Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

burgled last night..

Comments

• Options
    About a year ago I was in bed with misses kids asleep about midnight when there was a knock at the door, looked out the bedroom window and saw a man I didn't know standing there, so went downstairs to bay window and looked again the man looked at me so I said what do you want? He replied that he was in danger and needed my help, so I said what's wrong he said open the door I will explain, not being stupid I said well tell me he said please just open the door I will tell you quickly. So I said ok I will phone the police they will help you and picked up the phone, with that he legged it with three other fellas hiding behind my two cars. So did call police who give them there due had about four cars outside within minutes, the reason they believe was to force door open and steal keys to my two luxury cars.

• Options
    Eltham Addick...... Are the patio doors upvc?? If so It may be just the Mechanism that you need to change?
  • Options
    "Does anyone have an alarm that works with pets? I'm in fear of the cats continually setting off an alarm and really fu(king off the neighbours"

We have an ADT alarm and after getting a couple of cats last year we upgraded to pet sensors (£90 for two). First time we went out and left them in the house we got a call from ADT to say a sensor had been tripped. Rushed back home and all appeared OK. Not thappy with this I got an engineer out who explained that as one of the sensors was facing onto the stair case then it would be set off if the cats ran up in the wrong place at a certain height!

To answer your question they are f*cking useless and a waste of money!
  • Options
    I have "pet tolerant" sensors from my alarm company - BBSC, "they are good for dogs up to 30KG" apparently, however if the dog goes up onto the settee it will trigger, or if he stands on 2 legs it will trigger, or go upstars....how this is pet tolerant I have no idea but it's a complete con..!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. I live in Eltham and know there was a community meeting a few months ago due to lots of burgles. Anywhere near prince-John road?
    My mate got burgled recently and said the worst part was the feeling of invasion of privacy. Awful thing to happen.
  • Options
    Woops just read that you live in welling now. My mate got burgled in welling, the cnuts that done it still haven't been caught but they know they live in plumstead.
    Only November time.
  • Options
    @SE9 aluminium ones, already had insurance contractors round and they'll be replaced in days, just had the PCSO round, another burglary round the corner tonight just been reported
  • Options
    Elthamaddick

Are you near the station in Welling as there have been a few reports in that area recently.
  • Options
    @Penfolds not too far, PCSO said about a dozen in the past 2-3 weeks working their way from Falconwood down through Welling
  • Options
    ".........my two luxury cars"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Work collegue who lives opposite Winns Common got done last night. I say last night. 6pm. Alarm scared them off so not too much gone. He said the police told him 3 other houses heading towards Welling had been done that afternoon.
  • Options
    3 houses at the end of the road got done last week.
  • Options
    i used to live on knockholt road in Eltham, 28yrs ago, it was bad then too, then i moved to south wales, and it was bad there too, i actually got burgled when i lived on VICTORIA WAY! in Charlton, scum, now, if anyone comes onto my property i have the right to bear arms and introduce them to my friend Mr Glock (40)!
  • Options
    I got burgaled when I lived with me mum in Charlton Park Lane about 16 years ago.

I was about 19 at the time and came home stoned as I usually did in them days, heard drawers opening which I thought was me mum in the kitchen as she always got up through the night and made tea. Normally Id pop me head around the bannisters and say @ill have one' couldnt be arsed this night, woke up in the morning with me mum questioning me if Id seen her handbag.
    They stole her handbag with about a fiver in and her glasses which she was most upset about about, oh and they nicked a 12" carving knife from the drawer.

They had literally opened the front door with a credit card as only the yale lock was used, copper showed me how they done it the following day.................Chubb lock was always on after that.

Anyone see coppers with that crying little *&%$ of a burglar on Monday night. Smug twat, they know they wont get nicked.
  • Options
    A friend of ours got burgled a couple of weeks back @ 9am in the morning , it was the third time in ten years they've been burgled
    They live on the corner of a road so its very open for neighbours and thieves to see
    Since the first two burglarys they have had cctv put in and they already have an alarm system
    A neighbour called our friend about half hour after she'd left home and told her about her alarm going off, she went home immediately and could see the backdoor had been wrenched/smashed open
    The cctv footage just showed a scrotum who had his hoody pulled over his face and kept his face shielded , he(presumably) just walked through the garden cool as a cucumber and despite the alarm going off carried on with his task !!
    The burglar had a quick scoot around and took a few bits and bobs and turned a few draws over etc then left within ten minutes
    Police were helpful but admitted they didn't hold out much hope cos there were no prints to work on .....

Unlike above we leave our car keys in the drawer in the kitchen easily available , if these back uns are serious enough to wanna break in to my house and continue to be in there whilst the alarms going off, I want them to be in and out as quick as possible , the last thing I want is them to be in the house and to end up disturbing the kids (frightening the granny out of me !)
    The cars are insured the fear / nightmares the little uns(me) would have if they came across a burglar is something they'd have to live with forever
    Being a hermit helps cos there's always someone in our house or we get friends family over to house sit when we're away to look after the dogs/rats(two poxy italian greyhounds)
  • Options
    @Florida_Addick

I live just off of Knockholt Road!
  • Options
    One of the great things about living in Dubai is the almost zero crime rate. Most people I know out here never bother to lock their doors when they leave their house. Everything is totally safe & you can guarantee that you will never be robbed. It takes a lot of getting used to but it is absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    Topped off a cracking week with a £100 parking ticket this afternoon...

The lads had better win tomorrow GRRRR..
  • Options
    Pity!! I hated it, liked eltham though, much preferred victoria way!
  • Options
    £65 parking ticket for me cheers Southwark council
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CrayAddickJanuary 20

£65 parking ticket for me cheers Southwark council

Well there must have been a reason why it was issued? Maybe you were illegally parked?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    happening frequently where you (elthamaddick) used to live.
    next door but one to my mum and dads place has been done twice in the last few months.
  • Options
    My best mates parents got burgled during the day yesterday, kicked in the back door and took anything of value, jewellery, laptop etc. They live on Glenesk Rd in Eltham.

Can't say anything more than what's already been said on this thread re scum etc, just thought I'd post it to encourage everyone to lock up and keep their eyes peeled.
  • Options
    Cheers mate will do , inlaws live on Glenlyon
  • Options
    Just found out that my Uncle, who lives on Victoria Way and is a life-long Addicks fan, was burgled before Christmas. They took all his pension money.

Then yesterday, some scumbag wearing gloves and plastic bags on his feet tried to blag his way in. Lucky his carer turned up at the same time.

My Uncle is 90 years old and very frail.
  • Options
    Just found out that my Uncle, who lives on Victoria Way and is a life-long Addicks fan, was burgled before Christmas. They took all his pension money.

Then yesterday, some scumbag wearing gloves and plastic bags on his feet tried to blag his way in. Lucky his carer turned up at the same time.

Now hearing that has just spoilt my day....the poor old fella.....f*** f*** f***!
  • Options

absolutel scumbags, hope he's o.k
  • Options
    my doors were locked with a key but they just ripped the lock out!