Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

burgled last night..

Comments

• Options
    Get involved Chirpy!
  • Options
    ADT ....from previous experience i cannot recommend them
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I hope you get a result EA.
    About 4 years ago had my shed burgled, it was alarmed and to gain access they took the window out, they had approx 10 seconds to get as much as they can before the alarm went off.
    Called the Old Bill, a rather bored voice said Ok heres your crime number, we do not have anyone available at the moment and then inquired to what was taken. My reply ' A WW2 Sten Sub machine Gun, A Lee Enfield No4 303 Rifle and a Webley .38 revolver' woke them up, I reckon within 10 minutes I had armed Police round as well as the Hobby Bobbies and then SOCO came round to take a copy of the trainer print in my shed.
    They never caught anyone but whenever there is a shooting or a gun crime within a 10 mile radius, I get a visit, the last time they came round someone had been shot with a Shotgun and I had to explain to them that I didnt have a shotgun nicked and explained yet again that these were deactivated WW2 antiques. Unless it is an out of the ordinary burglary they really do not care and do not have a clue.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Its not a question of ADT but the having an alarm makes it a tad more of a pain in the arse to the scum. Mine is monitored had a call 3 weeks ago it went into alarm and did i need Obill out, as i was on way home i said no.It was a fault which they fixed same night.

As for the baseball bat , it was the arsehole old bill who started to question me about mine hanging on the wall after they rocked up the day re my break in. I asked what the f**k that had to do with the burglary and he still twated on about it-- so i told em to f**k off out of my hse.

As i said take a look when walking up your road how many places have alarms, its a surprise.Then think like a scum bag--would u hit a place with an alarm or one that dosnt ?

If your off during the day and u get a random knock on the door, check it out and check their ID, its another way the scum find out if anyone is at home
  • Options
    A neighbour went to see a show at the local theatre, by taxi, and as the taxi drove off they realised they'd forgotten the tickets, so got a cab home to find the first taxi driver burgling their house!
  • Options
    @RedMist

A neighbour went to see a show at the local theatre, by taxi, and as the taxi drove off they realised they'd forgotten the tickets, so got a cab home to find the first taxi driver burgling their house!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What did they do when they found him?
  • Options
    Bought the tickets back off him?
  • Options
    ADT are a big commercial alarm company and the sort of figures being talked about above are way too high if you ask me. I had my whole house alarmed for a fraction of that. Most of the big companies like ADT, Secom, Chubb are an absolute rip off and you can guarantee they will always screw things up and will be the one trade that stops you handing a job over on time. Rant over.
  • Options
    On a slightly related note, ive just completed two weeks jury service at Belmarsh. The two cases I sat on were laughable beyond belief. If OB are wasting their time pursuing cases like the this, then no wonder they don't have time to investigate real cases like burglary. Cnuts.
  • Options
    @Ormiston Addick

My neighbour gave him a few clumps and kept him there until the rozzers arrived, the taxi driver didn't complain much apparently!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone have an alarm that works with pets? I'm in fear of the cats continually setting off an alarm and really fu(king off the neighbours
  • Options
    Well just arrived home and have to say it's worse than I thought it would be, I can tell they've been everywhere and in every room, new back patio doors are needed!!. Plenty is gone, all replaceable as they are only belongings...the thing that upsets me most is the circa 1,500 photos of my little girl stored on my laptop.....those I can't get back, stiff drink now and off to bed, think about tidying in the morning.

Mad / upset doesn't even come close at the moment

F**king W*nkers (excuse the language)
  • Options
    I've never heard of anyone being burgled by a cat :-)
  • Options
    Baseball bats are useless in a small area like a house. If you're going to use a tool, make it a cosh or tyre iron (require much less room to swing effectively). If you absolutely must have the 'big bollocks' factor of a baseball bat, use it to jab instead of swinging with it.
  • Options
    F**king W*nkers and such language was invented for times like these. We were burgled on New Years Eve a few years ago so we feel your pain. I just kept wishing I could have caught them in the act. I had to get over it quickly as it was doing my head in. Hope they are caught and you get some form of justice.
  • Options
    @Elthamaddick- I'm Eltham Park mate, whereabouts are you in Eltham?
  • Options
    Never heard of a Cat Burgler?
  • Options
    @Chirpy Red Welling now mate, have been for 3 years now just couldn't be bothered to change the username!!!
  • Options
    I see that there is some negative feedback on ADT. Does anyone have any recommendations re alarms, fitting etc. What is the average cost of getting one fitted these days?
  • Options
    I have a glass bottle, an ice pick/axe and several knives at arms length away from me if anyone tries anything here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    Cousin got done is welling just before christmas broke in at night took loads of stuff and then the car. They were off to Australia the next day!
  • Options
    Leroy, I see your point, but if I can catch them coming up the stairs there should be enough room to get in a good swing (see, I've thought about this!). Also, an Englishman would naturally have a cricket bat in his room, a cosh.... only if he meant to do harm.
  • Options
    Leroy ---u hold the bat half way up the shaft when using it in confined spaces !! thats Sarf London 101 mate ,thought you would know that. Also got a flick hammer(yes they exist) up stairs get hit with that and its broken bones at least.

Always take the car keys and my wallet up stairs when we go to bed -----never leave anything like keys dosh, lap tops etc in sight re windows

Few years ago i was carving up the sunday lunch when i herd a big crash, looked up to see a desperate Yoot climbing over my fence (next door has two huge dogs) he looks straight at me through the kitchen window standing there with a carving knife !! but shit luck i couldnt get the back door open quick enough----when i did i could here him crashing over a fence some way away. Went next door --nothing gone but my neighbor did say the dogs seemed happy !!
  • Options
    Saga Lout 8:43AM
    Leroy, I see your point, but if I can catch them coming up the stairs there should be enough room to get in a good swing (see, I've thought about this!). Also, an Englishman would naturally have a cricket bat in his room, a cosh.... only if he meant to do harm.

Saga Lout... Make sure you keep the bat straight and leading hand forward and leading knee bent.
  • Options
    Also got a flick hammer(yes they exist).

Sounds like something out of wacky races? ACME?
  • Options
    its a metal tube which when flicked extends to about a foot and its flexable with a 1" ball bearing on the end !
  • Options
    Jesus, reading all this I'm glad I live 6 floors up!
  • Options
    Mate I really feel for you, know exactly how you feel.