Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - 19th Feb 1994 Bristol City 1 Charlton 1

Comments

• Options
    there's some absolutely stunning bobble hats on show in that one!

Wasn't there a very similar picture of us that day published in a book? I remember the Union flags in the background etc.
  • Options
    great day out.......one of the best
  • Options
    Yeah the brick dodging contest at the end was hilarious....lol.....3 skips full of it...the OB were a joke down there to be honest
  • Options
    Ive been studying the photo as my son is there too...couldnt spot him at first.....he is the spitting image of my youngest who is 11 now....Greig was 9 in 1994....thanks for posting this up mate...brilliant memories
  • Options
    Front right in my favourite denim jacket.

I think Live by The Sword still has the beanie hat he was wearing there :-)

Got to laugh at Tavern on his own - forgot to shower that day?
  • Options
    Jim Macdonald from Corrie is at the bottom left..........
  • Options
    1 day before my 19th birthday me eddieaddick and a couple of pals went down there, Was chatting to a little cutie on the coach and looked like i was getting somewhere (she was with her dad) by the time we got back on the coach i had a black eye busted lip spilt head and 1 fecking trainer not looking half as sharp as i was earlier and about 7 stone lighter than i am now ladies i was looking sharp and good lol.

Her oldman moved her from their seat near the back and sat at the front of the coach not even letting her look round, Disgusted he was good and proper

but folks a great day out a real way day memory the coins coming over from the tossers in the stand next to us the bit of rope segregating us and the city and a skip full of ammo just outside

those were the days
  • Options
    Tavern all on your jacks there mate -- whats that all about ? defo in better shape these days , is that Curb-It geting you on the long walks or fear ?
  • Options
    Those were the days. I think we were the other side of the left section of the photo only because our flag was up and I can't see it. We were out first to be met by those nice Bristol folk waiting for us - fun and games getting back to the car..
  • Options
    First big away day I had with my pal pshrimpt, we were only 16, the Bristol fans taught us a lesson in going to an away game, when mental when Minto scored, was carried about 40 yards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robbo scored mate, second half...we moved the kids over to the left of the picture in the second half as we were being pelted by coins
  • Options
    I thought it was Robson?

To be fair I think Brizzle city had a little shock when we had them on the run a few times!

If it wasent for their numbers we would have had them on the run all night!
  • Options
    Got that photo with Tavern in it, in a book of football grounds, I was up near the back near the union flag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Robbo scored mate, second half...we moved the kids over to the left of the picture in the second half as we were being pelted by coins

Yeah, Robbo, sorry.
  • Options
    i lost a chain and got my top ripped as well
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i lost a chain and got my top ripped as well

I got a whack on the back of the head. Probably did more damage to the yokels fist than me.

I remember walking down Floyd Road for the replay, when a city fan jumped in the middle of the Road (with a couple of his mates sitting on a garden wall) asking to take on any and everyone manno a manno. Although a bit small he did look a bit tasty - never knew if anyone took him up on it.
  • Options
    They got a right good hiding.....before, during and after the match...think a little bit of revenge was had on the night.
  • Options

I remember that, spoke to you briefly outside that pub near the skip, I remember the industrial estate and dodging traffic on the dual carriageway as well, very heavy day out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

I remember that, spoke to you briefly outside that pub near the skip, I remember the industrial estate and dodging traffic on the dual carriageway as well, very heavy day out.

Big time m8
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]They got a right good hiding.....before, during and after the match...think a little bit of revenge was had on the night.

We got stopped mob handed walking from the H&G to the Anti by the OB at Ransom Walk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great day out,i made a few quid selling ski hats,and ended the nite in flamingos
  • Options
    Was there but can't see myself. Think I was up the back and closer to the two tier stand from which we were coined after the game.

Can see Essex Addick just along from Addickted.
  • Options
    A few of us were meant to go down, but we had a heavy one night before and decided to blow it out.
    What was the cause of all the trouble - had there been some history before this game?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]They got a right good hiding.....before, during and after the match...think a little bit of revenge was had on the night.[/quote]

We got stopped mob handed walking from the H&G to the Anti by the OB at Ransom Walk.[/quote]

Its a shame they didnt stop us against the Daggers (W.Ham) and Palarse..............Thats what I heard anyway!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]They got a right good hiding.....before, during and after the match...think a little bit of revenge was had on the night.

We got stopped mob handed walking from the H&G to the Anti by the OB at Ransom Walk.

Its a shame they didnt stop us against the Daggers (W.Ham) and Palarse..............Thats what I heard anyway!!!!!

Dont know what your on about officer?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]A few of us were meant to go down, but we had a heavy one night before and decided to blow it out.
    What was the cause of all the trouble - had there been some history before this game?

No history, they decided to wait outside the away end next to a skip and started pelting families and scarfers as they came out, but when the "Charlton risk element" came out it was a different story and they soon retreated.
  • Options
    The skips were a bit of a farce though wasnt they.....what other force would allow that to happen when they know 6000 travelling fans are on their way? I saw four separate incidents at the return match and City were on the receiving end of all of them.....after what had happened at Ashton Gate, you could hardly feel sorry for them...well I didnt anyway :-)

Ashton Gate was the last time I remember seeing Scar Throat as well...wonder what happened to him?
  • Options
    He's been on loan at Man Utd
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited June 2009
    ah well that's the answer!

:-)
  • Options
    Anyone remember a group of 4 blokes that used to sit in Block A of the covered end around this time.
    One was a postie with shaven head always used to be out of it. Think they may have been from the lewisham area haven't seen them around the ground in a while though