just about the most absurd person in public life.

The funny thing is that Fashanu thinks he is erudite, clever and something of an intellectual when he is, in fact, a well spoken moron, similar in many ways to a Henry type.
    Been saying that for years
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I think the Fashanus were orphans.....or abandoned maybe, wern't they raised in an orphanage?
    Both were pretty screwed up individuals but were evidently very close until the bomb shells started dropping and John made a point of totally disowning Justin and dropped him like a hot potato.
    There was also the huge pressure of their Christian upbrining in the extraordinarily weird and quite absurdly prejudiced Nigerian Christian community.
  • Options
    Floodgates are open!!! Nice one SAAP!
  • Options
    We should accept the Pink Lions for who they really are.
  • Options
    I think the Fashanus were orphans.....or abandoned maybe, wern't they raised in an orphanage?
    Both were pretty screwed up individuals but were evidently very close until the bomb shells started dropping and John made a point of totally disowning Justin and dropped him like a hot potato.
    There was also the huge pressure of their Christian upbrining in the extraordinarily weird and quite absurdly prejudiced Nigerian Christain community.
    I think they were Barnado boys.
  • Options
    I have not seen the show but am not surprised that John Fashanu came across badly, he is just about the most absurd person in public life.

The funny thing is that Fashanu thinks he is erudite, clever and something of an intellectual when he is, in fact, a well spoken moron, similar in many ways to a Henry type.
    Been saying that for years
    Took a couple of reads but I spotted it in the end!
  • Options
    Fashanu must hang his head in shame , he didnt help his brother when he needed him. This was a piss poor programme made by a silly little girl. A proper well researched documentary on this subject would be good tv. Didn't know Joey Barton was one !!
  • Options
    I'm not surprised most of the Millwall players backed out of giving their thoughts, especially the younger ones. They're footballers - they're paid to play football and nothing else. A lot of them aren't well educated and probably don't have wide-ranging refreshingly liberal views on the state of our society. I imagine most of them like playing football, going out on the piss and repeating. In their situation I think I'd rather avoid giving my thoughts just in case I ended up saying something controversial or being misinterpreted onsomething I didn't mean. You're risking annoying your manager, the board, other players and people everywhere just over a five minute interview on something you probably don't give a second thought to in reality. Can't really blame them
  • Options
    Fashanu must hang his head in shame , he didnt help his brother when he needed him. This was a piss poor programme made by a silly little girl. A proper well researched documentary on this subject would be good tv. Didn't know Joey Barton was one !!
    I agree that I was let down with the programme. Ms Fashanu obviously doesn't have any interest in football and doesn't attend any games and only got the gig due to her connection with Justin. Thought that the research was poor and the whole thing was made up as it went along.

It's a subject that needs to be looked upon but did she really expect any players to 'come out' for the sake of her silly little show?

An hour of my life wasted that told me nothing I didn't already know..................
  • Options
    Ruben Bover Izquierdo...........................

Sorry, couldn't resist that one. (and before anyone doesn't get it and jumps on me for making accusations, read his name out to yourself)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    didn't see the show but not sure why its necessary to flaunt ones sexual preferences; likewise politics, religion, or anything else unrelated to the sport in question. Perhaps thats a typical and insensitive point of view, but there's far too much non-sport stuff in sport if you ask me
  • Options
    didn't see the show but not sure why its necessary to flaunt ones sexual preferences; likewise politics, religion, or anything else unrelated to the sport in question. Perhaps thats a typical and insensitive point of view, but there's far too much non-sport stuff in sport if you ask me
    From a purely sporting point of view, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

But like it or not, football (particularly at the top level) is an all-round entertainment business these days. Lets say, hypothetically, that a high-profile player is getting married. 'Celebrities' like Cheryl Cole are invited to the wedding and the press are all over it. If one of said player's teammates is gay, should that teammate have to turn to Max Clifford to provide him with a Page 3 beauty to accompany him to the wedding, or should he be able to take his real partner?

I don't think it's about flaunting their sexuality really; more about just being able to live their life in a truthful way.
  • Options
    Was very surprised that Millwall even allowed cameras into the training ground. Can't say that that club came across particularly well with players just walking off when asked to comment although their senior players said the right things.

As a documentary, it was interesting, nothing more. Not particularly insightful and seemed more like a line on her CV than anything like a revealing insight and assessment.